Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Small? It's not small at all. And as seen in the OP you can go to jail even if you can't afford to pay and and can't work.

Yes it does. If you lose 20% of your salary due to child support you're not being paid for 20% of the hours you work.
    Maybe you should think about that, before you decide to have a child.

Small? It's not small at all. And as seen in the OP you can go to jail even if you can't afford to pay and and can't work.
    He went to jail because he made $2 million dollars while cheaping out on tiny amounts of child support. The court reduced his responsibility to a paltry $14/month when he told them he couldn't work. If anything, he lied to the court as well, and should face perjury charges.

In 1989, he was ordered to pay $100 a month for his four children, but told the court he was unemployed and medically unable to work, so the payments were reduced to $14 a month.

But in 1996, the U.S. court learned Stroup had been operating a successful internet business, which he sold for more than $2 million US. The child support order was then modified, but he continued to fail to pay and an arrest warrant was issued in 1998.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Nice try buddy but over here we respect the rule of law. Don`t try to hide from justice in Canada.
    Save it sport. He hid among you for 20 years, its clear it was by pure accident that he was found. Where the fuck do you think people that dodged the draft went? Canada.... Where do you think criminals in the US flee to? Canada and Mexico.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2018-02-23 at 01:37 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Yes, small.

Yes it does. If you lose 20% of your salary due to child support you're not being paid for 20% of the hours you work.
    What kind of logic is that? So I'm not being paid for a large amount of the work I do because large amounts of what I get paid goes to paying for living costs? Only surplus money is pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    We should introduce Pate here to the guy who made the second quote in your sig. I feel the world would gain so much from those two great minds meeting.
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    He went to jail because he made $2 million dollars while cheaping out on tiny amounts of child support.

In 1989, he was ordered to pay $100 a month for his four children, but told the court he was unemployed and medically unable to work, so the payments were reduced to $14 a month.

But in 1996, the U.S. court learned Stroup had been operating a successful internet business, which he sold for more than $2 million US. The child support order was then modified, but he continued to fail to pay and an arrest warrant was issued in 1998.
    Yes, the state asked him to pay even though he had no income. What happens if you don't pay? Jail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yes, small.

What kind of logic is that? So I'm not being paid for a large amount of the work I do because large amounts of what I get paid goes to paying for living costs? Only surplus money is pay?
    That's YOUR living costs. You're working for YOU. Your work, your money.

Not the same situation.

Yes, the state asked him to pay even though he had no income. What happens if you don't pay? Jail.
    The arrest warrant came after the court learned he had made $2 million dollars while STILL cheaping out on $14/month.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the same situation.
    Why do you keep arguing that people should not be responsible for the consequences of their actions?

Not the same situation.
    A child of yours is your responsibility to provide for as well though.

A child of yours is your responsibility to provide for as well though.
    How so? How am I more of a father than a sperm donor? In both cases you talk it out and agree you don't want kids.

How so? How am I more of a father than a sperm donor? In both cases you talk it out and agree you don't want kids.
    I mean, if you don't know the difference between a sperm donor and being out there having sex with a woman... What can I say?

A sperm donor signs a contract saying he will have no parental rights and responsibilities.

maybe you should sign a contract before you donate sperm the old fashioned way.

I mean, if you don't know the difference between a sperm donor and being out there having sex with a woman... What can I say?
    I know it, I'm just letting you show your true colors. You want to punish men for having sex.

Which brings us to how abnormal it is that women can control men's sexuality.

I'm amused by how disingenuous Pate has been. He whined about how a man was arrested for not paying child support, even while unemployed and unable to work, yet the story he was quoting CLEARLY states that the court reduced his responsibility to a mere $14 a month after pleading his case, and that the arrest warrant was only issued after he BOTH failed to pay $14/month and had made $2,000,000 dollars off his internet business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post

Nice try buddy but over here we respect the rule of law. Don`t try to hide from justice in Canada.
    thought in last thread you said you lived in the uk? Must be great being anonymous that you lie about your identity to other forum posters.
    #boycottchina

I know it, I'm just letting you show your true colors. You want to punish men for having sex.

You literally supported the poisoning of a woman for having sex with a man...

Why do you keep arguing against being personally responsible for the consequences of your actions?

I don't think women should have sex either unless they're ready for the chance that they might become pregnant. So tell me again how I want to punish men for having sex and control men's sexuality.

I don't think women should have sex either unless they're ready for the chance that they might become pregnant. So tell me again how I want to punish men for having sex.
    That's all fine and dandy until you realise abortion is legal and one gender can peace out of parenthood while the other gets to experience 18 years of slavery.

That's all fine and dandy until you realise abortion is legal and one gender can peace out of parenthood while the other gets to experience 18 years of slavery.
    Abortion isn't legal in my home country.

Abortion isn't legal in my home country.

And do you think it should stay that way?

And do you think it should stay that way?
    Obviously.