Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    There goes my dreams of someday being able to farm the dragon in ICC...
    Why? There are no indications that the bandages are tailor only in BfA and some of the existing bandages are moved over to Tailoring. You can also already farm the ICC dragon even Heroic 25-man. The engineering bandage gun works wonders from what I hear.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

About time! Either make it useful or get rid of it. Next step is to get rid of gathering professions and simply have them be part of a crafting profession. If you pick up BS you can also mine as part of being a BS, for example.

The First Aid skill definitely needs some love. Move all the healing pots from Alchemy to First Aid, changing their herbs to something anyone can gather untrained -- Flax, Nettle, Bloodwort, Witch Hazel, etc. Then smooth out the First Aid skill leveling points by putting the healing potion recipes in the dead spots.

Of course this leaves huge holes in the Alchemy skill. Plug those holes with dye recipes for all dyes currently in game, plus a bunch of new dyes usable by a transmogrification process.

I haven't used first aid for years. So I wouldn't mind seeing it disapear completely. At this point I don't even think an overall of it would do much good.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    They could've made first aid useful again instead, but no, just remove everything because w/e
    This.

Ironically enough Legion is the expansion where I found first aid most useful.

This is a bad change after a series of bad changes, not a good sign of other things to come.

First Aid never needed need anything fancy, it needed reliable, decent bandages. That's it. That's the whole point of it existing.

Because my warrior, or my dk can only heal by dealing damage or my hunter has very insubstantial self healing when it really needs it, but in pvp I may want to hide and get out of combat and having a good bandage helps a lot in that situation.

As mentioned, they aren't removing bandages, just moving how they are made to Tailoring. This also means they will probably remove the "First Aid only" restriction on using bandages, meaning more people will be able to use them, but fewer people will be able to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    As mentioned, they aren't removing bandages, just moving how they are made to Tailoring. This also means they will probably remove the "First Aid only" restriction on using bandages, meaning more people will be able to use them, but fewer people will be able to make them.
    Which means that just like now with the horrible Legion profession system, I won't be using them in BFA. They'll probably share a cooldown or something with healing pots, I'd bank on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    This is a bad change after a series of bad changes, not a good sign of other things to come.

First Aid never needed need anything fancy, it needed reliable, decent bandages. That's it. That's the whole point of it existing.

Because my warrior, or my dk can only heal by dealing damage or my hunter has very insubstantial self healing when it really needs it, but in pvp I may want to hide and get out of combat and having a good bandage helps a lot in that situation.
    In this case you're better off eating food outside of combat.

ot: Bandaids shouldn't heal you to full, they're bandaids. They can always move healing pots to First Aid bandages and make it behave as a healthstone with a HoT, minus the shared cooldown with pots.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2018-02-23 at 01:14 AM.

I'm finding First Aid quite useful when levelling my rogue at the moment - shame they're removing more iconic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    I'm finding First Aid quite useful when levelling my rogue at the moment - shame they're removing more iconic stuff.
    Open your spell book, look for Crimson Vial. You get it at 16.

Besides, what is "iconic" about First Aid? It's never been a big part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Open your spell book, look for Crimson Vial. You get it at 16.

Besides, what is "iconic" about First Aid? It's never been a big part of the game.
    If you ever played in Vanilla or TBC then gouge or blind/bandage is iconic part of rogue PvP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    If you ever played in Vanilla or TBC then gouge or blind/bandage is iconic part of rogue PvP
    I remember that I have used it in Classic in PvE content as well. But we are not in Classic anymore, and this could be actually a reasonable pruning.