Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    The Dreadguard? They've been in the game since at least Wrath...
    Sylvanas doesn't appear to be a person to dig information regarding Zandalari at all. In fact she was always ignorant of others as long as she cought a memo on how to get access to immortality.
    You only know he has his own agenda because of spoilers, I sincerely doubt he was written to have them all the way back during Cataclysm.
    Sure.. if you skip Shadows of the Horde Novel.

How were they respected? They were just a bunch of Gurubashi exiles, the latter leaving Zandalar milennia ago.
    Well I'm basing that from Vanilla quests. And Darkspears were respected for being the only tribe from Gurubashi that denied Hakkar, this was the reason why there were so oppressed that they had to leave. On Yojamba one of Rastakhan's hand mentioned also that "Vol'Jin is a rare breed". How would he know if he wouldn't meet him before in any way?

Anyway I get what you're people saying, I'm just disappointed with the implementation of it, that Sylvanas out of nowhere said to go for Zandalari. And minutes later Anduin sais that "Horde has powerful allies" - how come if getting reputation from them is meant to take quite a while.

Shouldn't it make more sense that it's Anuin that makes first move, and Jaina goes to Kul'Tiras, and Horde learns of it while infiltrating Sotormwing for Saurfang and by accident going to Zandalar?

Especially when on Blizzcon that was the hinted order.

But I digress.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    I mean just look at the customization preview from Wowhead, then go into the Dressing Room and you'll see the Draenor Orc skin options that aren't in the customization preview.

Eh, close enough. And I say that as someone who will probably make a Blackrock orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Can't wait to let them teach me Braised Turtle.
    They should have the necessary insight.
    Ah, the racist monkeys are at it again...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Guys I don't want to sound the alarm, but I've been checking the quilboar models (who have both male and female models) and they are player ready animation wise. They have separate eyeball models, they have all of the animations that other races have (kultirans, for example, don't even have that yet), AND, most importantly, their emotes are all expressive in their facial rigging. Their spell animations, attack animations, emotes, all are incredibly detailed in their facial animations. On the same level as vulpera are right now (and any other playable race at the exception of the poor goblins and worgen).

EDIT: If you guys want to check it out on the modelviewer as well. http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/131243-quilboar-brute
    I mean, I would argue their animations are even further along than vulpera. Las time I checked, vulpera had some expressive facial movements in some animations, but not all. In some they still had a black stare.
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2018-02-23 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Eh, close enough. And I say that as someone who will probably make a Blackrock orc.
    More than close enough; the new Blackrock skin looks fantastic. I love their smouldering eyes far, far more than the really jank and boring glowing ones.

If only they did the same with Zandalari. :T

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Dude honestly, who cares?

Think of it like an embassy between China and the US, but this time Trump decides to have his american business men take care of international relations instead of americans with a chinese heritage. It's just to get the main point across, we're at war with the Alliance.
    That comparison has just trumped my worst fears for BfA.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Guys I don't want to sound the alarm, but I've been checking the quilboar models (who have both male and female models) and they are player ready animation wise. They have separate eyeball models, they have all of the animations that other races have (kultirans, for example, don't even have that yet), AND, most importantly, their emotes are all expressive in their facial rigging. Their spell animations, attack animations, emotes, all are incredibly detailed in their facial animations. On the same level as vulpera are right now (and any other playable race at the exception of the poor goblins and worgen).

EDIT: If you guys want to check it out on the modelviewer as well.
    I mean, I would argue their animations are even further along than vulpera. Las time I checked, vulpera had some expressive facial movements in some animations, but not all. In some they still had a black stare.
    This is disturbing and intriguing.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account

EDIT: If you guys want to check it out on the modelviewer as well. http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/131243-quilboar-brute
    Crazy how a game company puts details on NPC's

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    You know, I was just thinking.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/HDfEBYu.png[IMG]

This is Garrosh Hellscream, yeah? Hunched over and ugly.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/c9r4s2x.png[IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/CgaKGru.png[IMG]

With the new Mag'har orc class armor (+Tusks of Mannoroth) as well as the high quality brown texture skin, COMBINED with the option to stand upright... Playable Garrosh orcs are going to look like a better Garrosh than the actual Garrosh does.
    He's probably used to it by now, even vanilla player models look better than whatever the hell his Cata model is supposed to be
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quilboar as the Alliance equivalent of the Vulpera? Could make sense, with the Horde solidifying their power in central Kalimdor, the Quilboar might be pushed south, to whatever remains of Theramore's presence in Dustwallow.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2018-02-23 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Autoconnect

I want Drakonids for the Alliance.

Those brutes use the tauren skeleton. So they have all the animations that tauren have.

The normal quilboar have a, as far as I can tell, brand new skeleton, but with limited animations that fit their NPC nature.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to playable quilboar, seeing how they look now. But they'd probably have to be a rather specific subspecies of intelligent ones, much like ogres or gnolls.
    Our characters aren't always the brightest, but they can all read, speak several languages fluently and be willing to help pretty much anyone in their travels.

From what we've seen, quilboar are not capable of becoming the sort of adventurer or hero our characters are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    He's probably used to it by now, even vanilla player models look better than whatever the hell his Cata model is supposed to be
    The model that's quoted there is SoO quality.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

do we know all the clans that will be in Draenor orcs?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Its clearly the latter, Wowhead even says in the news post that the race customisation isn't unfinished ingame so they are using the NPC skins. There is no guarantee that we'll get anything other than shades of Brown, but Wowhead is being Wowhead and just going rogue to mislead/clickbait readers.
    Maybe you should start datamining and learn the processing how we do some stuff, so u can talk about that.
    In new Beta Build Blizzard added 240+ textures related to Maghar Orcs, I discovered those filenames and they are related to same model files like:
    OrcClan weapon models and armor sets, also the MAghar Mount. There is connections with naming. Also we got Voice Overs over 500+ voice overs for Maghar Orcs, flirts, insults, jokes, etc, something that even connects that those stuff will be playable. I don't remember Blizzard adding 500 VO for some unplayable characters. Same shit happens with all playable Allied Races. I can 100% be sure that Maghar Orcs are next playable race based on the files that are pushed in the client, and some part of the data.

We are working on bringing up Maghar ORc char customization on dressing room, since female version have some data, while Male version = 0 ...

Oh btw about those NPC skins, that's just say how much Blizzard was lazy and did just copy past the old shits, and rename them. Except they added I think new Face Textures and underwear. I hope they will bring up more updates or modify the current skins. Also tattoes are welcome. But atm nothing like that.

Also this tells me that we won't get new Model for MAgharOrcs, because they put the textures files in Character\Orc\....
    Last edited by Stiven; 2018-02-23 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Those brutes use the tauren skeleton. So they have all the animations that tauren have.

The normal quilboar have a, as far as I can tell, brand new skeleton, but with limited animations that fit their NPC nature.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to playable quilboar, seeing how they look now. But they'd probably have to be a rather specific subspecies of intelligent ones, much like ogres or gnolls.
    Our characters aren't always the brightest, but they can all read, speak several languages fluently and be willing to help pretty much anyone in their travels.

From what we've seen, quilboar are not capable of becoming the sort of adventurer or hero our characters are.
    Yes it's true, they have some of the same animations as tauren. But borrowing a skeleton only takes you so far. As was the case for vulpera, facial animations and rigging need to be newly developed. Vulpera are still halfway, for example. These quilboar are fully animated in their facial expressions in all animations as far as I could tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    Maybe you should start datamining and learn the processing how we do some stuff, so u can talk about that.
    In new Beta Build Blizzard added 240+ textures related to Maghar Orcs, I discovered those filenames and they are related to same model files like:
    OrcClan weapon models and armor sets, also the MAghar Mount. There is connections with naming. Also we got Voice Overs over 500+ voice overs for Maghar Orcs, flirts, insults, jokes, etc, something that even connects that those stuff will be playable. I don't remember Blizzard adding 500 VO for some unplayable characters. Same shit happens with all playable Allied Races. I can 100% be sure that Maghar Orcs are next playable race based on the files that are pushed in the client, and some part of the data.

We are working on bringing up Maghar ORc char customization on dressing room, since female version have some data, while Male version = 0 ...

Oh btw about those NPC skins, that's just say how much Blizzard was lazy and did just copy past the old shits, and rename them. Except they added I think new Face Textures and underwear. I hope they will bring up more updates or modify the current skins. Also tattoes are welcome. But atm nothing like that.

Also this tells me that we won't get new Model for MAgharOrcs, because they put the textures files in Character\Orc\....
    Not bashing your work but in fairness, Mag'har are really not that much different from regular Orcs.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yes it's true, they have some of the same animations as tauren. But borrowing a skeleton only takes you so far. As was the case for vulpera, facial animations and rigging need to be newly developed. Vulpera are still halfway, for example. These quilboar are fully animated in their facial expressions in all animations as far as I could tell.
    Who would on earth roll a quilboar?

Probably even 1 year of free game time could convince me.

Yes it's true, they some of the same animations as tauren. But borrowing a skeleton only takes you so far. As was the case for vulpera, facial animations and rigging need to be newly developed. Vulpera are still halfway, for example. These quilboar are fully animated in their facial expressions in all animations as far as I could tell.
    Vulpera borrow their skeleton from goblins, who don't currently have facial rigging. The canine face is very different from a goblin anyway, so they're getting their own rigging*, that takes time.

The WoD tauren skeleton has dozens of bones for the face, all animated for emotes and such. They just attached those existing bones to the quilboar face, which is similar enough not to require too many adjustments.

*And I imagine they're killing two birds with one stone by making dog-goblin-people, as they'll probably reuse the facial bones from the Vulpera for the worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not bashing your work but in fairness, Mag'har are really not that much different from regular Orcs.
    Neither are Highmountain from regular tauren, Lightforged from regular draenei or Dark Iron from regular dwarves. Half of the allied races have already been extremely similar to existing races, and the other half aren't too much further away from theirs.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2018-02-23 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah WoWhead commented that the Forsaken in Zuldazar are straight backed. I am guessing EVERYONE gets a straight back?
    Are we sure this isn't a custom idle animation for them? Seems like blizzard would have told us if they planned to include straight backed Forsaken.