Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The "I Know How To Fix WoW" Thread

NOTE: Plz don't reply with "stop trying to change world of warcraft", "go play another game" and "WoW doesnt need fixing"
    It's supposed to be a fun thread. It's a MEME that everyone knows how to "fix" how

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pretend you know how to "fix" (it doesnt need fixing, i know) World of Warcraft. What would you do?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My shitty ideas:
    I would start by implementing systems that would make actual players famous on the server. How? I have very little ideas but let me try.

1) With extremely hard to level up and actually useful professions.
    The "hard workers" would be famous on the server because they would be the only ones with the leveled professions.
    2) Guilds conquering Villages/Cities
    How could this work? Basically the village/city exists in the "real world" but the "conquering" would be done "instanced".
    The first guild able to complete the "scenario" would have the village/city for themselves for 3 days.
    The "conquering" would start at a certain server hour and it would be a race...like a Mythic + dungeon.
    The first guild to finish gets it.
    3) World PvP Karma System
    Basically every "player killer" would have a price on his head. The bigger the price the more famous he gets on the server.

Those are my ideas to make players famous and develop a name for themselves on the server.
    Possibly also having "ranking" systems.

Another RPG idea would be to make Factions and Reputations more meaningful.
    Like, nowadays we get a reputation but we dont feel immersed on the actual faction.
    A faction could have "everything" you need to live in their headquarters.
    Dailies, Auction House, Vendors etc
    Instead of having one major city hub everyone would be in their favorite Faction HQ.

So for me who just want to raid, you want to make it harder for me to play the game and give me more reasons to quit?<

Nice.

Personally MY way to fix WOW would be to stop the ridiculous catching up mechanics, which also include adding new levels every expansion.. and stop doing complete changes of class rotations, and just release CONTENT patches... I really don't get why I have to level my toons every 2 years, but I also know the whole point of that is a catch-up mechanic for those who don't raid so everybody starts with the same gear and power after leveling.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2018-02-22 at 04:20 PM.

If i could do anything i would make more solo content for player.
    raid level gear quest like your cape quest in panda land.

As this is a meme thread, here we go:

1. Remove lfr, or let it have crappy gear like WoD lfr.

2. The return of legendary quest lines (like ring/cloak) while excluding lfr-only players. We somehow need to give then an incentive to step up a little bit.

3. Merge bonusrolls with the bi-weekly raid quests. Once a week, you can go to an npc, select the loot table of a raidboss and have a roll. You will always get an item, but not necessarily the one you need. Item quality is determined by boss kills in the respective difficulty. Also, you can not for example choose argus mythic, if you haven't killed him on mythic yet.

4. Is already happening: no more forced world pvp.

5. Voidelves and vulpera for the horde.

6. Delete swapblasters from the game files.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post

2. The return of legendary quest lines (like ring/cloak) while excluding lfr-only players. We somehow need to give then an incentive to step up a little bit.

3. Merge bonusrolls with the bi-weekly raid quests. Once a week, you can go to an npc, select the loot table of a raidboss and have a roll. You will always get an item, but not necessarily the one you need. Item quality is determined by boss kills in the respective difficulty. Also, you can not for example choose argus mythic, if you haven't killed him on mythic yet.

4. Is already happening: no more forced world pvp.

5. Voidelves and vulpera for the horde.

6. Delete swapblasters from the game files.
    I love how you went from removing LFR/nerfing drops to yourself getting a literal hand out from a NPC every week LMAO

On topic I would fix leveling by giving players the choice to power level by either some alternate means rather than the boring ass questing or waste of time dungeons, possibly just a massive increase to heirloom xp. It would be interesting to split queue's of leveling dungeons, one is current patch and the other is pre-7.3.5. Guess which queue would have 5 hour long wait times LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I love how you went from removing LFR/nerfing drops to yourself getting a literal hand out from a NPC every week LMAO

On topic I would fix leveling by giving players the choice to power level by either some alternate means rather than the boring ass questing or waste of time dungeons, possibly just a massive increase to heirloom xp. It would be interesting to split queue's of leveling dungeons, one is current patch and the other is pre-7.3.5. Guess which queue would have 5 hour long wait times LOL.
    Well, that's still better than getting frustrated by 8 failed bonus rolls in a row and then getting 1 shit item.

Since we are talking about bonus rolls, they really should start selling them at the shop.

3 seals for $15.

- - - Updated - - -

I think both factions should have all races available to them.

I've suggested this before but purists and lords of lores hate this.

Would love to see gnome horde or troll alliance, for example.

Duct tape. Lots of it. People always complain blizzard doesn't release patches often enough, and nothing makes for a quicker patch than that.

Choose one particular group of players and balance the content towards their particular preference of open-world/raiding/small-groups/PvE/PvP/hardcore/casual/etc. Odds on the vast majority of players would dislike the changes but for the group who are being catered to specifically it would objectively be a better experience than the current system of trying to please everyone.

I'm not saying it would be the best move, Blizzard are probably best making the game that lots of people like rather than just a few love. And of course there's always the chance that the current balance of preferences has enough people loving it that change would be unneccesary.

TL~DR fixing WoW would most likely alienate a lot of players, and it possibly doesn't need fixing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's really any fixing WoW.

There are a couple of things though that might help:

First is that I wish they would really start to pay attention to stories and lore in the game because I think that's more likely to keep people around than changing up classes again or any of the other things that people say. The world needs to be important again. The whole world. We need to be world travelers and there needs to be a deeper sense that we are a part of that world and that we live in it.

Second is to re-establish guilds as the basic social unit and make it easier for folks to group together in any way they wish. The entire one-guild-at-a-time system was archaic years ago and desperately needs to be scrapped in an era where social movement is rapid and people express multiple interests in their online social life. PVP, Raiding, Social, Fun, Old Folks, whatever...people should want to group together to play with one another and make friends. I don't see any other way of doing that other than guilds, clubs, or whatever you want to call them. Let guilds classify themselves as one type or another and allow people to join more than one.

The game is really old. Remaking classes and adding on customization stuff only goes so far. The combat engine is fine. The artwork is good, the music is usually quite good to great. If they've really fallen down anywhere it's in keeping the world coherent.

It doesn't need to be more difficult and stuff like taking over cities, towns, etc. isn't going to fix anything because it's just something that people will do for a bit and then it becomes like everything else.

Humans like stories. They like even more to participate in stories. When stories are assigned to the back burner of the game there's only so much repetition of things that people generally will tolerate.

To my mind, this is where Blizzard has singularly failed with WoW.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Second is to re-establish guilds as the basic social unit and make it easier for folks to group together in any way they wish. The entire one-guild-at-a-time system was archaic years ago and desperately needs to be scrapped in an era where social movement is rapid and people express multiple interests in their online social life. PVP, Raiding, Social, Fun, Old Folks, whatever...people should want to group together to play with one another and make friends. I don't see any other way of doing that other than guilds, clubs, or whatever you want to call them. Let guilds classify themselves as one type or another and allow people to join more than one.
    Hopefully the community thing they are bringing in will sort this thing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Choose one particular group of players and balance the content towards their particular preference of open-world/raiding/small-groups/PvE/PvP/hardcore/casual/etc. Odds on the vast majority of players would dislike the changes but for the group who are being catered to specifically it would objectively be a better experience than the current system of trying to please everyone.

I'm not saying it would be the best move, Blizzard are probably best making the game that lots of people like rather than just a few love. And of course there's always the chance that the current balance of preferences has enough people loving it that change would be unneccesary.

TL~DR fixing WoW would most likely alienate a lot of players, and it possibly doesn't need fixing.
    You can cater to multiple groups of players games like league were doing it until season 5.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    You can cater to multiple groups of players games like league were doing it until season 5.
    You mean League of Legends?

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post

So your proposal to making the game better is by removing content from other players?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I want to expand on this.... do this. Then:

1) Merge smaller servers either really or via CRZ so there's reasonable pop on all of them and THEN:

2) Remove LFD and LFR as they are and make them server only.

Prior to LFD in 3.3 you ran group content with people you knew, people from your guild or people on your server via /trade etc. LFD killed that and LFR made the problem worse. There's no reason to be in a guild now unless you want to push mythic raiding or something.

At the same time, LFD/R solve real problems - if you didn't have an active guild and were on a low pop server or you played at off peak hours it was really hard to get a group together. I didn't have that issue but people did and it was bad for them.

The problem with LFD was that it started off battlegroup-wide so you went from grouping with people who you might see in the cities etc to people whom you'd never see again. That hurt community, hurt guilds and made people feel they could just as well play solo... because they could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Hopefully the community thing they are bringing in will sort this thing out.
    I'm skeptical (a bit). It didn't work at all in D3 after a few months. We'll see. Details will matter. If it's little more than an unstructured corral then I don't think it will approach a 'solve'. It's hard to know since everything associated with D3 historically has been so fraught with disappointment in the game.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You mean League of Legends?
    Yes /10char
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

1 - I know it might be too late at this point and would require a ton of reworking on a lot of different things, but removing x-realm stuff to make the servers actually communitites would be the first and best step they could ever make.

2 - Give players a plethora of ways to get gear, all from raiding to pvping to world questing to crafting, and let it be used everywhere. Let people play the way they want.

3 - Stop putting so much effort into balancing 36 specs perfectly and give us more fun abilities.

4 - Already happening, but make classes more distinct. If I play a druid I want to be a jack of all trades who is useful in a lot of areas without mastering any. I don't want to be four other classes with the only difference being the colors of my spells and abilities.

Give players more challenging content that doesn't depend on a giant raid a few times a week. Mythic+ was a great start, but other than that, I like a challenge on a more personal level.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Yes /10char
    Well that game doesn't cater to nearly as broad a range of players as WoW. No leveling experience, no small scale group PvE, no large scale group PvE, no open world end-game content, no large scale group PvP, no rep grinds, no professions, no story...

Essentially to cater to as many play styles as LoL WoW could strip out everything except arenas and concentrate on small-scale, short-handed PvP only.