Poll: What is your opinion on Turalyon?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    i created an account only to say this:
    i main alliance and yet i would love to play horde only to kill him, hes one of the most boring characters in the game, hes even more boring than khadgar, and that says alot.

i want characters to be more "grey" i only consider "badass" characters when they do what they think is right, even if that means do some "evil" stuff if it is for the sake of your people.
    we already have enough of generic good guys in the alliance, why the hell we got even more?
    The irony is Turalyon is exactly character who do what he think is right. Regection of the Gift showed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    we get it highwhale you a ally fanboy you dont need to defend ally characters on every thread tho
    I saw your another comment about Turalyon and how i defending him in another thread. So desperate to get my attention?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    With all the complaining in this thread it's amazing that any of you even play the game. All you guys do is complain. Enjoy the game and the story for what it is and move on.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    The irony is Turalyon is exactly character who do what he think is right. Regection of the Gift showed it.
    but he is not doing "bad things" because he is incapable of doing it, he is the type of characters that decides to trust more xera than his wife, because he is just that stupid.
    just name to me any random paladin and i bet you that they got at least 5 things more interesting than turalyon.
    maarad,tirion,uther you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    That's not how he caught it, he caught it in his hand, with the part between the thumb and palm taking most of the blade, his fingers are not what is stopping it, very clearly.

Don't make shit up please, the video is right there, go refresh your memory.
    his fingers are closed on it.

that is why swords stop. obviously.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Templar in me likes him, but I can't see him doing much now he hardly did anything in Legion in my opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    but he is not doing "bad things" because he is incapable of doing it, he is the type of characters that decides to trust more xera than his wife, because he is just that stupid.
    I would call faithful not stupid. He have reasons don't trust Alleria since she playing with Void.

maarad,turalyon,uther you name it.
    Lolz what? Uther also not so great. He even worse than stupid zealotry paladin. He stubborn old man who completely deserved to be killed by Arthas.

Tirion sold his duty for sake of his honor.

Maarad. Typical hero with regrets. Although i liked him. Shame Blizzard killed him.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-02-23 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Some people dont seem to fathom that this is one of the most magicly inclined settings ever and that, in this argument, it wasnt just flesh and bone, it was demonic flesh, bone, and power.
    It's like when people complain about gnome/goblin warriors but are totally cool with a tiny human tanking Ragnaros

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    his fingers are closed on it.

that is why swords stop. obviously.
    His fingers are closed on it, around one side and barely over the back, which is not going to do anything.

quit making shit up.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I think there are a few issues with Turalyon. For one, he just looks... weird. His armor looks cool enough (I love his little bracelet, a nice touch that adds some personality), but he doesn't really come across as likeable.

Given Xe'Ra (sp?) is dead, I'd like to see him fulfill a more interesting niche. I think Paladins have needed a no-nonsense leader for awhile, but I'd also like to see him with some likeable qualities. Powerful, but a bit of humility for being gone, and perhaps seeking to understand the differences between the Blood Elves and the Alliance, instead of being a cut-and-dry Zealot for the Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    His character needs nuance, he had none this xpac. There is nothing to like or dislike.

Deleted
    And it's an absurdly stupid trope. Blade>flesh and bone, period, it doesn't matter how strong you are.
    Illidan is a demon and a powerful sorcerer... I don't think you should take it so seriously

His fingers are closed on it, around one side and barely over the back, which is not going to do anything.

quit making shit up.
    his fucking thumb is closed on it too.

do you not know how to fucking pick things up? christ.

I've never understood why this community praises someone like Tirion so much and hates on Turalyon. WoW community is one of the few communities that I almost never agree with what the "majority" thinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    his fucking thumb is closed on it too.

do you not know how to fucking pick things up? christ.
    1. Thumbs aren't fingers

2. Because his fingers are in a position to not help stop the blade in any way, his thumb and palm are taking the entire brunt of the strike, which would slice clean through his hand if blizzard wasn't shit at writing. You aren't going to stop a blade by just putting your thumb and palm in the way... If that were possible, a blade would be entirely useless.

Quit making excuses for why your senpai illidan should be able to do this, it's bullshit. By all logic he should be dead, if not at least lost his hand.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-02-23 at 06:57 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I've never understood why this community praises someone like Tirion so much and hates on Turalyon. WoW community is one of the few communities that I almost never agree with what the "majority" thinks.
    Tirion never tried to strike down their senpai. Like he should have with Sylvanas after WoTLK. Instead he goes to Hearthglen and starts making statues of himself over the world.

Its main reason why dislike him. He was bad mouthing Arthas for destroying Lordaeron and still did nothing do stop Sylvanas for converting it into Plaguelands version 2.0

Also why people says he replacement for Tirion? For me he more like filling Varian' spot.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-02-23 at 07:02 PM.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I like him well enough, but I guess that doesn't really have a reason. So to clarify I like what he -might- become enough to have hopes for him. He was clearly overclassed by Illidan and Alleria in his appearance and he needs to knock of the Draenic speech but there is a lot of promise in the character.

1. Thumbs aren't fingers

2. Because his fingers are in a position to not help stop the blade in any way, his thumb and palm are taking the entire brunt of the strike, which would slice clean through his hand if blizzard wasn't shit at writing.

Quit making excuses for why your senpai illidan should be able to do this, it's bullshit.
    karate chop between your thumb and index finger. now hold it slightly above the area and grip it with all five of your digits, then press in.

that's what's happening. his fingers gripping it are stopping it from going forward. literally the basic fundamentals of picking up any fucking item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally exists to be a source of conflict for Alleria and nothing else, he doesn't actually do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I would call faithful not stupid. He have reasons don't trust Alleria since she playing with Void.

Lolz what? Uther also not so great. He even worse than stupid zealotry paladin. He stubborn old man who completely deserved to be killed by Arthas.

Tirion sold his duty for sake of his honor.

Maarad. Typical hero with regrets. Although i liked him. Shame Blizzard killed him.
    Wow, I would expect you of all people to know more about Uther. Or are you just being purposefully dense so you don't have to admit that Turalyon is the series worst paladin?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Wow, I would expect you of all people to know more about Uther. Or are you just being purposefully dense so you don't have to admit that Turalyon is the series worst paladin?
    Uther? He was stupid stubborn and prideful. He failed as paladin, as friend and as mentor. Biggest disappointment of Lordaeron.

In terms of sacrifice even Arthas sacrificed more as paladin than Uther.

I can tell more how Uther failed and how his actions failed everyone who he loved.

But its not the thread for this conversation.