Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ask the human paladins
    Yeah, but these are Zandalari. They have castes and tests for casteless children to assign them to their lot in life.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Yeah, but these are Zandalari. They have castes and tests for casteless children to assign them to their lot in life.
    That went right over your head
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskeh View Post
    From the Zuldazar alpha. Prelates, with seal of the loa, and lore behind Zandalari Paladins.

Tuskeh, you're a hero. I guess this proves it. No more "Zandalari can't be Paladins" arguments can be relevant.

Now the only discussion is: Will they be playable?

I believe that the player character will be one who fits their criteria from birth. I honestly couldn't see Blizzard putting this in the game only to tease us.

Thank you to everyone who stood by our reasoning and the lore behind Zandalari Paladins. I'm glad to see Blizzard acknowledges their own lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey303 View Post
    Thank you to everyone who stood by our reasoning and the lore behind Zandalari Paladins. I'm glad to see Blizzard acknowledges their own lore.
    Indeed, good sir. Let us only have faith that they're playable.

Where are all the naysayers now? It's seems they've... vacated.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Indeed, good sir. Let us only have faith that they're playable.

Where are all the naysayers now? It's seems they've... vacated.
    Well, when there is definite proof of being wrong, it's hard to say anything else.

I personally think the no openings line is more referring to the fact that they wouldn't train anyone, such as the other races (like Darkspear) or even other Zandalari classes. I don't think it has much of an impact towards them being playable.

Oh my GOSH! This is so awesome! Please give us a confirm on this combo already, Blizz! I had lost all hope, don't let me down on this twice.

That went right over your head
    It was an opportunity to deliver some trivia. Apparently another Zandalar NPC mentions that about them testing children to see if they're blessed by the loa, who they raise as Priests, or giving them the opportunity to prove themselves as Warriors if they aren't.

These Prelates appear to be children who passed both tests.

Rogues, on the other hand, seem likely derived from children who fail both and become either thieves or beggars.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-02-23 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey303 View Post
    Well, when there is definite proof of being wrong, it's hard to say anything else.

I personally think the no openings line is more referring to the fact that they wouldn't train anyone, such as the other races (like Darkspear) or even other Zandalari classes. I don't think it has much of an impact towards them being playable.

Me neither, but we have to resign ourselves to the possibility of it meaning something else.

They really need to hurry up and announce this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Artoria View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you about shamans -> mages but this is actually the most retarded counter argument I've ever heard lmao.

Are you really comparing a MAGE using arcane powers to summon and use the elements being similar to a shaman to.. a Warrior who has NOTHING to do with any kind of magic being similar to a paladin who fights by infusing his attacks with the light.
    I was more of jokingly comparing because of how stupid of an argument this whole thing is
    how they say "Well this dude has 3 spells that say light in them, paladins confirmed"
    but then when 4 mobs have 3 literal shaman spells+1 maybe shaman spell they say "well thats false, thats not real"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I was more of jokingly comparing because of how stupid of an argument this whole thing is
    how they say "Well this dude has 3 spells that say light in them, paladins confirmed"
    but then when 4 mobs have 3 literal shaman spells+1 maybe shaman spell they say "well thats false, thats not real"
    Which Dark Irons are you referring to? I find these things generally can be judged on a flavor lore basis. Mages have been using lightning since Warcraft 2, after all.

However, Dark Irons have literally been dealing with direct representatives of the Elements for years now. I'd expect them to have learned something.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Which Dark Irons are you referring to? I find these things generally can be judged on a flavor lore basis. Mages have been using lightning since Warcraft 2, after all.

However, Dark Irons have literally been dealing with direct representatives of the Elements for years now. I'd expect them to have learned something.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9319/houn...bmar#abilities
    bloodlust
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=8983/gole...mach#abilities
    chain lightning, lightning shield, shock
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9019/empe...ssan#abilities
    avatar of flame (Not exact but shamans do have a spell like this introduced in cata ascendant of flame)
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9437/dark...falk#abilities
    shock, lightning bolt

Big news everyone. Does this mean we might be seeing Paladin after all for Zandalari? I hope we can move away from the more Alliance/Human themed paladin armor sets if so, like these guys are wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Killeyedascope View Post

Big news everyone. Does this mean we might be seeing Paladin after all for Zandalari? I hope we can move away from the more Alliance/Human themed paladin armor sets if so, like these guys are wearing.
    some text by talking to one of them says they are not taking in new recruits

it's a middle finger from blizzard basically, they are an elite task force, not common

some text by talking to one of them says they are not taking in new recruits

it's a middle finger from blizzard basiclly

Wonder where all those idiots claiming these didn't exist are now....

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post

I don't think they claimed they didn't exist but they claimed that we would never get to play them

I don't think they claimed they didn't exist but they claimed that we would never get to play them
    Wrong. They definitely said they didn't exist/one npc isn't indication of Zandalari being able to be Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post

Damn. Shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. Oh well. Not that I would necessarily make a Zandalari Paladin but as a general rule I would like to see more diversity in gear/art and we may have moved away from the typical themes of paladin gear for a "tier" or two. Tauren need some Paladin plate love too!

"We do not have any openings." really has no bearing on whether they become playable or not.

Like i said Ion has an agenda
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    "We do not have any openings." really has no bearing on whether they become playable or not.
    I mean, isn't the point of Allied races is they inherently "aren't" common? That's another lore justification for why they are an allied race instead of a full fledged race?