Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think crossing Void Elves to the Alliance and Nightborne to the Horde was quite enough for this first go 'round. I'm not sure what's spurred all this, but it started with High Elves. Why do the Alliance all of sudden feel like they are entitled to the Horde's races? Why does someone playing Alliance even think that ONE ORC's intolerance of Sylvanas would constitute the entirety of the Mag'har joining the Alliance? Saurfang isn't even Mag'har, why would they follow him? Why would Grommash follow him? Why would they want to even consider joining Humans? That's A LOT of giant leaps, all because one Orc said something ambiguous about not liking Sylvanas' tactics.

This trend of Alliance wanting the Horde's toys is growing stale. Why can't you folks just stick to your faction, or come join the Horde? Why must you pretend you should have access to the things that make the Horde what it is? I dislike how you can't tell who's trolling and who's being serious on MMO-C anymore. It's tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    *some nonsensical ramblings
    I find it incredibly sad that people like you exist. You come here to only bash on people that take pride in their faction or enjoy the game. You literally tell people they log-in for a dopamine fix, as if you're not a human being that also gets dopamine from attacking strangers on the internet. And now... you're adopting fanboy-ism as your new creed? Citing their mantra as your new cop-out?

Wow. I rarely actually pity people... but I pity you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gakkiz Steelwrench View Post
    NO! BAD! *Whack with newspaper!*

Taunka and Yaungol is fine! But Grimtotem! BAD!
    The Grimtotem Tauren already got their chance, even after they betrayed the Tauren with Magatha, Baine gave them a choice, those that wanted to stay, and those that wanted to leave, so you could say that the Grimtotem are still in the Horde at least a really small group.

If one believes this is rooted from the High Elves, that the pattern would be more or less like this:

Alliance players since Beta: "We want to play High Elves".
    Blizzard, "not yet".
    TBC come around and Blood Elves join the Horde.
    Alliance players: "Um, what about the High Elves?"
    Blizzard/Horde Players: "If you want to play a High Elf, you need to roll Horde".
    Around this time there were also questions about the Draenei, since prior to TBC, they are what are now called the Broken. Than things changed, and players on both sides raged a bit (but sexy tail and shaman quiet the Alliance for a bit). The "we want the Broken" never went away.
    Also just after TBC launched the Horde players started with the, "We want Brown Orcs".
    Blizzard sort of waffled on that one. Brown orcs join the Horde, but aren't playable.
    Now in BfA, Brown Orcs seem to be coming, but there is the (minor) potential of them being an Alliance race.
    If this happens, the results would be the Horde players: "But my Brown Orcs!?"
    Blizzard/Alliance players: "If you really want a Brown Orc, you need to roll Alliance."
    Things come full circle.
    And if one mentions Void Elves, will that just means the Horde will eventually get Lightforged Orcs (formerly the Laughing Skull clan) that are blessed by the AU Naaru once they find AU Draenor at the end of BfA or the following expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillscale View Post
    So ... alot has been said about how Draenor Orc's shouldn't join the Alliance. Imo Orc's vs. Humans is the basis of WoW lore. But ... broken Draenei joining the Horde?! Well, there are a few reason's why I think it would make more sense.
    Most simply is that they would use the Draenei skeleton and Horde doesn't have a race using that skeleton while the Alliance have 2 already. One issue here is that if Blizzard want to balance the allied races based on skeleton distribution, then we probably won't see Wildhammer. (Which makes me think they will not be balancing that way.)

It would give the Horde a more dark/ void themed allied race to balance out the Void elves. From a culture/ history standpoint they have far more in common with Horde race's; deep and personal hatred for the Legion, survivalist mentality, history of being slave's, more shamanistic.

They also hate Velen. Wanting to put him on trial and have him atone for his perceived crimes is a legitimate reason to go to war with the Alliance and could play into an awesome scenario. The one issue here is their deference to Turalyon, who they see as a hero. Another reason would be the mythic nature of Broxigar in Krokul history; as the great green warrior that defended a portal into another world and struck a blow against Sargeras himself. Seeing orcs for the first time is like running into an army of Robin Hoods or similar folk heroes.

I am totally bias toward Krokul/ Broken on the Horde! Reasonable prediction or not?
    No

No

How bout no

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    uhh since when was hair not a model?
    yeah the body is the same, but the faces and hair styles are new
    and hair is a model....
    Yes, hair is a model, but you didn't specify it. You just said, and I quote:
    also void elves are new models, so they cant create 1 new model for female broken but can create 2 for void elves?
    Of which the second half of that paragraph heavily implies you were talking about the whole character model, not just the hair, considering that are no female Krokul broken female models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Actually the new Broken Model use the Draenei skeleton.

Nothing stops Blizzard from Updating the old models to the Draenei skeleton.
    That's true, I did not notice the Krokul broken used draenei skeleton and not the tauren skeleton.

- - - Updated - - -

uhh when did i?
    i dont think you read at all whaty i was saying.
    if they are willing to insert the time to make a bunch of custom hairstyles for them, i think they are willing to spend awhile making female broken models...
    Please don't compare making a handful of hairstyle models to creating an entire new model, which means a new body, new animations, new skeletons, new textures and, of course, new hairstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    Broken and Krokul are the exact same race (for those who don't know). They definitely belong on the Alliance even though they do share some traditions with the Horde. Farseer Nobundo is a Broken with the Alliance and is their racial leader, he's also already powerful and established. Also, the Kurenai were a faction of Alliance Broken. If the Horde received Broken, Horde identity will start to change for the worse.
    The goats abandoned the ones on Argus so I feel like they would join the Horde honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    sad part is, as much im trying to find comfort in your words, im still scared that blizzard actually gonna take this route. Im actually terrified, we wanted brown orcs since i dont know how long and once avaible, you gotta be alliance for it.

But boy do I hope you are right.
    This is unlikely to happen. Saurfang will most likely try to bring the Horde to his side and dethrone Sylvanas. It's more natural than, say, killing Sylvanas to pass the mantle of Warchief.

I'm betting on Thrall making a later appearance.

I don't get the "Velen abandoned the Krokuul, so they'd join the Horde" argument.

For one, their questline is about them putting that aside and working together again. Two, they're buddies with Turalyon, who is also Alliance.

They have no connection to the Horde at all. There's no reason to join them except spite, and that's not even valid anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes, hair is a model, but you didn't specify it. You just said, and I quote:
    Of which the second half of that paragraph heavily implies you were talking about the whole character model, not just the hair, considering that are no female Krokul broken female models.

- - - Updated - - -

That's true, I did not notice the Krokul broken used draenei skeleton and not the tauren skeleton.

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't compare making a handful of hairstyle models to creating an entire new model, which means a new body, new animations, new skeletons, new textures and, of course, new hairstyles.
    broken female would not need new skeletons, or animations, as it would be an alied race, so you dont have me there.
    but it would need a new model and texture, aswell as hair style...

idk what your talking about "body" though
    what is a model to you
    and what is a body to you?

but no it would simply use the female draenei skeleton and animations like the male one does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I don't get the "Velen abandoned the Krokuul, so they'd join the Horde" argument.

For one, their questline is about them putting that aside and working together again. Two, they're buddies with Turalyon, who is also Alliance.

They have no connection to the Horde at all. There's no reason to join them except spite, and that's not even valid anymore.
    yeah he never uhh abadonded them... I dont quite get whats going on...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The goats abandoned the ones on Argus so I feel like they would join the Horde honestly.
    how did they? are you talking 10k years ago? cause i guess you didnt do argus cause the whole first zones storyline was about becoming friends with them again, saying sorry for what happened, and they forgave.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

how did they? are you talking 10k years ago? cause i guess you didnt do argus cause the whole first zones storyline was about becoming friends with them again, saying sorry for what happened, and they forgave.
    Sure but that doesn't mean all of them forgave, I am sure there are tons of them with varying opinions.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would make more sense if Broken Draenei joined the Alliance. Because atleast then it would give alliance/draenei players little bit more playable options from the Draenei Race.

Also Its probably best to leave them as a alliance subrace than horde. Not because of Nightborne/Void Elf situation but also to stay true with Faction Race identity as much as possible. If you want a dark themed subrace how about Undead Humans or Vampire Undead Elves or Blood Trolls or something for the horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure but that doesn't mean all of them forgave, I am sure there are tons of them with varying opinions.
    well they were forgiving enough to become our troops, and join the army of the light.

well they were forgiving enough to become our troops, and join the army of the light.
    They joined with the Horde too, the army of light is their own faction.

7+ Year Old Account
    They joined with the Horde too, the army of light is their own faction.
    the army of the light is alliance based, sorry buddy.
    it is no longer its own faction sicne it and its people joined the alliance. also there was literally only 2 horde members who joined on Argus.

Deleted
    Beyond that one chief who had a hate bonner for Velen. Most 'good' broken however are Allaince allied. so they'd be strictly Allaince.

You mean krokul eredar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

broken female would not need new skeletons, or animations, as it would be an alied race, so you dont have me there.
    but it would need a new model and texture, aswell as hair style...

idk what your talking about "body" though
    what is a model to you
    and what is a body to you?

but no it would simply use the female draenei skeleton and animations like the male one does.
    A 'model' is the whole package of skeleton+body+hairstyle+animations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    A 'model' is the whole package of skeleton+body+hairstyle+animations.
    no the model is the shape, because you can have a 3d model of something without a skeleton or any animations.
    a model is the 3d model.

but again the broken female would just be the draenei female animations and skeleton. like how the broken male is the male draenei skeleton and animatons.

Crazy idea here...

...what if Zandalari Paladins are playable for Horde...

...and Alliance get Broken Paladins?

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Crazy idea here...

...what if Zandalari Paladins are playable for Horde...

...and Alliance get Broken Paladins?

Did you mean Broken Shamans because Broken can't connect with the lilght.