Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Yeah... t...totally the armor of a peacefull, loving, nature caring race....
    They were as peaceful as the tauren back in the day before the legion meddled with them. What they became is an entirely different story, arguing for going back to their old nature is like asking for humans to re-embrace their pre Arathor empire days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Grom already drank it once though and developed an addiction of sort. The blood's curse filled him with bloodlust and became harder to keep it in check the closer to Mannoroth he got.

Getting immensely powerful was not a bad thing and that was the only thing Orcs knew. They had no idea it would have also enslaved them to the Legion. You can see how AU Grom differently reacted to Gul'dan's proposal, gifted with that knowledge (unfortunately also deprived of other important info from Garrosh, reason why he went in full warmongering mode anyway).
    Yeah, that what I mean though. It was the Burning Legion all along. They got tricked into it. I am not putting the blame on them here, only Sargeras and the Burning Legion. But there was power within the clans that wanted power too, and was perhaps more easily drawned to power(Blackhand for example)

For Grom, well we had this discussion before. Grom knew what he was doing, and for the Orcs it was the right thing to do in that certain situation. But that is the Grom we know and love. He loves a fight :P

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    If those people actually knew the lore and read 'Tides of War' would know, that Dalaran (the neutral city) came to Theramore's defense.
    If you actually knew lore - which you don't, never have and never will - you'd know that Jaina herself argued that asking Dalaran for help would be asking them to break neutrality when Pained suggested her she should ask their help. You'd also know that them helping Theramore had nothing to do with mana bomb and their distaste towards it, because Garrosh's plan revolving around the mana bomb became known shortly before it was dropped.

Rhonin sacrificed himself to save his wife, Jaina, and Kalimdor. He believed that the bomb was so strong it could rift the planet.
    You pulled this nonsense out of your fanfiction-loving ass.

It was a mana bomb.
    Blood elves had created the cursed things—bombs fueled by pure arcane energy. Death was immediate. The size varied, but the bombs with which Rhonin was familiar were as large as a human male. This bomb, looking like delicate spun glass, ran the entire length of the galleon. And if it was being fueled by the Focusing Iris—
    Vereesa—
    He felt a sudden shudder of relief through the horror that gripped him. Vereesa was already well on her way west. There had been no report that she was heading back to Theramore. She would be out of the blast radius. His wife would be safe.
    Depending on where the bomb would be deployed.
    He turned to those who were awaiting his response. “Yes, please tell Lady Jaina that I’ve detected a sort of dampening field in operation. That’s why the portals aren’t working. Tell her to meet me in the top rooms of her tower. And tell her to hurry.”
    They left to deliver his message. Rhonin didn’t hesitate. He ran for the appointed meeting place, his mind racing. The tower had been warded with all kinds of protective magics. It was a solid fortress against such attacks. It could work—but so many things had to go exactly right.
    Well. Rhonin would just have to make sure they did, wouldn’t he?
    That's the part of the book where Rhonin notices the bomb.

Jaina was confused and more than a little irritated that Rhonin insisted she come to him. The wounded who needed to be portaled to care were here, not inside the tower! Nonetheless she and her assistants hurried as she was bidden. Rhonin was waiting for them at the top of the tower. He threw open one of the stained-glass windows and pointed skyward. Jaina gasped.
    “Is it the Focusing Iris?”
    “Yes,” said Rhonin. “It’s powering the biggest mana bomb that’s ever been made. And putting out a dampening field so that no one can get away.” He whirled on her. “I can divert it. But first, help me—I can hold back the dampening field long enough to get these people to safety.”
    Jaina glanced at her stalwart companions. “Of course!”
    Rhonin muttered an incantation, his fingers fluttering as he concentrated, then nodded to Jaina. She began to cast the portal-opening spell, but didn’t understand what she saw. She intended to send the injured directly to Stormwind, but instead caught a glimpse not of that great stone city but an island, little more than a rock, one of many that dotted the Great Sea. She turned to Rhonin, confused.
    “Why are you redirecting my portal?”
    “Takes… less energy,” grunted Rhonin. Sweat was dotting his brow, matting wisps of red hair to his forehead.
    The reasoning made no sense. She opened her mouth, and he snapped, “Don’t argue. Just—go through, all of you!”
    Jaina’s companions obeyed, racing into the swirling portal. Jaina hung back. Something wasn’t right. Why was he—
    And then she understood. “You can’t defuse it! You’re planning on dying here!”
    “Shut. Up. Just go through! I have to pull it here, right here, to save Vereesa and Shandris and as… as many as I can. The walls of this tower are steeped in magic. I should be able to localize the detonation. Don’t be a foolish little girl, Jaina. Go!”
    She stared at him, horrified. “No! I can’t let you do this! You have a family. You’re the leader of the Kirin Tor!”
    His eyes, closed in concentration, snapped open and his gaze was both furious and pleading. His body trembled with the strain of holding open the portal and blocking the dampening field.
    “And you’re the future of it!”
    “No! I’m not! Theramore is my city. I need to stay and defend it!”
    “Jaina, if you don’t go soon, we will both die, and my efforts to drag the cursed bomb here instead of letting it strike the heart of the city will be for nothing. Is that what you want? Is it?”
    Of course not. But she couldn’t stand by and let him sacrifice himself for her. “I won’t abandon you!” Jaina cried, turning to look up at the bomb. “Maybe together we can divert it!” She was shouting to be heard over the noise of the sky galleon. It was coming closer now, and she saw, dipping and diving about it, several small flying figures.
    And one large one.
    Kalec!
    And the other bit concerning Rhonin and the mana bomb, less than two pages later. That's the last scene with Rhonin being alive. Look at all them mentions of rifting the planet (the world "planet" doesn't appear even once in the entire goddamn book) or even Kalimdor. And look at all them cases of people who actually read Tides of War in your post (hint: it's zero). You're so full of it (as per usual) that even Rhonin's disenchanted corpse can smell it all the way from Azeroth.

Anyone who says what happened to Theramore was OK because it was "a legitimate military target" is just flat out dumb. Not just in regards to WoW, but IRL too. They are the kind of people who justify dropping nuclear weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki as legitimate as well
    You're comparing apples to oranges. Theramore was a valid target only because it was, at the time of the bombing, a purely military one, since the civilians already fled. Both Hiroshima and Nagasaki were populated cities that were full of civilians at the time of bombings.

or think that "guns don't kill people, people kill people" ... it couldn't possibly be the military-grade lethal weapons in the hands of unstable civilians.
    And now you're brining up irrelevant shit in a missed projection. Congrats, you have still yet to master the skill of logic. Or even reach "first time user" level in it.

You just can't rationalize with these types of people and I find most of the time these are Horde players.
    But what if the reason behind that is you? You being unable to rationalize with anyone or anything, because you and the very concept of reason and rational thought are apparently mortal enemies? As evidenced by the logical trainwreck above. Speaking of which, weirdly enough that seems to be a theme with the whiny part of the Alliance players here. I wonder why.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-02-22 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes, and that is what the orcs of old were, but once they were intorduced to murder and war they have become addicted to it.
    Except Thrall led them back to those roots, more or less. It's the whole reason why they formed an alliance with Tauren in the first place.

Sure, a certain war-like look and mentality will forever stick to the Orcs, it has become part of their heritage and tradition, but that's what also set them apart from just being green Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    But there was power within the clans that wanted power too, and was perhaps more easily drawned to power(Blackhand for example)
    No doubt about that. To make a loose comparison with Humans, Gul'dan was Kel'Thuzad, Blackhand was Garithos and Ner'zhul was Arthas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    No doubt about that. To make a loose comparison with Humans, Gul'dan was Kel'Thuzad, Blackhand was Garithos and Ner'zhul was Arthas.
    Yeah, pretty much that. The Bad, the Ugly and the Worst.

Point of fact it's evident from both sides quests the spys and workers weren't hostile in will this. The spy master tells the alliance champions to get violent if necessary and the orc overseer tells u to kill the spies. There is no evidence the spies hurt any goblins.

But other than that yea the ppl who enslave others and use genocidal weapons are bad. And being prejudiced against ppl who did nothing as Mr orc Hitler tried to kill and enslave you...doesn't make racist
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Maybe one of your own shouldnt have invited them.
    When you last invited someone to your house did they come armed and started breaking things?

Besides: if anyone is at fault for the invitation it's the legion, who has manipulated Medivh and Gul'dan...