Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    So you're saying 10 keys are as irrelevant as leveling? That's not elitist at all, you need to get to a certain gear level before you can do 18 keys, kinda hard to get there if your class is inherently bad at low keys and noone will take you, it's not like leveling where you can progress on your own after all.. 10 keys might be far beneath your superior skills, but it's still group content without matchmaking..
    But what you are saying is not inline with what he is saying at all. He said affli is bad at low levels because things die too fast for DoTs to be effective. If things dying too fast before you can even put a single SoC on them, this means your group is already way out geared for the content you currently doing. Which also means you are either getting boosted or you have over geared ppl in your group that just mowing down things for you anyway.

This has nothing to do with being an elitist or whatever. I don't know how you reach to that conclusion. When you are in a group with equally geared ppl with the appropriate m+ level, things won't be dying too fast therefore your dots will be doing their job. You can't blame the spec if you are doing +5s with 960 ilvled ppl and complain that things dying too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    But what you are saying is not inline with what he is saying at all. He said affli is bad at low levels because things die too fast for DoTs to be effective. If things dying too fast before you can even put a single SoC on them, this means your group is already way out geared for the content you currently doing. Which also means you are either getting boosted or you have over geared ppl in your group that just mowing down things for you anyway.

This has nothing to do with being an elitist or whatever. I don't know how you reach to that conclusion. When you are in a group with equally geared ppl with the appropriate m+ level, things won't be dying too fast therefore your dots will be doing their job. You can't blame the spec if you are doing +5s with 960 ilvled ppl and complain that things dying too fast.
    Fine, I focussed toomuch on

Who cares if its low in mythic 10 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    as a professional warlock player who plays warlock since vanilla alpha.. as long as they get closer to WoD warlock they're doing a good job.
    I know this is off topic but how does one become a professional warlock? Who do you work for? Would love to get paid some money doing something I already do for fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    That vid shows 30sec cooldown (seen it before)...
    Ah, sorry, should've explained that you should listen to what he SAYS. He explains the talent: "...and you get a half-time reduction of felstorm, so you can do it twice. So instead of a minute its 30 seconds."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Something to remember is that we wont be tied down to specific specs like in legion meaning itll be ok if spec A is bad at X because we can always swap to the spec B like we did in every other xpac.
    aye, which is nice, but we also need the right gear to play those specs optimally which isnt always possible to get atleast not for progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Balance is a bit of an outlier though, as the vast majority of artifact abilities were anything from 30secs to 1.5mins in cooldown and were generally designed as a throughput CD to increase dmg for a period of time, provide on demand burst or generate resources.

Balance is the only one I can think of that was a legitimate rotational skill, as in used every few secs similar to say Elemental blast for Shamans. Its a button you would definitely miss as a Balance when just performing your rotations. While Spriest isn't suddenly broken without Void Torrent, it was used to prolong Void Form uptime and they are moving Spriest away from ~90% uptime in BfA anyway so they don't need a baseline Torrent and shouldn't miss a button thats only pressed every 60secs.

For warlock, destro's rifts were pretty close to balance's Moon spells in terms of frequency of use and function. They helped with resource generation, fleshed out your rotational buttons and were nice for movement but I won't miss Affliction's/Demo's artifact ability in the slightest.
    Honestly for demo I would prefer them not be balanced around their artifact ability. It always sucked when you are trying to get a big herd out to really blast with it and then have something screw up the timing and lose some imp packs or fell hounds. I loved the skulls randomly jumping in and yelling on its own but the active ability I would prefer just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    aye, which is nice, but we also need the right gear to play those specs optimally which isnt always possible to get atleast not for progression.
    That has yet to be seen.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by symen55 View Post
    Ah, sorry, should've explained that you should listen to what he SAYS. He explains the talent: "...and you get a half-time reduction of felstorm, so you can do it twice. So instead of a minute its 30 seconds."
    He, or someone in another vid showed that the talent did nothing (by removing the talent choice) and it was 30sec by default.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    as a professional warlock player who plays warlock since vanilla alpha.. as long as they get closer to WoD warlock they're doing a good job.
    Any "professional warlock" knows that MOP was the classes best recorded iteration

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Any "professional warlock" knows that MOP was the classes best recorded iteration
    For everyone really.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    Hrm... Guess we'll just have to wait and see what blizz chooses to make in once beta hits

The "Firebolt deals more damage to Immolated targets" passive seems to be missing from Wowhead's talent calculator, and their build notes for today include the Affliction variant for the felhunter also being removed. Is this a thing? Could it mean the return of parity between imp/felhunter/succubus?

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    The "Firebolt deals more damage to Immolated targets" passive seems to be missing from Wowhead's talent calculator, and their build notes for today include the Affliction variant for the felhunter also being removed. Is this a thing? Could it mean the return of parity between imp/felhunter/succubus?
    Yeah those are gone, gosac gives abilities again.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Nightfall maybe being replaced? Disparities between mmoc and wowhead about this.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    If secondary stats are kept the same as legion, then they will be close enough that you won't lose much swapping specs. Almost every spec in the game has pretty close secondary stats, barring like shadow priest. Assuming that swapping specs was a significant gain in the first place, it would still be worth doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post

Nightfall maybe being replaced? Disparities between mmoc and wowhead about this.
    Maybe turning into baseline? it's a perfect talent to add some spice into any affliction rotation .

Nightfall was repeated, it was 2 times in the same round. Now they have removed 1.

Interesting changes to Demon, but still WiP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Nightfall was repeated, it was 2 times in the same round. Now they have removed 1.

Interesting changes to Demon, but still WiP.
    Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification.

Is the infernal gone in BfA?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    Is the infernal gone in BfA?
    It is a destruction pet only. http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=1122/summon-infernal
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."