Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    She is just a sore loser.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    US didn’t even bring their “best” male hockey players. I don’t believe Canada did either. The players that are on the NHL teams couldn’t get insurance so they didn’t travel to South Korea.

Peace
    To be fair all of the top nations were effected by this; Canada, US, Sweden, Russia, Czech Rep, Finland etc...but I do think Canada and US were the most effected.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Remove the medals then if it's clearly not a competition in any way shape or form. Just because it's not written in a description made by a person doesn't mean you have to blind yourself to the obvious reality of things that are maybe not written by said person.
    Who said anything about it not being a competition? Simple fact is poor sportsmanship has no place in a Olympic venue.

US didn’t even bring their “best” male hockey players. I don’t believe Canada did either. The players that are on the NHL teams couldn’t get insurance so they didn’t travel to South Korea.

Peace
    That's not why they didn't go. Do you just say shit hoping it's true? Gary Bettmen, the head of the NHL won't allow it's players to participate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    That's not why they didn't go. Do you just say shit hoping it's true? Gary Bettmen, the head of the NHL won't allow it's players to participate.
    They didn’t go because of insurance purposes my friend. If a professional player got hurt, no one would insure them. Or they couldn’t find one. It’s all about the money.

Peace

They didn’t go because of insurance purposes my friend. It’s all about the money.

Peace
    Yea.. no. They didn't go because it interrupts the NHL season.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-will-no...cs/c-288385598

Oops, care to try again?
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

Taking it off isn't a big deal.
    I thought this was woman's hockey?

Oops, care to try again?
    The NHL has sent over 700 players to the Olympics in the past. This is the first one in 20 years they have missed. The NHL has nothing to financially gain from letting its players participate and much to lose if players get injured.
    It’s all about the money...

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Who said anything about it not being a competition? Simple fact is poor sportsmanship has no place in a Olympic venue.
    Dude all she did was remove the medal from around her neck. Did not YANK it, did not throw it, did not even say a word in this moment.

This is straight up overreacting, sure it was not the best move but chill out lol, there has been way worst attitude displayed before.

If you really wanna talk about bad sportsmanship let's talk about doping or something serious like that, not just a girl who's sad she lost had a reaction instead of being 100% stoic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I thought this was woman's hockey?
    Whoosh.

I'm referring to the fact that in the World Juniors this year the Swedish captain chucked his medal into the crowd. Not wearing it around your neck is barely anything.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Oops, care to try again?

To quote your own source:
    we were open to hearing from any of the other parties who might have an interest in the issue (e.g., the IOC, the IIHF, the NHLPA, etc.) as to reasons the Board of Governors might be interested in re-evaluating their strongly held views on the subject," the NHL said in a statement. "A number of months have now passed and no meaningful dialogue has materialized. Instead, the IOC has now expressed the position that the NHL's participation in Beijing in 2022 is conditioned on our participation in South Korea in 2018. And the NHLPA has now publicly confirmed that it has no interest or intention of engaging in any discussion that might make Olympic participation more attractive to the clubs.
    My bold. The proposal from the IOC had no benefit to the NHL, only risk. They specifically say they would have been open to it if they had incentive. So as @Allybeboba said, it's all about money.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    To quote your own source:

My bold. The proposal from the IOC had no benefit to the NHL, only risk. They specifically say they would have been open to it if they had incentive. So as @Allybeboba said, it's all about money.
    His original quote was that the players couldn't get insured, and that's why they didn't go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    To add to this...What are WE going to do about it?
    Lol that made me chuckle. Let me know what you want to do about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Whoosh.

I'm referring to the fact that in the World Juniors this year the Swedish captain chucked his medal into the crowd. Not wearing it around your neck is barely anything.
    I got that afterwards once I realized it was a bunch of sweds not a bunch of canadians.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is total...what is it that stupid people say? Nothing burger?

Not a big deal. Canada expects to win every hockey tournament. They lost to a bitter rival in frustrating fashion. It's just a shame that the gold medal game had to go to a shootout.

I don't think she should be punished. She just looks like crybaby, that's all. If you want that to be your reputation then that's on you.

Also f this clickbait title.

The "tolerance" of "independents". Convenient and succinct, as usual.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Yanked it off. Took it off. What difference does it make? Bad sportsmanship is bad sportsmanship. It goes against the very principles of the Olympic Games.

It's a pretty big difference to make, To yank it off I picture her breaking the ribbon while yanking it off, kinda like yanking a Dog Tag of a Soldier, it's a motion of pulling down or across with little care to the item

Taking it off, is the motion of removing an item and not causing damage, in this case, she pulled it over her head.

His original quote was that the players couldn't get insured, and that's why they didn't go.
    It's still partly true. The issue wasn't necessarily who would insure them, but who was going to foot the bill for said insurance. Originally the IOC and IAAF weren't going to pay a penny. So the NHL would be disrupting their season (something no other major sports league does), paying the bill, being unable to promote or market the product (IOC retains all video rights), and likely suffer a diminished product for their season (There's a good chance someone is going to get injured). Why would they agree to those terms?

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    Lmao. This doesn't apply to Olympic medalists nor is it relevant to the situation.
    No, it very much has to do with it. In this day and age, there is an abundance of People who are entitled shitbags. And throw temper tantrums when things don't go the way they want them to.

Because, due to the 'everyone is a winner' mind set. They are never forced to deal with and cope with the fact that they did not 'win'.