Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It may fit human paladin, but draenei looks bad, especially legs position. Looks like goat on ice.

Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpartialSteamyYakinikuArgieB8
    This is the kind of sh@t that i was talking about on a previous thread about new Paladin animations. The compulsive need that Blizzard has to change things that DO NOT need to be changed. It's completely beyond me how spell animations from 2004 can look superior than animations made in 2018. I certainly hope there is a glyph that reverts this kind of change.
    Please don't touch my Light of Dawn.
    The 2004 animation is maybe 1 or 2% of what this animation is. You're so far out of your mind it makes this thread fucking hilarious.
    Like it goes beyond opinion and preference, at a party where people say what their favorite food is you're the guy who says he loves to eat shit and everyone gives you weird looks not sure if it's a joke or not but then they see shit around your mouth and people leave and it's really awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
    I LOVE it!

It really incorporates that Paladin plus libram fantasy I've personally always wanted. Channeling positive energy from the pages of holy scripture.

Yea I wonder who wrote that "holy scripture"

Deleted
    Looks incredible if a bit stiff.

Wish I could flick through a book when casting Arcane Blast on my Mage.

Do you actually look at your character while healing? I personally like the animation, but I doubt I notice it when healing a raid/dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Wait a moment, i have to reread the spell before i can heal you..."
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

A little wonky, but I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    HAHAHA i so into that animation that i would be down for a caster that used books as a main weapon and needed to go through it's pages everytime he started to cast a spell.
    I think that would look sick!!!
    "Vile fiend! Feel the power of the Light! No wait, that was on page 246... Just a second."

Im jealous as a prot warrior and veng dh with boring spell animations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its obviously better than the current one but im curious about my characters literacy now. Gotta keep reading the same page in the healing cook book for how to properly cast holy light.... paladin literacy needs be to addressed, which is odd considering how much intellect paladins have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuniqt View Post
    Its obviously better than the current one but im curious about my characters literacy now. Gotta keep reading the same page in the healing cook book for how to properly cast holy light.... paladin literacy needs be to addressed, which is odd considering how much intellect paladins have.
    Really....lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Beautiful. I like it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

clearly the diablo3 team has taken over animations. First we summon a horse for 3 seconds out of nowhere, and now we get to flip 500 pages through a book. Glad I stopped playing my pally after WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    The 2004 animation is maybe 1 or 2% of what this animation is. You're so far out of your mind it makes this thread fucking hilarious.
    Like it goes beyond opinion and preference, at a party where people say what their favorite food is you're the guy who says he loves to eat shit and everyone gives you weird looks not sure if it's a joke or not but then they see shit around your mouth and people leave and it's really awkward.
    Not just the spell Holy Light was better, in general the Holy Light as a spell school looked (much) better. A simple example is the effect of the Tabard of the Lightbringer which used the same assets as the Holy Light spell. Not only did the changes look awkward and broken but they were unneeded as well. Holy Light up until 3.0 was our most powerful spell and to be honest the animation (even if a bit simple for todays standards) looked sharp and clean. Even the effect around our character's hands looked better, not just the spell itself. The same goes for the Holy/Disc Priest spells. Changes for the sake of change always fail (just look at the Holy Priest, a completely disjointed mess).
    The 2004 animation is literally evoking the blinding power of the Holy Light to heal your part member. The current one is your character materializing a book from thin air to just flip through 20 pages (without looking at them) and then cast a 1 or 2% of what the original Holy Light was.Like it goes beyond opinion and preference, at a party where people say what their favorite food is you're the guy who says he loves to eat shit and everyone gives you weird looks not sure if it's a joke or not but then they see shit around your mouth and people leave and it's really awkward.
    For the Glory of Mankind

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the spell animation, but I don't think it works well for Holy Light since it's a filler spell basically. Maybe use that animation for some big casted CD that holy gets and add a slightly less flashy type animation to HL and FoL. But honestly OMG LIBRAM!!!

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looks amazing. I hope Holy Shock is literally a Beam of Light akin to a single target Chain Heal.

Deleted
    This effect remind me of warcraft 3 when paladin cast heal like this ...MACE and book ooo sweet memories

I love it, just make it worth casting.

Deleted
    It would be ok for a CD, but a spell you could potentially cast a lot, people may think it's ok, but after one instance it'll be annoying as fuck

BRB rerolling pally!

Looks very nice, it is a extremly needed update. finally good job blizz!
    Jsut make us look into the book a bit more aswell and a bit more details like maybe the page glows up for the cast.