Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean let's not forget that Grom led the Iron Horde against the playable Horde and killed a ton of them too. (Remember Durotan's poor brother). If they put him in charge it would just be continuing what in my opinion was the absolute stupidest moment in WoW's story. I want the unlock quest for Mag'har to show that Grommash has been executed or rotting in a jail cell with his closest compatriots where he belongs for the wrongs he did to the Frostwolves -and- the Draenei.

It's uncertain for now who leads the Mag'har Horde. Durotan and Grommash are the two chieftains left. Obviously one of these will remain on Draenor, and the other will come to Azeroth. If Draka and Durotan weren't inseparable, Draka would have been an option too. But she and Durotan will either stay and lead on Draenor, or come to Azeroth.

To me it makes more sense that Grommash is no longer Warchief, and Durotan has taken that role. And thus stays behind on Draenor. Grommash has been a failure of a warchief, and he is more in place on a war-torn Azeroth than a peaceful Draenor. But I suppose if Durotan wants to repay his debt to Azeroth, he could make the mistake his son Go'el Thrall made, and put a Hellscream in charge of his Horde.

I have no problem with Grommash getting somewhat of a redemption arc. He is a stubborn fool, always has been. But he did get tricked by Garrosh into being an invader. I do feel he too suffers from Blizzard removing the middle tier from WoD. He'd have been more sympathetic if he had temporarily called for a truce, so that the Horde, Alliance and Iron Horde could focus on the defeat of the Legion in Shattrath, for example.

It made sense at the end of WoD for the Draenei to spare Grommash, because they value their people, and Grommash was the orc that could have the remaining clans stand down from fighting. Grommash could quickly bring peace, whereas killing him would mean months more of bloodshed to quell the remaining hostilities. However, Yrel should really have punched Grommash in the head and told him that he has much to answer for, at the end of all that. But hey, maybe Yrel will come to Azeroth as well?
    Last edited by Caerule; 2018-02-23 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    To be honest he had Tanaan, most of Nagrand, and a bit of Frostfire thanks to the Thunderlord Clan. His attacks into Frostfire and Shadowmoon were routed, and as soon as he conquered Shattrath the Shadow Council attacked and kicked him out. Despite being the primary villain he actually had very little coverage of the land. Unlike in BC and Wrath where you could hardly move 10 steps without running into Illidari/Legion/Scourge.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how that would work. Saurfang gained notoriety by being a veteran of the First, Second, and Third Wars. Which didn't happen yet in the AU world. It would be like throwing around the name of a famous general who served in both WWI and WWII... in 1910.
    Well in all honesty Grom was fighting on multiple fronts. Without Azeroth interfering he'd have easily taken Draenor.

One of the new female flirts also wonders if Saurfang is single.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    One of the new female flirts also wonders if Saurfang is single.
    That's the diversity people have been asking for for so long, gerontophilia and stuff.

And people say Blizz don't listen to them...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Remember when Wrathion and Kairoz planned the Iron Horde as Azeroth's allies, but Garrosh completely messed it up? Good times.

It's not completely impossible to "redeem" AU Grom, he was tricked into a position of war. All the crazy warlords are dead.
    Brother, what should he redeem himself from? Even if he were to free all of draenei from their mortal shells, it still would be true to his orcish nature. There is nothing wrong about war of aggression. May Grommash fill Garrosh spot. Bring new age of divine slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    So the Iron Horde Orcs are the only one that will have straight backs and not the old corrupted Orcs?
    Straight-back option will be at the barbershop for green orcs.

Not sure if the Draenor orcs will have straight backs by default.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Well in all honesty Grom was fighting on multiple fronts. Without Azeroth interfering he'd have easily taken Draenor.
    Well, that was the point of us going there in the first place. Striking back before he had a chance to conquer those other fronts and focus entirely on us.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    I mean let's not forget that Grom led the Iron Horde against the playable Horde and killed a ton of them too. (Remember Durotan's poor brother). If they put him in charge it would just be continuing what in my opinion was the absolute stupidest moment in WoW's story. I want the unlock quest for Mag'har to show that Grommash has been executed or rotting in a jail cell with his closest compatriots where he belongs for the wrongs he did to the Frostwolves -and- the Draenei.
    And that's why we don't let the Alliance decide what should happen to a Horde race. I could ask for any Alliance leader to suffer as well, but it would be whining.

If only they hadn't unceremoniously killed Doomhammer. Could've given much more interesting developments when they join the Horde than Durotan/Grommash.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    Grom won't take any of that Blight crap from Sylvanas. New leadership challenge for da' Horde?
    by the forsaken elite guards and diverse and rebirth of the Kor'kron I don't think she's going anywhere soon unless Saurfang rebels.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Straight-back option will be at the barbershop for green orcs.

Not sure if the Draenor orcs will have straight backs by default.
    Male mag'har orcs straight up have a /silly about visiting the chiropractor in Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "We want brown orcs"
    "Here, have brown orcs"
    "Happy?"

"No, the implementation is shit based on .....something ...."

Whatever it is, there will be complaints....
    If people don't complain about something then the devs are free to do whatever they want not knowing and may I say fearing of implementing something terribly wrong and letting it go live. The Mag'har Orcs are fine on either side but they're absolutely going to Horde at this point from what we've seen. The problem some of us have is Grom, one of the if not /worst/ character in WoD, is being added as their Warchief.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Considering he butchered every warlock in Orgrimmar prior to the raid, I'd say he has quite a bit of a problem with green orcs. It would make sense that if a brown orc went around painting himself green and going 'woo look at me' that Garrosh would beat his ass. It would be like if 90% of mankind came down with leprosy, for instance, and a healthy guy paints bruises on himself. Very not cool.
    no, he has a problem with warlocks, not green orcs, a lot of his followers were green orcs, like nazgrin

Finally a strong orc

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it too early to say "I can wait no longer" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    Guldan literally threw him around. It was a very public defeat. In both timelines, his spotty leadership resulted in the Orcs becoming controlled by the legion.
    still he couldnt do anything in the throne of kil'jaeden, when 3 days before he drank mannoroth blood. in 6.1 cinematic basically we saw guldan taunting grommash to attack him frontally and mindlessly, a trap. not a duel or anything similar.
    and his "spotty" leadership basically lead to the edge of conquer stormwind in a blitzkrieg if we didnt go in a suicide mission freeing guldan and his shadow council. we lead the event to the legion invasion, we destroyed all garrosh and grommash create to make an horde fel free. i mean, surely we did the right thing to our survival, but this is far to be "absolute good", we nearly condemned 2 planets as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    still he couldnt do anything in the throne of kil'jaeden, when 3 days before he drank mannoroth blood. in 6.1 cinematic basically we saw guldan taunting grommash to attack him frontally and mindlessly, a trap. not a duel or anything similar.
    and his "spotty" leadership basically lead to the edge of conquer stormwind in a blitzkrieg if we didnt go in a suicide mission freeing guldan and his shadow council. we lead the event to the legion invasion, we destroyed all garrosh and grommash create to make an horde fel free. i mean, surely we did the right thing to our survival, but this is far to be "absolute good", we nearly condemned 2 planets as a result.
    Right. Falling for a pretty juvenile trap is the sign of a bad leader.

We didn't "condemn 2 planets." The orcs did. They committed literal genocide and then tried to attack another planet. They lost and one of them went on to summon demons. We beat them and then we beat the demons. Everything we did was "good." Ignoring genocide because demons might come next is the "evil" action.

You can't start wars and then blame the people you attack for defending themselves. You can't use demon magic to power your magic portal and then blame people you attack when that magic gets out of control.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    Right. Falling for a pretty juvenile trap is the sign of a bad leader.
    yeah, no one is perfect

You can't start wars and then blame the people you attack for defending themselves. You can't use demon magic to power your magic portal and then blame people you attack when that magic gets out of control.
    you can blame the people who make the portal out of control, when we free gul'dan instead of killing him we pretty much fucked up, thats also why grom sill alive, ironic right? without him we would have kill him normally

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Grom has no place in the horde or on Azeroth, he’s a genocidel war lord who should have been put to death in wod. There is no possible excluse for any thing he did he wanted to wipe out the goats and Azeroth just for the sake of being able to rule them.