Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is unofficially confirmed that it is Kultirans.
    And no, there will never be Orcs. It just cant happen.
    As for Vulpera, i dotn like them not because they are cute, but because they are not core WoW races.
    Let us first get all the core races, and then the fluff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want more subraces tbh. I would prefer a complete rework of char customization including bodytypes etc. I don't want to see snake people, foxes or birdman in my raids ...

// edit: on the other Hand ... a fat Kul Tiran Rogue Lady to troll and gank other players would make my day xD
    Last edited by Piesor; 2018-02-23 at 12:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can someone link Kul Tiras heritage armor? Can't find.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    So we can basically infer the next batch of allied races to be announced will be...

1. Draenor Orcs
    2. Vulpera
    3. Kul Tiran (Bulky) Human
    4. ???

Sethrak have been brought up as a candidate, but the Horde will apparently work with a rebel group to bring down the sethrak Emperor. Tortollans have also been proposed as a candidate but they seem to also live on Zandalar and work with the Horde to commune with Torga, a turtle loa. Thin humans are also a proposed candidate, but that would be extreme human overkill.

So based on what we know, my prediction is the Alliance will either get broken or quilboar.
    Orc variant for horde (maghar) and human variant for ali (kultiran). Seems pretty obvious.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    Plus, having LION saberons on Alliance? They use a lion as a brand on their emblem.
    I had this exact thought this morning! Weird.

Deleted
    Broken would be great just need a female model. Plot line writes itself, Vindicaar saves then from Argus and they team up with already Allaince Broken.

Also would be thematically paired with Brown Orcs. With shared routes in Dreanor.

I'm rooting for Broken or Sethrak

Whatever it is, it better be a freaking Druid race!
    Last edited by Amunrasonther; 2018-02-23 at 02:55 PM.

Quillboar ironically have the best chance right now, they are only on the Alliance set of islands and just introduced a female model (similar to Vulpera only being on Zandalar and being one of the few new races with a female model).

Personally expecting Vrykul. Maybe new models will have some influence from Kultirans?

Deleted
    It might be some race that will be added in future patches (like Lightforged) or made up in the "after-patch" (like Void Elves).

Also, Vulpera use Goblin skeletons, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    It might be some race that will be added in future patches (like Lightforged) or made up in the "after-patch" (like Void Elves).

Also, Vulpera use Goblin skeletons, don't they?
    This is the biggest indicator that it will be something to do with Dragons: we know they are part of the BFA story due to the Chromie scenario, and unless that is being ignored there are no dragons yet on the two islands. If they add Dragon Isles as a content patch we may see our new race (which has been speculated to dragons like the mutant bosses in Blackwing, that use Worgen animations)

Seeing as how races like Worgen and Tauren have always had hideous helm-display problems, I don’t see that as a disqualifying characteristic of playable Sethrak. The Sethrak are easily one of the more interesting races added in BfA, and the Alliance helping them out while the Horde aids the Vulpera makes playable Sethrak more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am thinking night elf worgen as the potential 4th. Think this would come with the new worgen models as well, while also making the ne models different, maybe with a similar concept as that one person's with antlers added and runic tattoos to keep them from going full feral.

Otherwise, they maybe add broken, from outland as a playable race, since we cannot actually get back to argus (illidans portal is closed), but I have my doubts on a second draenai race.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They already said Vulpera will NOT be allied races. Get over it.
    They did not. They came up with a meager explanation for why Vulpera showed up in the chrraces.dbc file, but even there explanation doesn't add up.

The Vulpera are currently assigned Character Creation and Select Screen UI data in the database, which are not and have never been used for any of the NPC races. That means that on an internal developer build, right now, you can literally create a playable Vulpera, but you can't create a Vrykul or a Tuskarr or any of those.

The Vulpera already have standard Mantid/Mogu/etc. style NPC race models in the monster database, with various armor geosets and textures to customize their appearances. There's absolutely no reason to give them a full assortment of character customization options and Character Creation / Selection UI options if they aren't meant to be playable.

Also, last I saw, the Kul Tiran models aren't actually flagged with Character Creation and Select Screen UI data. However I haven't seen the latest chrraces.dbc file yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    Which race hate the Draenor orcs the most that they would join the Alliance?

Saberons
    or au draenor draenei hooray you get 3rd eredar races
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    As much as i want nagas.

Blizzard said that all Two legged were considered.

Which means no Naga.
    Dark trolls maybe...Brann said the shadowtooth clan may be still around in those caves in hyjal.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Vulpera use Goblin skeletons and Draenor orcs comes from AU i think saberon not so wild quess who use worgen skeleton and also from AU Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Broken would be great just need a female model. Plot line writes itself, Vindicaar saves then from Argus and they team up with already Allaince Broken.

Also would be thematically paired with Brown Orcs. With shared routes in Dreanor.
    Broken Classes: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, Shaman, Druid

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Most likely the reason why they are going with races that could be pushed together with other existing race lorewise.
    Actually, that makes sense. With the exception of Void Elves and maybe the Nightborne which are no longer connected to the races they are similar to.

Kul'Tiran Humans and Stormwind Humans might have different culture and some different story but at the end of the day they have a lot of history with each other going back to when the original Alliance was founded.

Draenor Orcs will fit right in with Orgrimmar Orcs because we've already seen the Outland Mag'har fit right in.

Highmountain Tauren will fit right in with regular Tauren.

Zandalari Trolls will fit right in with Darkspear Trolls (though I should say Darkspear will fit right in with Zandalari because nobody wants to live in the 3 huts that the Darkspear call home)

Dark Iron already fits in with the Bronzebeard Dwarves (as well as The Wildhammer)

Lightforged Draenei really are just Draenei anyway.

I do however think Void Elves in particular will have a pretty big story moving forward. At least Alleria will and whatever she does they'll gain from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    If Vulpera use Goblin skeletons and Draenor orcs comes from AU i think saberon not so wild quess who use worgen skeleton and also from AU Draenor.
    Saberon would be a cool fucking choice. I just don't think Blizz remembers them.

I think they work for many different reasons such as you said, they can use the Worgen skeleton which would offer both a male and female thing (though they'd have to create a new female model I guess)

They are furry so they appeal to those nutcases.

They are also badass instead of cutesy so they would kinda be the exception to those that dislike animal races. This wouldn't be a panda/vulpera situation. This would be more of a Tauren/Worgen thing.

Different fur colors, different stripes/spots, armor would fit them well. It'd be interesting to see them with hair or at least manes.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2018-02-23 at 04:14 PM.

Quilboar seem to have the highest chance right now (but I don't think they're happening). They have both male and female models, they have separate eyeball models (unlike sethrak, for now), they are enemies of the tauren, a horde race. Problems: they seem to be antagonists in stormsong; their spikes would not accomodate cloaks and other technical difficulties;
    As off right now Kultiras seem to be lacking potential allied races in comparison to Zandalar. Maybe there's still more to be seen.
    But the drust seem to be human or ghostly human, and I don't think we're gonna get 2 human allied races in a row. I don't think we'll have vrykul either, we're not going to get two giant humans in a row.
    I really want something new and different (like the vulpera are for the horde). Quilboar is a weird choice, but I'd probably play them because they are indeed so weird. Excited for new developments though