Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Hammer of Wrath is back?

Am I seeing this correctly? Check the alpha notes on the front page!

This makes me a happy Paladin!

Apologies if it's old news, this is the first time I see this.

Deleted
    Yup, and it's a talent in the same row as Blade of Wrath and Fires of Justice.
    So basically one of the 3 available tools for rotation smoothening.

It's the tool meant for bursty fights, while the other 2 are meant for either: RNG-liking people or flat-CD-decrease liking people.

Certainly not better than Blade of Wrath. A proc that happens quite alot that gives you 2 holy power VS a finishing move only usable when enemy is 20% an awards you just one holy power.

Its no contest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Certainly not better than Blade of Wrath. A proc that happens quite alot that gives you 2 holy power VS a finishing move only usable when enemy is 20% an awards you just one holy power.

Its no contest
    100% right. It is a great shame it is competing with BoW, which I would still always go with. Hopefully this changes somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

Its no contest
    A proc that occasionally procs when you need it to and more than often becomes wasteful when Blade of Justice pops right off CD or just doesn't proc for the longest time. Also, you can use Hammer of Wrath during Wings too in case you missed that.

Too soon to judge it in any way since we have Azerite coming up, as well as number tuning.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2018-02-23 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    A proc that occasionally procs when you need it to and more than often becomes wasteful when Blade of Justice pops right off CD or just doesn't proc for the longest time. Also, you can use Hammer of Wrath during Wings too in case you missed that.

Too soon to judge it in any way.
    ^ what that guy said!

Too soon to judge it in any way since we have Azerite coming up, as well as number tuning.
    Stop trying to downplay Blade of Wrath it procs very often, more often than Divine Purpose which is a final talent...

Hammer of wrath to be useful relies on you having wings up. lool sorry but if we're talking consistent damage, Blade of wrath will outshine Hammer of Wrath.

I can see it having a hard time without old sanctified wrath especially. I don't want to seem too ungrateful because it's great they listened, but I think both talents are way too fun to only be allowed one of them, hammer of wrath baseline would be ideal in my mind.

Deleted
    Ah yes, I didn't realize it's going to be a talent. That's a pity. It should probably just be baseline again.

I'm glad that listened and gave us this back. Hopefully they adjust it to not be in the same row as BoW or give it as baseline. HoW has always been the mainstay ability I think of when I think of Ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Stop trying to downplay Blade of Wrath it procs very often, more often than Divine Purpose which is a final talent...

Hammer of wrath to be useful relies on you having wings up. lool sorry but if we're talking consistent damage, Blade of wrath will outshine Hammer of Wrath.
    Stating the obvious. But the proc can be far more unreliable than DP and may result in procs which are more worthless than useful, which was the point I was making....

Yeah, Hammer of Wrath sure does nothing right? I remember differently. And remember: Blade of Justice is physical damage, so it doesn't scale with Mastery.

Nice talking to you, inexperienced fool.

Edit: For AoE, BoW will likely be better though, I'll concede that one.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2018-02-23 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by capri sunset View Post
    I can see it having a hard time without old sanctified wrath especially. I don't want to seem too ungrateful because it's great they listened, but I think both talents are way too fun to only be allowed one of them, hammer of wrath baseline would be ideal in my mind.
    Baseline would be wonderful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stating the obvious. But the proc can be far more unreliable than DP and may result in procs which are more worthless than useful, which was the point I was making....

Yeah, Hammer of Wrath sure does nothing right? I remember differently. And remember: Blade of Justice is physical damage, so it doesn't scale with Mastery.

Nice talking to you, inexperienced fool.

Edit: For AoE, BoW will likely be better though, I'll concede that one.
    but you linked them a picture with no link for context of how that fight went and why HoW is actually hitting harder....I mean I know hammer was good but a screencap doesn't help ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    but you linked them a picture with no link for context of how that fight went and why HoW is actually hitting harder....I mean I know hammer was good but a screencap doesn't help ya.
    Thats most likely the standard patchwerk sim.

Topic:
    Hammer will be a godsend on movement intense fights.

Why is it even a talent? Just a slap in the face

Because if we know anything it's that Ret is 100% about consistent damage.............

Not saying one or the other is better but basing it off of wanting "consistent damage" is silly. Burst has shown to always be more useful than consistency IF your burst is consistent.

Although I'm not a ret paladin main, I was very excited and happy for this ability to return, UNTIL I saw that it's a talent when it should be baseline. Abilities that are used for executing shouldn't be a talent, like Shadow Word: Death is becoming in BfA along with Hammer of Wrath.

Its no contest
    Keep in mind they also lowered the PPM of Blade of Wrath. Now the whole row can be mediocre!
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I'm happy to see it back as an option. I just hope that they make it better than it is right now because Blade of Wrath is much better all around.

I am pretty sad that Divine Hammer is being removed though... It's a great ability. Much better for Ret than Consecration imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcieth View Post
    Although I'm not a ret paladin main, I was very excited and happy for this ability to return, UNTIL I saw that it's a talent when it should be baseline. Abilities that are used for executing shouldn't be a talent, like Shadow Word: Death is becoming in BfA along with Hammer of Wrath.
    Exactly. Unless they're absolutely terrible, the execute talents are going to be must-picks almost universally because low boss HP is when Blizzard likes to implement all the "CRAZY MUST GET IT DEAD NAOOOOOOO!" mechanics.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation