Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Didn't they say that mission tables wouldn't return and the tech would be used for warfronts or something like that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I absolutely hate them and hope they disappear. They serve no purpose but to force you to feel like you have to log in constantly to maintain them. Sure, you CAN skip them, but theres a reason my friend makes a good 800k a month off his table missions and I make nothing off them. Makes me feel like I'm having a shitty mobile game shoved down my throat.

I also don't own a smartphone, which makes it even more aggravating. I'm at a significant disadvantage because I don't want to pay a lot more per month for a phone I'll never use. I signed up to kill monsters and run around in an open world, not click on a table and receive gratification.
    I have the app but I am usually too annoyed by it to really check on anything (why does it have to disable my mp3 app?). I just log through my characters which have enough resources once a day from my laptop and that's it. Since I also have the impression, that gold missions have become more rare, it's seems to be not worth the time to check all characters more than once. Also, you burn resources faster, which forces you to do some stupid emissaries which I don't really need anymore because I already have all paragon rewards. I am already in my minimum maintaining mode, and want to spend my game time on activities which are more fun.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-02-23 at 03:31 PM.

I would honestly be shocked if Blizz doesn't have a Mission Table system in BfA. It's free stuff with little effort and I can do it from my phone.

It's also been quite successful for Blizz. It's a simple timesink that keeps people subbed and requires very little work/maintenance. They can quickly and easily add new content to it without much coding (which makes it quite efficient since upkeep is so low outside of the phone app).

anyone that likes the mission tables timegating out story is a fucking cancerous tumor that should be removed.

I really hope we don't have any more mission tables in BfA. It was a system I was initially fine with, but as time goes on it becomes more and more of a chore that detracts from the core gameplay. Admittedly this was mostly due to having to return to a specific location (usually located behind a couple of loading screens) in order to use them. If the interface was updated with a way to manage these things from anywhere in the world then I'd probably be fine with them.

I'm not overly fond of them, but I AM overly fond of the gold I make from them. Keep them, please.

The datamining for the mission table stuff so far indicates its definitely "mission table lite" with very few counters and troops. Its more like a war effort/campaign table where you infrequently send troops on missions(not heroes/followers) and is likely staying put as a source of bi-monthly raid cache, azerite missions, tradeskill resources and other non-important shit.

I enjoyed both versions of the mission table we had so far(three versions if you count shipyard) because its more content, gives me shit to do while in work(via the app) and at times had rare rewards like heirloom rings, mounts, toys etc.

People just have horrid memories of sustaining 10+ garrisons because they felt compelled to earn max gold per day, when gold hasn't been relevant since Vanilla wow....

if its like in Legion, im ok with it. In WoD it was way to much
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2018-02-23 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    As long as I don't have to increase my champions' item level and complete missions to progress the story, I don't mind.

But if they make it mandatory again like it was in legion -completing the Class Hall story line IS NOT optional content- then that's a bummer.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2018-02-23 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I really hope we don't have any more mission tables in BfA. It was a system I was initially fine with, but as time goes on it becomes more and more of a chore that detracts from the core gameplay. Admittedly this was mostly due to having to return to a specific location (usually located behind a couple of loading screens) in order to use them. If the interface was updated with a way to manage these things from anywhere in the world then I'd probably be fine with them.
    Neverwinter has a browser solution for managing your tradeskill missions. I found this to be superior compared to the WoW app. The app has too many fancy things I don't need at all when I just want to check my missions. Like, why do I have to know the active emissaries or invasions, if I am not at home and cannot participate in these? This is a completely useless information in a companion app. They should just have replicated the mission table interface from the game, and added character selection on top.

And don't let me start on the Argus follower things. You can have a full stack of them in your character's bags, but unfortunately, you cannot replenish them when not in the game. And you also cannot buy new if you are not in the game. This makes the app also kinda worthless. Same goes for the goodies your followers sometimes yield after completing the mission, like items which can replenish 1 health for your troops, or let you gain 1 troop. Again, cannot be used in the app, because it's in your character's bags.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-02-23 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    -completing the Class Hall story line IS NOT optional content-
    Well, it is optional now. So no reason they can't use lessons learnt to make mission table 3.0 better

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Not gonna reject free stuff.
    Exactly this ^^^

That doesn't really look like an actual mission table. Just a prop for the two to discuss strategy over.

10+ Year Old Account
    And again drama happends, just usual day on MMO-Champion.

I don't get it what's wrong with people who don't like it? Yep it might be bad in WoD, but in Legion was ok. But nvm really don't want any answer on second thought.

They should make it account wide though imo, this would prevent insane gold inflation too but make alts less annoying.

I fucking hate the mission table with the fire of ten-thousand burning suns. It's nothing but a way to get their engagement metrics up to please investors and executives. It's a half-baked, lazy as fuck design that serves very little gameplay purpose outside of gating content and stretching it out over an unorganic amount of time.

The mission table is a monument to how Blizzard's design philosophy has changed, for better or worse they measure the games success by how often and how much players are engaging with the game in any way. Now, this isn't at all me bashing modern WoW, just this aspect of it. I love this game but I absolutely cannot stand how they present these kinds of systems as genuine content that they created because they thought it would be fun. Titanforging is exactly like this, it's obvious to everyone why it's in the game, yet Blizzard will defend it until the very end of it's lifespan.

WoW has always been a game that has a carrot on a stick design philosophy, which is core to an MMORPG experience but in the end I feel it has gone too far. Just my 2C.

5+ Year Old Account
    Farmville is an official part of WoW now, sadly. Plebs love it because they don't even need to play the game to get things.
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    And again drama happends, just usual day on MMO-Champion.

I don't get it what's wrong with people who don't like it? Yep it might be bad in WoD, but in Legion was ok. But nvm really don't want any answer on second thought.
    it was completely fucking mandatory in legion. you couldn't finish your order hall story without doing stupid ass 8hr shit constantly.

when the game tells you to fuck off and not play it for 8hrs, that's a bad design. anyone supporting it is garbage.

Deleted
    Garrison mission table and Shityard table were like the only content besides pvp/raiding so it made players hate them...

In Legion there is more to do outside and follower missions aren't that much prominent as they used to be in WoD so it's an improvement...

I wouldn't mind the Champion system (probably without the leveling) with bodyguards outside in the world

It currently is not a mission table. You chose your questing zone like you did in legion.