Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    There is some stuff for Kul'Tirans, although not as much as the Orcs. Also no sign of what the Vulpera counterpart will be.

Blizzard has historically done the Horde content first, so that's probably why.
    When will people get it? Vulpera will NEVER be allied race as much as Orcs will be neutral or kul'tiras humans to horde, nothing of this BS is true, it's just wild speculation and there is no evidence anything of these points will apply to the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    They live on zandalar it seems. Maybe the Alliance get the new witches as Allied Race
    Ah I see. I thought the Tortollan in the images of Boralus posted on the front page might have been an indirect clue.

Still, I think on this matter we should be objective.

First, it is clear Draenor Orcs are going to be Horde only. I've been avoiding the lore forums a lot and I am wary about being here due to potential spoilers, but this is a possibility that has been discussed in recent days.

I am glad that this possibility has been comprehensively disproved. Orcs within the Alliance is as wrong as Humans within the Horde.

Secondly, I suspect the likeliest counterpart for Draenor Orcs will be the thin Humans. They have already been flagged in some datamining as a playable race I believe, although they will clearly need a better racial name. We may see more proof of them being playable as alpha progresses.

Thirdly, I am not sure if Vulpera will be an allied race. If they are given the theme of the expansion I doubt any newly added Allied race is going to be neutral, so I Vulpera will be either Alliance or Horde. As far as I know they could go either way. Tortollan are the only 'equivalent' group I can see being added into BFA but a big obstacle for them is that they are reskinned Tuskar models.

Vulpera use reskinned Goblins model, which is a player model. The Tuskar model was not designed to be playable, the Goblin one is. On the other hand, the Goblin base model is scheduled for an upgrade, it seems odd they would deploy Vulpera using what will soon be the old Goblin rig as the base and then make Vulpera playable.

BFA is in Alpha. The Horde is getting Zandalari and Orcs, and Kul'tirans and Dark Irons are pretty much a given for Alliance. Just because they aren't implemented yet doesn't mean there is any doubt about it.

Vulpera are less certain, although very likely, and we don't know what they will be paired up with yet, although my bet is on Sethrak because:

1. People always asked for Naga, but Blizzard couldn't find a solution for their lack of legs. This is an alternative serpentine race with all the playable character basics, and a pretty cool one at that.
    2. They have an established conflict with Vulpera and the Horde, and story-wise they can be recruited in an effort to gain a foothold on Zandalar. Obviously there is no potential Horde race on Kul'tiras (yet), but the story doesn't need to be entirely symmetrical. The Horde forays there can be spearheaded by the already established races, and/or they can be smaller scale if they want to show the Alliance in a more dominant position during the expansion, where they outright invade Zandalar but Horde only does sabotage missions in Kul'tiras.

Sure, there are no models for female Sethrak yet, but as I said in the beginning, BFA is in Alpha. Currently there are no compelling alternatives, but it remains to be seen. Who knows, Vulpera may not even be an allied race at all.

Edit for the post above: The problem with Tortollan is that their shell would cause issues with gear. They can't display capes, and it would also clip into shoulders, helms and belts. It's also a problem in matching colors with the gear, because you pretty much can't hide it.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2018-02-23 at 10:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    maybe the updated prairie dogs
    Haha you got me with this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Ah I see. I thought the Tortollan in the images of Boralus posted on the front page might have been an indirect clue.

Still, I think on this matter we should be objective.
    Yeah, there seems to be some Tortollan in Kul Tiras as pirates. Their main zone is Zandalar(think its the whole Loa-thing that makes the animal-races having their main zone there?). So they could go with the pirates being a story arc, but seems fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    I honestly don't think we will get more allied races than Orcs and Kul Tirans, because something something cost of a raid tier. If they do add Vulpera, I guess they will come in along Worgen and Goblin model updates, possibly with a Worgen related sub-race for Alliance.
    I'm thinking the same thing, people are assuming Vulpera because they were added to a list containing playable races and NPCs, Vyrkul are also on that list. I feel Brown Orcs and Kul'tiran humans are the last we'll get.

Draenor Orcs have been in the game for quite some time, with them being showcased first is expected. Also theres no telling where Draenor Orcs loyalty lie, although the logical approach would be Horde. As for Alliance, if Kultirans are indeed the Orc counterparts, they need a little more time. After all, they were revealed way later than the other allied races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Draenor Orcs have been in the game for quite some time, with them being showcased first is expected. Also theres no telling where Draenor Orcs loyalty lie, although the logical approach would be Horde. As for Alliance, if Kultirans are indeed the Orc counterparts, they need a little more time. After all, they were revealed way later than the other allied races.
    The jokes datamined this morning pretty much confirm they are Horde.