Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Something doesnt add up here or i am bad at math. He was supposed to pay 100$ per month, he didnt pay for 20 years, that's 24.000$ total, yet he owes 560.000? What is that, 24000% interest? What a rip off social system in US is

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    Something doesnt add up here or i am bad at math. He was supposed to pay 100$ per month, he didnt pay for 20 years, that's 24.000$ total, yet he owes 560.000? What is that, 24000% interest? What a rip off social system in US is
    Because they discovered that he became a rich motherfucker, and modified the child support. As per the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Because they discovered that he became a rich motherfucker, and modified the child support. As per the article.
    So how does being rich makes you pay more? Court decided on 100$ and made him legaly binded by that decision, since when being a succesfull man suddenly makes your kids need more then they needed before?

So how does being rich makes you pay more? Court decided on 100$ and made him legaly binded by that decision, since when being a succesfull man suddenly makes your kids need more then they needed before?
    In some states, child support can be a percentage of your income.

Also, you conveniently left out the part where they first modified it down to $14 when he told them he was unemployed, and I don't see you complaining about the court changing it down from $100. I mean, he was 'legaly binded by that decision,' right?
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

In some states, child support can be a percentage of your income.

Also, you conveniently left out the part where they first modified it down to $14 when he told them he was unemployed, and I don't see you complaining about the court changing it down from $100. I mean, he was 'legaly binded by that decision,' right?
    So you saying he supposed to pay 25% of his life earnings and its alright... god what a stupid law

So you saying he supposed to pay 25% of his life earnings and its alright... god what a stupid law
    Considering that he failed to pay it even when it was small, failed to inform the court about his actual income, ran from the law, and failed to support his kids?

Yeah, it's more than alright. He brought all of this on himself.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you choose to take a course of action that results in having a child, you are responsible for ensuring a standard of life for that child proportional to your own. Nothing stupid about it all.

We don't live in the dark ages any more. We have full control over our reproductive processes. We know the risks, we know the potential consequences. If you land up having to pay 25% of your income in child support it's your own fault. Period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I gave other concessions as well.

No back child support for a child you didn't know existed.
    No child support at all when you can't earn an income.

I'm really trying to argue this in good faith here.
    Aren't you like 18 years old? Remember you saying you were still in school in another post? If so you should really not be involved in a discussion like this.

Its a fact that men have 0 rights when it comes to things like this and if we want to be equals then stuff like this also needs to change.
    Its not the 50's anymore, Women make at least the same amount of money as men and almost all have full time careers.
    Most men also do 50% of the chores these days. Like I said its not the 50's. Lets move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    If you choose to take a course of action that results in having a child, you are responsible for ensuring a standard of life for that child proportional to your own. Nothing stupid about it all.

We don't live in the dark ages any more. We have full control over our reproductive processes. We know the risks, we know the potential consequences. If you land up having to pay 25% of your income in child support it's your own fault. Period.
    And who are u to judge him for his actions not knowing everything that went down there? Maybe he wanted to raise the kids but mother didnt allow that? Maybe his wife was abusing him mentally or cheating him? Maybe they had under table deal and mother actually received money? You will never know so dont be quick to judge.

I know myself people that actually give their ex-wife money and she claims he doesnt pay just so she receives another sum from the state.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And who are u to judge him for his actions not knowing everything that went down there? Maybe he wanted to raise the kids but mother didnt allow that? Maybe his wife was abusing him mentally or cheating him? Maybe they had under table deal and mother actually received money? You will never know so dont be quick to judge.
    Ok, sure I'll bite. There are exceptions to every rule. Obviously, in exceptional cases, exceptions can be made. But you seem to be arguing that we should base precedent on exceptions rather than the norm.

This is why we have judges. They are qualified to make the call in a genuinely exceptional case. I'd flip this around and ask who are you to argue that we should assume this guy deserves some special exceptional consideration even when a judge has deemed him guilty?

I know myself people that actually give their ex-wife money and she claims he doesnt pay just so she receives another sum from the state.
    I am struggling to see the relevance here. If someone has fathered a child then he should contribute to that child's upbringing according to his means. That is all. If the mother chooses the defraud the state, that is a different issue entirely. It cannot be grounds to exempt the father from his responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    I don`t get how some people can skip out on their children. It`s such a scumbag thing to do!
    if husband don't get along with their wife and children give more preference to their mother in compare to dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Ok, sure I'll bite. There are exceptions to every rule. Obviously, in exceptional cases, exceptions can be made. But you seem to be arguing that we should base precedent on exceptions rather than the norm.

This is why we have judges. They are qualified to make the call in a genuinely exceptional case. I'd flip this around and ask who are you to argue that we should assume this guy deserves some special exceptional consideration even when a judge has deemed him guilty?

I am struggling to see the relevance here. If someone has fathered a child then he should contribute to that child's upbringing according to his means. That is all. If the mother chooses the defraud the state, that is a different issue entirely. It cannot be grounds to exempt the father from his responsibilities.
    What you wrote is true but i meant only that we are too quick to judge people when we see anything like in this article. Even the judge will have no deep insight how the marriage went unless there are some records of misstreatment.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What you wrote is true but i meant only that we are too quick to judge people when we see anything like in this article. Even the judge will have no deep insight how the marriage went unless there are some records of misstreatment.
    Well do bear in mind that this is a debating forum, so the arguments are hypothetical anyway. It's fair enough to debate the issues based on the assumption that facts as presented in the reports are accurate and true.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    if only there was a way to seal the vas to prevent pregnancy? a Vascotomey if you will.
    Which is permanent. Why should I sterilise myself to get the same security and rights women get by default.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There is no productive dissection to have, you think child support is something that only men have to pay and clearly are not mature enough to be responsible for your own actions. Either lop off your balls so you don’t have to worry about ever having kids or go get a vasectomy and have it checked on every single time before you have sex so you know it’s still working. Surly if a woman has to deal with a child after sex every time so she can sleep around like a whore you can check your self before sex every time so you can sleep around like a gigolo.
    So to have the same rights as a woman I need to cut off my balls. Yeah, that's totally equality.

Pretty much how feminists want it to be tho.

Surly if a woman has to deal with a child after sex every time so she can sleep around like a whore you can check your self before sex every time
    A woman can abort in case of an accident. A man cannot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mootygrimes View Post
    lol. This dude is a virgin.

That's the sad thing about this thread. These dudes are losers. Outcasts.

These are issues on which they have an opinion but it's not actually a problem they have to worry about. lol.
    Ah yes, betas projecting their frustrations onto others. Happens all the time.

Just remember, little buddy. Even if you're too scared to stand up for what's right there's people like me who'll do it for you. You're not alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    What sort of women are you dating?? That combination of incredibly stupid, totally evil and shags anything that moves can not be all that common. Perhaps up your standards just a bit? The ladies you are describing can not be more than 0.5% of the population as I have never encountered a single one either personally or through friends and family.
    Who said anything about these traits combined?

All it takes for a man's life to be ruined is for a woman he has sex with to lie about contraception or change his mind about abortion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    No, it couldn't. You, as a man, have a choice in 100% of cases of sex as to whether or not you take the risk of producing a child. Unless you are literally raped, you cannot have a child as a man without choosing to.

You are arbitrarily dividing that choice into a pre- and post-sex phase that simply does not matter. You don't have a right to have sex, and you certainly don't have a right to have sex without inherent risk of producing a child.

Equality in this case is bodily autonomy. You have it, women have it. It implies different things from men and women because men and women are literally different physically, but that doesn't mean you don't have equality. If you don't want a baby, exercise your rights and don't have one. Don't have sex. If you want to drastically reduce the chance, have a (reversible) vasectomy or use protection. These are the options that your bodily autonomy allows for you to take.

Equality doesn't literally mean the exact same down the line in every case; it means principally the same. In this case, the equal right being protected is your right to bodily autonomy.
    Ah, so when a man has sex he chooses parenthood, but when a woman has sex she doesn't because it's her body rawr.

No, son, that's not equality. If a woman has full control over her future so should a man. To give women power over men is not equality.

If a man has to never fuck to have the same sense of security women have by default that's not equality.

In this case, the equal right being protected is your right to bodily autonomy.
    Except it's not, because you get sent to jail if you don't pay child support.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denarius View Post
    I have sole legal and physical custody of my oldest child. His mother hasn't been around in about 8 years now. If SHE wants to see him, SHE's going to pay the 10 years of child support SHE owes me, his father. Yes, i would expect the exact same thing if it were the other way around. It just happens much more frequently with men having to pay. Just because you don't hear about deadbeat moms, doesn't mean they don't exist. It's actually a lot more common than you think.

Yeah, i haven't seen her in 8 years, lol
    Except you don't have to SEE the kid to be sued for child support. She got off easy, she peaced out and pays nothing. That's what should be the default.

It just happens much more frequently with men having to pay.
    No, what happens is that men have to pay without wanting to be in the kid's life. If a man wants to be a dad to the kid he'll have no problem paying for it.

Considering that he failed to pay it even when it was small, failed to inform the court about his actual income, ran from the law, and failed to support his kids?

Yeah, it's more than alright. He brought all of this on himself.
    The way the law works though, even if he had paid child support, if he suddenly became rich he'd still have to pay more...and that's fucked up.

A couple of people I know are barely making ends meet with two full time jobs due to child support. Basically if they work their ass off and get ahead in life they become even more penalized than they already are. This is a fucked up system.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Which is permanent. Why should I sterilise myself to get the same security and rights women get by default. <snip>
    Every single thread on this and related topics you're sitting here repeating the same self-serving argument.

The fundamental flaw in your arguments is that you persistently fail to show any consideration for how your actions could affect other people. It's all about you, you and you alone (even if you try and disguise it as being in the interest of all men).

Sorry bud, but the world does not, and should not, operate on the premise of allowing people to behave in a selfish, narcissitic or sociopathic nature.

The simple fact is that if a man chooses to have sex with a woman in a civilised society, he has to assume equal responsibility for whatever the end result is. It is completely and utterly irrelevant that he doesn't get a say on the question of abortion. As men we know that up front. We accept the risk or we forego the sex. It's really not that complicated or difficult or unfair.

And if one doesn't want accept the de facto risks then one can go find a third world country where human rights are not practiced, and have anonymous sex there. Or alternatively find a woman who is willing to sign a legal document waiving the man's responsibilities in the event of pregnancy before having sex.

Seriously, for the vast majority of men living in first world countries this is almost entirely a non issue. If a man is adult enough to consent to sex, he's adult enough to talk to the woman before engaging in sex and finding out what kind of contraception she's using and what her attitudes are towards abortion in the case of an accident. Lastly, he's adult enough to assess all the risks, including the possibility that contraceptives might fail, or that the woman could elect to change her mind on the question of abortion. Any man incapable of doing these things should simply not be having sex with anyone except himself. It's that simple.

Sex is never risk-free. And if you honestly believe that men somehow have it worse than women in this regard then you're simply delusional.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2018-02-23 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Aren't you like 18 years old? Remember you saying you were still in school in another post? If so you should really not be involved in a discussion like this.

Its a fact that men have 0 rights when it comes to things like this and if we want to be equals then stuff like this also needs to change.
    Its not the 50's anymore, Women make at least the same amount of money as men and almost all have full time careers.
    Most men also do 50% of the chores these days. Like I said its not the 50's. Lets move on.
    How do men not have any rights? Men can get custody, women can be obligated to pay child support. Now, if you want to argue that some jurisdictions do not give men a fair shake in gaining custody, I completely agree. That should change, gender should have no role in who gets custody of a child.

As for women making just as much money, that's not technically true. Depending on the field, they tend to make anywhere from 91-95% of what men make, when basing it on equal jobs and experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Proving you paid money to a former spouse is quite easy... use checks or direct account transfers.

You made assumptions about what could have happened, without knowing everything that happened. You literally did the exact same thing you accused someone else of doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is permanent. Why should I sterilise myself to get the same security and rights women get by default.

- - - Updated - - -

So to have the same rights as a woman I need to cut off my balls. Yeah, that's totally equality.

Pretty much how feminists want it to be tho.

A woman can abort in case of an accident. A man cannot.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, betas projecting their frustrations onto others. Happens all the time.

Just remember, little buddy. Even if you're too scared to stand up for what's right there's people like me who'll do it for you. You're not alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Who said anything about these traits combined?

All it takes for a man's life to be ruined is for a woman he has sex with to lie about contraception or change his mind about abortion.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, so when a man has sex he chooses parenthood, but when a woman has sex she doesn't because it's her body rawr.

No, son, that's not equality. If a woman has full control over her future so should a man. To give women power over men is not equality.

If a man has to never fuck to have the same sense of security women have by default that's not equality.

Except it's not, because you get sent to jail if you don't pay child support.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you don't have to SEE the kid to be sued for child support. She got off easy, she peaced out and pays nothing. That's what should be the default.

No, what happens is that men have to pay without wanting to be in the kid's life. If a man wants to be a dad to the kid he'll have no problem paying for it.
    All I see is a guy who wants to continue arguing that he should not be held responsibility for the consequences of his actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    The way the law works though, even if he had paid child support, if he suddenly became rich he'd still have to pay more...and that's fucked up.

A couple of people I know are barely making ends meet with two full time jobs due to child support. Basically if they work their ass off and get ahead in life they become even more penalized than they already are. This is a fucked up system.
    the system is designed to go both ways on that. Either parent can address the court if the one making payments has a change in income.

I think there is a reasonable argument that can be made to make it the same dollar amount, regardless of income. The only issue I see is that it may negatively impact poorer people, but I would be fine with such a change.

In the case of this, it seems the court ended with a high final sum in order to punish for being a deadbeat dad.

http://family.findlaw.com/child-supp...ging-jobs.html
    Last edited by Machismo; 2018-02-23 at 03:22 PM.

Yes, they are. They're slaving away for a decision you made.
    You keep talking about all this slaving away while bragging about being on unemployment and living off the government. And all this talk of responsibility dodging, it is almost like it makes sense that you're unemployed. I'm sure you'll tell me something wonderful like you are a student and shouldn't have to work. Seems like there is a theme in your life, do whatever I want and let someone else worry about the consequences. I sense mother issues greatly in this one.

A decision you both make not a decision one person makes. Sex has the possible outcome of a child, the law says you're responsible for your fair share, and your total ignorance on the way the child support system works is impressive. I'm not sure you could have this little knowledge even burying your head in the sand.

But I'm sure your response will be something overly clever and dismissive. We've layed the facts out, you have your opinions, no reason to keep feeding. Keep the gold digger fantasy alive, I'm sure it will serve you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    You should see a better CPA or Attorney. A child that lives with you more than half the year you should be able to claim, unless you relinquished your right to claim them. If that is the case you need to modify your custody agreement.
    Or I’d rather not rock the boat since he is supposed to be living with her. She just lets him stay with me because I live in a better school district.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...sted-1.4546345

Nice try buddy but over here we respect the rule of law. Don`t try to hide from justice in Canada.
    Exactly, you'd think someone who sold an internet business for $2m would at least google which countries to avoid extradition in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    I'm sure you'll tell me something wonderful like you are a student and shouldn't have to work.
    I'm a student and I don't work
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself