Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    all clans*

thats because the alliance embassy was a copy paste from one of the structures of the garrison in WoD who had this map
    uhhh is it? can you show me the building that is the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Stop being ignorant people. The jokes imply that the orc dyed their hair green after the events of Hellfire. And Blackhand was Warchief of the Horde/Orcs in W3 not Grom.
    Warchief = leader of all the clans. Chieftain = leader of one clan. Grom was the chieftain of the Warsong clan in both timelines. Also Blackhand was warchief until near the end of WC1. Doomhammer was Warchief for all of WC2 and part of WC3. You need a redshirtguy fact checker. Guess that's me for now.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Am I missing something? Everyone is freaking out that these are AU Orcs when the last few days on the front page has been Mag'Har data mined info.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    He is not joining, he is allying with. The mag'har orcs still adress him as Warchief. If you think he will bow down to Sylvanas you got something coming.
    The AU Draenor Orcs are not technically Mag'har. Mag'har means "uncorrupted". This was used for MU brown orcs who weren't corrupted by the Legion (they lived in Garadar). Things happened differently in the AU and Garadar doesn't even exist, and since most AU Orcs weren't Legion corrupted to begin with, it's not likely that they would use the Mag'har term there. I mean it's possible in an in spite of a nail sort of way but still.

Now to play devil's advocate. AU Grom was never really a "bad guy" in the conventional sense. The story wasn't told very well, I'll give it that - there were chapters missing from it since WOD was cancelled about 1/3 of the way through. He was misled, and manipulated. Garrosh showed up there, and showed him "evidence", backed up by one of his shaman, that Azeroth was a Legion world and that we were coming to enslave them. He manipulated this by showing Legion activity on Azeroth from the Vision of Time, but killing the shaman before he could show Grom the part where Thrall freed the Orcs. What would you expect Grom to do when we showed up? The Draenei look just like the Eredar of the Legion (which Grom also saw from the Vision of Time), so it makes sense that he would be very distrustful of them too. I mean, yes, that was all wrong, but how was Grom supposed to know that? All he wanted was to prevent his people from being slaves, and while his methods were wrong, he acted on the only information he had.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Hardly. Grom conquered most of Draenor and he did so without having to sell his Horde to the demons. Of course he lost to Azeroth, we have more plot armor than a TV show's main char.
    To be honest he had Tanaan, most of Nagrand, and a bit of Frostfire thanks to the Thunderlord Clan. His attacks into Frostfire and Shadowmoon were routed, and as soon as he conquered Shattrath the Shadow Council attacked and kicked him out. Despite being the primary villain he actually had very little coverage of the land. Unlike in BC and Wrath where you could hardly move 10 steps without running into Illidari/Legion/Scourge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    Oh and BTW who is betting that Saurfang uses SW to port to AU Draenor and then uses his name to rally the AU Orcs to Azeroth?
    Not sure how that would work. Saurfang gained notoriety by being a veteran of the First, Second, and Third Wars. Which didn't happen yet in the AU world. It would be like throwing around the name of a famous general who served in both WWI and WWII... in 1910.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    The AU Draenor Orcs are not technically Mag'har. Mag'har means "uncorrupted". This was used for MU brown orcs who weren't corrupted by the Legion (they lived in Garadar). Things happened differently in the AU and Garadar doesn't even exist, and since most AU Orcs weren't Legion corrupted to begin with, it's not likely that they would use the Mag'har term there. I mean it's possible in an in spite of a nail sort of way but still.

Now to play devil's advocate. AU Grom was never really a "bad guy" in the conventional sense. The story wasn't told very well, I'll give it that - there were chapters missing from it since WOD was cancelled about 1/3 of the way through. He was misled, and manipulated. Garrosh showed up there, and showed him "evidence", backed up by one of his shaman, that Azeroth was a Legion world and that we were coming to enslave them. He manipulated this by showing Legion activity on Azeroth from the Vision of Time, but killing the shaman before he could show Grom the part where Thrall freed the Orcs. What would you expect Grom to do when we showed up? The Draenei look just like the Eredar of the Legion (which Grom also saw from the Vision of Time), so it makes sense that he would be very distrustful of them too. I mean, yes, that was all wrong, but how was Grom supposed to know that? All he wanted was to prevent his people from being slaves, and while his methods were wrong, he acted on the only information he had.
    tbh you are headcanoning with the draenei look like eredar thing pretty badly. no one ever mentioned anything about that. even so its not really an acceptable reason for him to then take them and march them into engines that used their souls as fuel to power a gigantic portal to another world which he intended to take over and murder all non-orcs present on. i mean you can say he was "misled" into doing that but uhhhhhhhhhh he still kinda did it and unless we hold orcs to some weird standards where we just dont expect them to have any sense of right or wrong whatsoever hes still to blame for it.

i appreciate that you know wod's story is indefensible trash but its really best not even to try as an experiment.

we have to go with the awful story we got which is why this is such a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    He was warchief of the warsong till Wc3 and since these orcs are from Outlands they are refering to him. Also Groms son was an mag thar who lived in nargrand (outlands) during BC.
    These Orcs coming in BFA aren't Outland Orcs, lol.

Silly/Joke line from the female counterpart:
    Hey... aren't you the one who left that abandoned garrison littering up Frostfire?

They're WoD Draenor Orcs, likely Orcs from all the splintered clans. Which will very likely include Warsong Orcs among the other clans such as Frostwolf, Blackrock, Shadowmoon etc. That "Warchief Grom" line is likely in due part to some of the Orcs in this allied race being apart of the Warsong Clan and who leads the Warsong Clan? Grom.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Not sure how that would work. Saurfang gained notoriety by being a veteran of the First, Second, and Third Wars. Which didn't happen yet in the AU world. It would be like throwing around the name of a famous general who served in both WWI and WWII... in 1910.
    The Saurfang name still must carry some weight in AU plus he can throw around names that will carry weight in the AU draenor.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-02-23 at 07:42 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Stop being ignorant people. The jokes imply that the orc dyed their hair green after the events of Hellfire. And Blackhand was Warchief of the Horde/Orcs in W3 not Grom.
    Errr... No. That was Thrall. Blackhand was only warchief through half of warcraf 1.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    As per my last comment, I suspect the Allied race will contain all of the Clans from Draenor, Warsong Clan was led by Grom, which is probably why one of the jokes has Grom mentioned as Warchief because he leads the Warsong. I suspect that line will probably be removed to make it seem less like your Orc is Warsong and more open to interpretation.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2018-02-23 at 07:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not only does he decide to genocide against the Draenei...
    I stopped reading right there. I fully support any Horde leader (past or present) that supports this! BTW it would be a slap in the face if the Alliance got an Orc race or the Horde got High Elves. Anything other than that is just game play. Oh man how I hope Horde gets High Elves though because there would be so many salty Alliance QQ'ing about it...excuse me while I go clean myself up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    but at tha ttime there is no sense, of him being pissed about just one or 2 random orcs who green, only after all the corruption and description Gul'dan bring in the last patch would make sense his disapproval of green color.

- - - Updated - - -

yean and? he was warchief of our horde, not iron horde

beside Garrosh would have no problem with green orcs
    Considering he butchered every warlock in Orgrimmar prior to the raid, I'd say he has quite a bit of a problem with green orcs. It would make sense that if a brown orc went around painting himself green and going 'woo look at me' that Garrosh would beat his ass. It would be like if 90% of mankind came down with leprosy, for instance, and a healthy guy paints bruises on himself. Very not cool.

let's recall the dumbest moment in WoD

The flirts and jokes indicate that the WoD orcs/Iron Horde are going to the Horde but what's not okay is that Grom seems to be the one being their leader into the Horde instead of us offing him and correcting the mistake.
    Whelp.. one of the worst characters in the history of the game is becoming one of the Horde's faction leaders.

Not only does he decide to genocide against the Draenei once he decides to do it again against the people who freed him. Alliance got slapped in the face here once again.
    What a nonsense leap. So apparently you're okay with WoD orcs but bringing Grom back is a whole other level on top of that - except there's no confirmation he's coming back beyond "WoD orcs are coming" so your thread is pointless. Try harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Can't we get Durotan or someone else instead?

Why is Grom even still alive?!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Can't we get Durotan or someone else instead?

Why is Grom even still alive?!
    Durotan has a family and Grom has alot to prove plus his mate is dead and has no bloodline

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Excellently put. It would be like if there was a timeline where the eredar rejected Sargeras' offer. The word draenei would mean nothing to any of them, because there would be no need to distinguish the uncorrupt from the corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Where's this from?
    The new data mined /joke lines for the Mag'har.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282150/m...kes-and-flirts

"DRAENOR IS FREEEE"

But you were the one trying to murder and enslave all the Draenei and orcs who wouldn't go omnicide a bunch of other worlds, why do you get to say it's free, weird fake Grom?
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    What a nonsense leap. So apparently you're okay with WoD orcs but bringing Grom back is a whole other level on top of that - except there's no confirmation he's coming back beyond "WoD orcs are coming" so your thread is pointless. Try harder.
    Female /joke calls him Warchief.

"I dyed my hair green once. Warchief Hellscream was NOT amused."

Also stuff like this to show they are from Draenor.

"Drahnor. Draynor? Draanur. Draenor. <Sigh>. I'm just gonna say I'm from Outland."
    "Hey... aren't you the one who left that abandoned garrison littering up Frostfire?"
    "Enough of this wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... BLAH! Just let me smash stuff!"

I'm going to guess Hellscream united the clans after we left and gave them the name Mag'har, which means uncorrupted in orcish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    "DRAENOR IS FREEEE"

But you were the one trying to murder and enslave all the Draenei and orcs who wouldn't go omnicide a bunch of other worlds, why do you get to say it's free, weird fake Grom?
    Lol both Grom's did the same thing in different fashions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    As per my last comment, I suspect the Allied race will contain all of the Clans from Draenor, Warsong Clan was led by Grom, which is probably why one of the jokes has Grom mentioned as Warchief because he leads the Warsong. I suspect that line will probably be removed to make it seem less like your Orc is Warsong and more open to interpretation.
    Completely agree. This options for skins kind of proves it: http://www.wowhead.com/news=282155/m...zation-options

You'll be able to pick a skin for which clan you want to be from, even though its now known as the mag'har.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2018-02-23 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    and how do you explain the other skins?

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282155/m...zation-options

If we only got brown skins then you might have a point but clearly we are getting blackrock and the other clans skins which means AU orcs.
    The Outland Mag'har was also made up of various clans who stuck them in Nagrand to avoid the red pox.

We have already seen Frostwolf, Bleeding Hollow, Warsong, and Blackrock Orcs among their numbers, and they could easily add any others they felt like. The only reason they were brown-only in game was because BC was like 10 years ago back when tattoos weren't customization options, they were literally shirts NPCs could only wear.