Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Second Alliance Allied Race

So we can basically infer the next batch of allied races to be announced will be...

1. Draenor Orcs
    2. Vulpera
    3. Kul Tiran (Bulky) Human
    4. ???

Sethrak have been brought up as a candidate, but the Horde will apparently work with a rebel group to bring down the sethrak Emperor. Tortollans have also been proposed as a candidate but they seem to also live on Zandalar and work with the Horde to commune with Torga, a turtle loa. Thin humans are also a proposed candidate, but that would be extreme human overkill.

So based on what we know, my prediction is the Alliance will either get broken or quilboar.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-02-23 at 04:41 AM.

Fingers are crossed for Vykrul.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're currently sticking with races present on Kul Tiras and Zandalar, I'd still consider Sethrak as a possibility, simply because their NPC model quality is rather good in regards to animations and details. Still, that's more of a hope on my part than a confident prediction.

1. Draenor Orcs: Confirmed Horde from their datamined voice-over text.

2. Primarily Horde territory friends. And other difficulties.

3. Kul Tiran Humans. Yes. Definitely. There's no way Horde gets more orcs without Alliance getting more Humans, in the Orcs vs Humans expansion. Package deal.

4. Sethrak. To join the Alliance you have to be pretty or share the same faith. These guys to neither. And them eating Vulpera as sentient lifestock is a disqualifier even to the Horde. They look cool, and animate awesome. But the culture, armor rigging, and lack of gendered forms, makes this a hard no.

5. Quillboar. Already getting a new model in 8.0. One not having any features useful for player models.

The one race currently suspiciously missing updates for me is Gnoll. I could see these joining the Horde in the future. They're smart enough to forge with steel, look good in spikes, have shown ability to work with other races, and 75 years ago almost brought Stormwind to its knees.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2018-02-23 at 04:21 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have t really kept up with certain parts of the alpha, but are those tree people at all possible? The Drust I think?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    There is pretty much zero chance that they are going to add large different humans and then add slightly larger, less different humans as an additional allied race. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it will be Dragonmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    I have t really kept up with certain parts of the alpha, but are those tree people at all possible? The Drust I think?
    they hate the kul tirans with a passion.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If Horde are getting Orcs from Draenor, maybe Alliance can get the Arrakoa they've been asking for.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My heart wants to say Tortollan. My head wants to say "I have no freaking clue."

Two races I can rule out right away, though? Sethrak, due to their heads, and Skinny Human, because we already have Kul'tirans and they don't have a female model.

Honestly if we're going off the idea of two races with similar "basis," like how we got "continent host" (Zandalari/Kul'tiran) and "reskin of vanilla race" (DID/Mag'har) then the obvious Alliance companion to Vulpera should be a Kul'tiran species, or perhaps Zandalari species. Problem is, there's no good option:

Kul'tiran - Already confirmed.
    Quilboar - No female model.
    Tortollan - No female model.
    Drust - A, they're extinct. B, the spirits left behind don't seem to like anyone very much.
    Vulpera - Goes Horde in this scenario.
    Zandalari - Going Horde
    Blood Troll - Seem pretty straight evil.
    Sethrak - No female model, and I still doubt Blizz wants to deal with their neck animations on a player.

Call this a crazy dark horse, but I can't not think of Naga and Highborne. Players have asked for it for years, like almost (ignoring Kul'tiran and Lightforged) every other Allied Race. They'd also be left leaderless by late BFA, since we're killing Azshara in the first tier (second raid). They'd have ties to Kul'tiras' story since the Kul'tirans are monster hunters (meaning they've likely clashed with the Naga and, more directly, their various Kraken and Sea Giants over the years). They also have male and female models, and animations they can inherit (from their NPC selves). It'd also help drive a wedge between the Nightborne and the Alliance, since nobody really thinks Tyrande was THAT big of a deal.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The one race currently suspiciously missing updates for me is Gnoll. I could see these joining the Horde in the future. They're smart enough to forge with steel, look good in spikes, have shown ability to work with other races, and 75 years ago almost brought Stormwind to its knees.
    Forest just setback!
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    Same. Vrykul are my premo choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer
    Minor correction, but quilboar do have a female model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Minor correction, but quilboar do have a female model.
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/697647.jpg[/img]
    Well then, put them on the contender list! Though they still lack customization, not that Blizz couldn't remake them and import their animations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    they hate the kul tirans with a passion.
    rip tree people hopes and dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    My heart wants to say Tortollan. My head wants to say "I have no freaking clue."

Two races I can rule out right away, though? Sethrak, due to their heads, and Skinny Human, because we already have Kul'tirans and they don't have a female model.

Honestly if we're going off the idea of two races with similar "basis," like how we got "continent host" (Zandalari/Kul'tiran) and "reskin of vanilla race" (DID/Mag'har) then the obvious Alliance companion to Vulpera should be a Kul'tiran species, or perhaps Zandalari species. Problem is, there's no good option:

Kul'tiran - Already confirmed.
    Tortollan - No female model.
    Drust - A, they're extinct. B, the spirits left behind don't seem to like anyone very much.
    Vulpera - Goes Horde in this scenario.
    Zandalari - Going Horde
    Blood Troll - Seem pretty straight evil.
    Sethrak - No female model, and I still doubt Blizz wants to deal with their neck animations on a player.

Call this a crazy dark horse, but I can't not think of Naga and Highborne. Players have asked for it for years, like almost (ignoring Kul'tiran and Lightforged) every other Allied Race. They'd also be left leaderless by late BFA, since we're killing Azshara in the first tier (second raid). They'd have ties to Kul'tiras' story since the Kul'tirans are monster hunters (meaning they've likely clashed with the Naga and, more directly, their various Kraken and Sea Giants over the years). They also have male and female models, and animations they can inherit (from their NPC selves). It'd also help drive a wedge between the Nightborne and the Alliance, since nobody really thinks Tyrande was THAT big of a deal.
    As much as i want nagas.

Blizzard said that all Two legged were considered.

Which means no Naga.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    As much as i want nagas.

Blizzard said that all Two legged were considered.

Which means no Naga.
    Well it seems everything is lining up for Quilboar on Alliance. :P

Honestly we've run into the problem that I always run into with coming up with just two races. There's nothing left that fits the Alliance. Everything left is some savage beast tribe.

So based on what we know, my prediction is the Alliance will either get broken or quilboar.
    Alliance might get krokul later on down the line, but I doubt it would be any time soon, considering they just got Lightforged draenei and I can't imagine they'd get two draenei-centric allied races back to back.

And the Alliance has tried diplomacy with quilboar before. It didn't go very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Alliance might get krokul later on down the line, but I doubt it would be any time soon, considering they just got Lightforged draenei and I can't imagine they'd get two draenei-centric allied races back to back.

And the Alliance has tried diplomacy with quilboar before. It didn't go very well.
    I could see Krokul, honestly. The only thing is do we know if the way to Argus is still open? I assumed it was closed and if we want to get back there we'd have to take the slow route.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well it seems everything is lining up for Quilboar on Alliance. :P

Honestly we've run into the problem that I always run into with coming up with just two races. There's nothing left that fits the Alliance. Everything left is some savage beast tribe.
    With the Void elfs joining, anything can join the Alliance under the "noble intentions" notion.

i would really like that they re-introduce the Jinyu to the Alliance or come up with some new race.

But by the looks of the Alpha, we will be getting 2 human models and thats it.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2018-02-23 at 04:57 AM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

So we can basically infer the next batch of allied races to be announced will be...

1. Draenor Orcs
    2. Vulpera
    3. Kul Tiran (Bulky) Human
    4. ???

Sethrak have been brought up as a candidate, but the Horde will apparently work with a rebel group to bring down the sethrak Emperor. Tortollans have also been proposed as a candidate but they seem to also live on Zandalar and work with the Horde to commune with Torga, a turtle loa. Thin humans are also a proposed candidate, but that would be extreme human overkill.

They already said Vulpera will NOT be allied races. Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.