Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Top: Umm PSN has had one security breach in recent years and so has XBL (The fifa hack). As for outages both have had them quite often in recent years as well. But hey if u got some official numbers I would love to see them.

Bottom: Funny you bring up Digital Foundry, Where do you think I got the (Average Resolution is 1800p for XboxOne X) from? Yep you guessed it from them because that is what the system does a majority of the time. Both Ps4 Pro and Xbox One X have games doing 4K but if there is a gap between the two on who does it most its quite small. PS4 Pro may even take the lead on it slightly because it has exclusive titles (Such as Secret of Mana Remake,Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 bundle,SoC and The Last of Us Remaster) that pulls native 4K.

But hey if u got actual data to prove me wrong go for it I'm fine with being wrong if u can actually prove it.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't recall recent events or from the last 4 years where both have had outages?

December 2017.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/xbox-l...rious-11656819
    January 4th.
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...-Siege-servers
    7 Days ago.
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...tatus-Xbox-One

And I can link many more, It seems like both have issues who knew.
    PSN going down for almost a month once and entire scores of PSN users getting their information hacked more than once is more than enough to make it the shittier of the two networks. Intermittent smaller outages that are to be expected with technology like this is minuscule in comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha no you don't sorry champ you don't get to move goal posts. This is such a weak ass argument it isn't even funny. You compare the amount of games running 4K.

Only reason you say that is because once again Xbox has no fucken exclusives.
    Lol, the fact that you think a PS exclusive game running in 4K is a fair comparison when you can't even attempt to run it on a XB1X to see the comparison there (and vice versa) is extremely fucking idiotic and absolutely hysterical. Just because YOU can't see the problem with that scenario doesn't change the fact that it can't be a legitimate comparison.

One's own ignorance isn't an excuse or defense, Jt, regardless of how much you try to use yours as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    PSN going down for almost a month once and entire scores of PSN users getting their information hacked more than once is more than enough to make it the shittier of the two networks. Intermittent smaller outages that are to be expected with technology like this is minuscule in comparison.
    Such claims need to be backed up with actual proof. All I see is claims from you and no proof, I give you 3 links showing you XBL is no different.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, the fact that you think a PS exclusive game running in 4K is a fair comparison when you can't even attempt to run it on a XB1X to see the comparison there (and vice versa) is extremely fucking idiotic and absolutely hysterical. Just because YOU can't see the problem with that scenario doesn't change the fact that it can't be a legitimate comparison.p
    When the argument is (what system runs more games in 4K) yes exclusives count. You are just moving goal posts because just the Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 bundle has more games in 4K than the whole of XboxOne.

If you want to brag about the XboxOne X running 3rd party games better than PS4 you win ya it does. Good thing that wasn't what u said and I quote
    They’ve given us the most powerful console to date that can play most games in native 4K.
    You don't get to move goal posts because you are wrong and Xbox is lacking games.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Such claims need to be backed up with actual proof. All I see is claims from you and no proof, I give you 3 links showing you XBL is no different.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ears-ago-today

77 million users information was accessed in the largest security breach ever in the history of console gamers.

Boom. Nuff said.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't get to move goal posts because you are wrong and Xbox is lacking games.
    If you think what I said was goal post moving, then your comprehension skills have hit an all time low.....and that's saying something for you, Jt.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/22/1...-hacked-points
    Since 2015, a Chinese gaming website has been hacking Xbox accounts and selling the proceeds on the open market, according to a complaint filed by Microsoft in federal court on Friday.
    Boom nuff said. If you are going to start a dick waving contest than have a dick to wave...

- - - Updated - - -

If you think what I said was goal post moving, then your comprehension skills have hit an all time low.....and that's saying something for you, Jt.
    Did you not go from (Has more 4K games) to ( Can't use exclusives) that is the definition of goal post moving.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/22/1...-hacked-points

Boom nuff said. If you are going to start a dick waving contest than have a dick to wave...

- - - Updated - - -

Did you not go from (Has more 4K games) to ( Can't use exclusives) that is the definition of goal post moving.
    If you think that's comparable to 77 million users' accounts being hacked in the largest security breach ever in the history of console gaming, then you are on a whole new level of delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, your comprehension and/or reading skills suck. I stated that the Xbox One X can hit more games at native 4K in COMPARISON to the Pro which CANNOT hit as many of those same games at native 4K. If you can't infer that my statement was being targeted at 3rd party games which both systems have a chance to go head to head on, then you really need to go back to school and take a reading class my friend. Because, like I pointed out already....factoring in console exclusives (especially when some of those exclusives are simple games which are not demanding on the hardware AT ALL) which is impossible to compare to on the competitor's system is a lesson in futility.

But it doesn't surprise me that you're pulling some asinine reasoning out of your ass to try and prove a meaningless point.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-02-23 at 09:01 AM.

But it doesn't surprise me that you're pulling some asinine reasoning out of your ass to try and prove a meaningless point.
    Just can't admit when you are wrong about something. Look is you want to brag about the XboxOne X running 3rd party games better than Pro be my guest.

Seeing how that's the only thing it does correctly you can have it. If all you are going to do is move goal posts when your bullshit gets proven wrong then we are done here. Next time don't say (has more 4K games than pro) because you will be proven wrong....Again.

Also thought u was done derailing the thread, Just can't help yourself can you.

Just can't admit when you are wrong about something. Look is you want to brag about the XboxOne X running 3rd party games better than Pro be my guest.

Seeing how that's the only thing it does correctly you can have it. If all you are going to do is move goal posts when your bullshit gets proven wrong then we are done here. Next time don't say (has more 4K games than pro) because you will be proven wrong....Again.

You not being able to understand and comprehend common sense things is not the same thing as someone else goalpost moving. I've tried pointing it out to you, but you've chosen willful ignorance. That's on you, not me. If you can't understand that then we are done here.

You just can't leave without getting the last word can you?

PSN - biggest breach in gaming history. You: nah it's fine xBox is on the same level.

Which part of your brain are you missing?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

15+ Year Old Account
    I have an xbacks and it's straight up doodoo. Also I don't like the switch either, just the games. Ps4 is kay, but it's not ps1/2

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also extremely disappointing seeing the exact same people jumping on the bandwagon and continually posting in a thread that is indirectly bashing Xbox/MS. The exact. same. people. I'm talking about you Jt, if you hadn't noticed.

It amazes me how threads that either directly or indirectly bash Xbox/MS are allowed and the same people constantly circle jerk in them while most of the threads criticizing Sony or Nintendo get those exact same people coming into them, yelling "console wars!", and inevitably get them shut down.

Deny it all you want, but MMO-C most definitely has a bias towards Sony/Nintendo and the mods most definitely cater to it. Mostly because hating on Xbox/MS this gen is the "cool" and "hip" thing to do.
    It's the "cool" and "hip" thing to do because it's simply true. Xbox started the generation with some pretty awful practices, it hurt them, and they backpeddled. Since then they've made some great pro-consumer choices like backwards compatibility and the game pass thing. The problem is that their games just aren't cutting it. This isn't an opinion. This is a fact. Sony has better exclusives. Now whether you like Microsoft or Sony's exclusives more is an opinion. But if you look at the metacritic and open critic scores of Sony and Microsoft's exclusives, the consensus is clear: Sony makes better exclusive games. They have a higher average metacritic score.

And when you compare Microsoft's upcoming exclusives like Sea of Thieves and Crackdown versus Sony and Nintendo's upcoming exclusives, you can see that the community is more excited about Sony and Nintendo's upcoming offerings.

I'm not a Microsoft hater. The 360 was my main console for most of last generation. But Microsoft has always had an exclusive problem. They're basically the reverse of Nintendo. Nintendo has primarily cartoony stylized games and Microsoft primarily has gritty realistic games. The problem is Nintendo also has some of the best game designers in the world and Microsoft currently has basically sloppy seconds working on their previous top franchises (Halo and Gears of War).

Microsoft needs to pioneer new IP that people actually give a shit about, because so far their experiments (Recore, Quantum Break, and Scalebound) haven't worked or were cancelled. Their existing franchises (Halo, Gears of War) are past their prime and/or their interest in the public eye has waned. Microsoft is seriously in trouble right now and denying that is not doing them a service right now.

For the record I got called a Nintendo hater when I called out Nintendo for fucking up royally with the Wii U. I want all 3 of these companies to be successful as it will only breed more success for the industry. Only reason I don't hate on Sony is because they've been pretty consistent since they've entered the console market outside of the PS3 launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's the "cool" and "hip" thing to do because it's simply true. Xbox started the generation with some pretty awful practices, it hurt them, and they backpeddled. Since then they've made some great pro-consumer choices like backwards compatibility and the game pass thing. The problem is that their games just aren't cutting it. This isn't an opinion. This is a fact. Sony has better exclusives. Now whether you like Microsoft or Sony's exclusives more is an opinion. But if you look at the metacritic and open critic scores of Sony and Microsoft's exclusives, the consensus is clear: Sony makes better exclusive games. They have a higher average metacritic score.

And when you compare Microsoft's upcoming exclusives like Sea of Thieves and Crackdown versus Sony and Nintendo's upcoming exclusives, you can see that the community is more excited about Sony and Nintendo's upcoming offerings.

I'm not a Microsoft hater. The 360 was my main console for most of last generation. But Microsoft has always had an exclusive problem. They're basically the reverse of Nintendo. Nintendo has primarily cartoony stylized games and Microsoft primarily has gritty realistic games. The problem is Nintendo also has some of the best game designers in the world and Microsoft currently has basically sloppy seconds working on their previous top franchises (Halo and Gears of War).

Microsoft needs to pioneer new IP that people actually give a shit about, because so far their experiments (Recore, Quantum Break, and Scalebound) haven't worked or were cancelled. Their existing franchises (Halo, Gears of War) are past their prime and/or their interest in the public eye has waned. Microsoft is seriously in trouble right now and denying that is not doing them a service right now.

For the record I got called a Nintendo hater when I called out Nintendo for fucking up royally with the Wii U. I want all 3 of these companies to be successful as it will only breed more success for the industry. Only reason I don't hate on Sony is because they've been pretty consistent since they've entered the console market outside of the PS3 launch.
    I absolutely cannot argue the fact that MS has screwed the pooch in the exclusives department. It’s been their biggest downfall this gen. Hopefully they start to give us something in the next 2-3 years (because they can’t just pull brand new exclusives out of their ass) and start to right this wrong. And if rumors are to be believed, they are doing this. As an example, it sounds like Fable 4 is going to be a real possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely cannot argue the fact that MS has screwed the pooch in the exclusives department. It’s been their biggest downfall this gen. Hopefully they start to give us something in the next 2-3 years (because they can’t just pull brand new exclusives out of their ass) and start to right this wrong. And if rumors are to be believed, they are doing this. As an example, it sounds like Fable 4 is going to be a real possibility.
    I honestly think around the time they announced Backwards Compatibility they were posed to make a come back. I can't remember what year it was but that was like the most viewed news story of E3 that year. But of course, they didn't have the games to support the good will they were gaining back and they lost that momentum.

I wonder if this generation is even salvageable for them at this point. A year ago I would've said maybe, but with how successful the Switch is and how well Sony is still doing, I don't really think either company is giving Microsoft a weak spot to exploit right now.

I do hope the new Fable is great though. I quite enjoyed Fable 2 and 3.

I do hope the next Fable (if it even happens) is good but unless they are using what Lion Head was working on that game will easily be 3+ years out. Anything sooner and I don't expect it to be any better than 2/3 (3 being the worse but I still enjoyed all 3).

On top of that I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on some IP's and they will pull a Nintendo and just release them as launch titles for there next Xbox system. At some point they will have to drop support for the XboxOne (Base/S model) and move on.

IMO this gen of Xbox is done and whatever big they got in the pipeline will likely be on there next true gen system (and maybe on X). I give it two years max before Base model of the XboxOne is dead.

Honestly that's the better move for them IMO. Release small titles between now and the next true gen system and then come out swinging with the next system.

I honestly think around the time they announced Backwards Compatibility they were posed to make a come back. I can't remember what year it was but that was like the most viewed news story of E3 that year. But of course, they didn't have the games to support the good will they were gaining back and they lost that momentum.

I wonder if this generation is even salvageable for them at this point. A year ago I would've said maybe, but with how successful the Switch is and how well Sony is still doing, I don't really think either company is giving Microsoft a weak spot to exploit right now.

The new Fable is almost guaranteed to be better now that Peter fucking Molyneux has nothing to do with it. He’s got to be one of the sleaziest people in the video games industry.

Yea, Sony salvaged the PS3 with games. MS doesn't have the studio power to make that happen simply put.

Sony really since the late ps2 era have put an emphasis on building up dev studios and producing great 1st and 2nd party games. MS has had great exclusives in spurts, but usually from 3rd parties that MS either lose as exclusives later or buy out and transfer to a worse dev studio. I have yet to see MS actually invest in creating great 1st party studios, regardless of the BS Phil Spencer tries to claim. Hell Xbox exclusive content has SHRUNK since he's been the boss.

I too hope a new Fable game is not shit. 0 confidence in that though after they forced lionhead into making that shitty moba project and then canning them when it didn't work out. MS IPs have always gotten worse after changing devs.

- - - Updated - - -

The new Fable is almost guaranteed to be better now that Peter fucking Molyneux has nothing to do with it. He’s got to be one of the sleaziest people in the video games industry.
    The only thing he is guilty of is crazy hyperbole hyping up his games. Sleaziest? Hardly. At least he actually released decent games which is more then can be said for most heads working for MS right now.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-23 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The only thing he is guilty of is crazy hyperbole hyping up his games. Sleaziest? Hardly. At least he actually released decent games which is more then can be said for most heads working for MS right now.
    Fun Fact: While not a big title by any means Fable Fortune released today and there has been ZERO marketing for it.

Yea, Sony salvaged the PS3 with games. MS doesn't have the studio power to make that happen simply put.

Sony really since the late ps2 era have put an emphasis on building up dev studios and producing great 1st and 2nd party games. MS has had great exclusives in spurts, but usually from 3rd parties that MS either lose as exclusives later or buy out and transfer to a worse dev studio. I have yet to see MS actually invest in creating great 1st party studios, regardless of the BS Phil Spencer tries to claim. Hell Xbox exclusive content has SHRUNK since he's been the boss.

I too hope a new Fable game is not shit. 0 confidence in that though after they forced lionhead into making that shitty moba project and then canning them when it didn't work out. MS IPs have always gotten worse after changing devs.

- - - Updated - - -

He’s been caught straight up lying several times and promising things that he never had the intention of ever delivering on. All the while doing it knowing full well what he was doing but simply didn’t care because it was going to earn him mounds of money.

He’s actually promised a winner of something a prize that he then never delivered on.

He’s actually promised a winner of something a prize that he then never delivered on.
    Oh the horror, someone didn't get some free shit. Definitely sleazier then the guy who made the Forza 7 monetization system which changed drastically from 6 LUL.

Calling him the sleaziest person in the industry is laughable, especially in today. At the end of the day he has finished and shipped GOOD complete sp games with...

No loot boxes
    No MTs
    No always online
    Not "bug free" per say but compared to other western RPGs released around the same times, far more polished.

This man is the sleaziest in the gaming industry because his initial hyperbole sell on a game didn't reach fruition? Or because someone didn't get some free shit? Don't make me laugh. He is not innocent by any means, but in the greater video game industry he is an evil I'd rather have around then whatever is currently at the top of EA, WB, MS, Konami and Activision.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly forgot the Xbox was a thing until I just clicked on this thread. Its been PS4 vs. Switch now for a while and I honestly forgot about Microsoft. Its partially because I decided not to get the Xbox One, but I really haven’t seen much coverage of it lately now that you mention it.

Oh the horror, someone didn't get some free shit. Definitely sleazier then the guy who made the Forza 7 monetization system which changed drastically from 6 LUL.

Calling him the sleaziest person in the industry is laughable, especially in today. At the end of the day he has finished and shipped GOOD complete sp games with...

No loot boxes
    No MTs
    No always online
    Not "bug free" per say but compared to other western RPGs released around the same times, far more polished.

This man is the sleaziest in the gaming industry because his initial hyperbole sell on a game didn't reach fruition? Or because someone didn't get some free shit? Don't make me laugh. He is not innocent by any means, but in the greater video game industry he is an evil I'd rather have around then whatever is currently at the top of EA, WB, MS, Konami and Activision.
    I can tell you didn’t watch the video for one thing. And I never said he was the sleaziest, just one of the sleaziest. Stop putting words in my mouth like you are so apt at doing, Tech.

And the prize involved actually getting money from the profits of one of his video games which he never delivered on and most likely pocketed the money himself. That’s a pretty big deal and scumbag move regardless of how you personally feel about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I honestly forgot the Xbox was a thing until I just clicked on this thread. Its been PS4 vs. Switch now for a while and I honestly forgot about Microsoft. Its partially because I decided not to get the Xbox One, but I really haven’t seen much coverage of it lately now that you mention it.
    Forgot the Xbox was even a thing? That’s either some serious amnesia you’re suffering there or you are just straight up lying.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-02-23 at 11:03 PM.