Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I have no idea. I think Horde, too.

I still think we'll have Kul Tirans paired with Draenor Orcs, in which case I don't know what would be the Alliance equivalent to Vulpera.
    The Alliance equivalent is a mystery. Wrathion being in the Alliance Embassy at one point, dragons being in the expansion but nowhere to be seen yet, and the dragonkin monsters from Cataclysm using a Worgen skeleton (like how Vulpera use an updated Goblin one) point towards Dragon people of some sort for Alliance, but that's not my original theory.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think the mechanical outline for the Allied Races is to continue using extant animations and skeletons to as large a degree as possible (at least for BFA) But Hazzikostas has specified that Allied Races are not Subraces.

So I submit to you, that Vulpera will represent the Goblin Skeleton while the Worgen Skeleton will be represented by the Sethrak. Neither race would be a "Subrace" of Worgen or Goblin while they would be able to utilize some of the same assets and mechanics.

I also think Vulpera are going to give us just a -bit- of insight into the new Goblin Model, specifically the fact that their ears and noses have been disconnected from being a part of the same customization entry.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I think the mechanical outline for the Allied Races is to continue using extant animations and skeletons to as large a degree as possible (at least for BFA) But Hazzikostas has specified that Allied Races are not Subraces.

So I submit to you, that Vulpera will represent the Goblin Skeleton while the Worgen Skeleton will be represented by the Sethrak. Neither race would be a "Subrace" of Worgen or Goblin while they would be able to utilize some of the same assets and mechanics.

I also think Vulpera are going to give us just a -bit- of insight into the new Goblin Model, specifically the fact that their ears and noses have been disconnected from being a part of the same customization entry.
    Sethrak aren't just Worgen, though.

Whereas Vulpera seem to pretty much Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Oh I agree. The smart money is Kul'tirans. But if we have two AU races, it ain't Draenei got Alliance...
    Did a little thinking. What if the Alliance looked towards the Botani to counter the Orcs? They'd be the ones with the closest knowledge of their warfare outside Draenei themselves. Only thing would essentially rule them out is no female counterpart currently.

Sethrak not only have a difficult model to accommodate armor, but don't have a visibly female model and I don't think have very detailed eyes/facial rigging. None of these are good signs for them being playable. In the case of Worgen, unique females were invented: old races with no females have a better chance than a new race with no females.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The Alliance equivalent is a mystery. Wrathion being in the Alliance Embassy at one point, dragons being in the expansion but nowhere to be seen yet, and the dragonkin monsters from Cataclysm using a Worgen skeleton (like how Vulpera use an updated Goblin one) point towards Dragon people of some sort for Alliance, but that's not my original theory.
    with worgens would be unfair give the alliance Drakonids

Btw, they have plenty of options, would be cool if they find a way to put sethrak

i member some old leak that said about allied races ( pretty much all correct except taunka) and the gift of "wyrm" aka draknoid was a neutral option, would be fine if green and blue dragonflight joined ally and black and red joined Horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Sethrak aren't just Worgen, though.

Whereas Vulpera seem to pretty much Goblin.
    No. They aren't. They use some Pandaren animations, it's true. But they're the only race we've seen introduced, new, that could fit the bill. As a new model utilizing the same structure it could represent the new model design's extension (The addition of variable length neck and tail) for increased use beyond basic Worgen PCs.

Also I really hope Worgen get tails, now. So let me have this dream!

I still think they are going to add Dark Irons and Draenor Orcs in pre patch and Zandalari and Kul Tirans in 8.1.

Idc what was said on Blizzcon or their official website, we still have not had any Dark Irons show up or any datamined hints of them in datamining in Kul Tiras questing.

From a matching standpoint, it makes far more sense to match Zandalari with another race for the Alliance from the new zones.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sethrak not only have a difficult model to accommodate armor, but don't have a visibly female model and I don't think have very detailed eyes/facial rigging. None of these are good signs for them being playable. In the case of Worgen, unique females were invented: old races with no females have a better chance than a new race with no females.
    Maybe? But I'm hoping the devs go with the Androgynous race build for the Sethrak and make the voice and maybe coloration/customization the only difference between male and female Sethrak.

It would be AWESOME.

Maybe? But I'm hoping the devs go with the Androgynous race build for the Sethrak and make the voice and maybe coloration/customization the only difference between male and female Sethrak.

It would be AWESOME.
    You and I know that, regardless of the year, every WoW race will be sexually dimorphic.

7+ Year Old Account
    well well, ima dreamer so i still waiting for ogres, such a waste to not add the Vrykuls of stormheim and the Ogres of Goria as allied race

It would be AWESOME.
    yeah it will never happen, sadly or not

5+ Year Old Account
    You and I know that, regardless of the year, every WoW race will be sexually dimorphic.
    Obviously.

But there are gradients of sexual dimorphism, it doesn't have to be as extreme as they've done, before.

Obviously.

But there are gradients of sexual dimorphism, it doesn't have to be as extreme as they've done, before.
    I agree that it would be nice, but look at Vulpera. They were clearly started as an NPC race, but somewhere along the line they decided they should become playable: they added customization, blinking detailed eyes and rigged them up with a bunch of the new goblin animations, but the entire time they had a clear man and a clear woman. Wouldn't they have included at least one slightly different Sethrak to flip the switch to playable? It's just not looking good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously.

I don't see the obession with not wanting sexual dimorphism.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing on how people want female Sethrak why not this for them?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anybody too playing the new Zuldazar zone at all in Battle for Azeroth?
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    That Hearthstone art did make me think we might be getting Saurok for a little, but I have a feeling that that concept may have evolved into Dragons as they seem more fitting for Alliance than Saurok.

Like the Dragon people will look VERY similiar to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't see the obession with not wanting sexual dimorphism.
    The question is more, what sexual dimorphism would make actual sense for snake people? Only things I can see are model size, voice (if only because we're used to that) and maybe coloration. Beyond that it would be external factors, like accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anybody too playing the new Zuldazar zone at all in Battle for Azeroth?
    Cause that's a saurok female...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    The question is more, what sexual dimorphism would make actual sense for snake people? Only things I can see are model size, voice (if only because we're used to that) and maybe coloration. Beyond that it would be external factors, like accessories.
    Boobs. If Blizzard can't put boobs on a model to make a female, it isn't happening. Sex sells.

Female Sauroks with feminine faces and breasts didn't exist before Hearthstone, which tipped me off that something may have been happening with them behind the scenes.

10+ Year Old Account

Hopefullly Blizzard can make the female Sethrak more snake like, but still keep the humanoid feel...
    For the Horde!