Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    You shouldn't. ./thread.

But seriously, she's probably the most incompetent leader out of everyone in this entire gambit. Sits around doing nothing for 10,000 years until the Legion invades 3 times in 10 years and STILL does nothing. Getting schooled by a 45 year old human at basic military tactics, acting like she should be praised for opening a fucking door.

The woman is a walking talking feminist virtue signal with no compassion or capability.

And that doesn't even scratch the surface of "ILLIDAN" "MALFURION". It's probably the most unrealistic story of a love triangle between two brothers and a woman ever written, except for maybe Cain and Abel.
    Do you fucking played W3?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I meant strong jawline, big but not too big lips and normal (not oversized) eyes.

Also IMHO that how Tyrande armor should really looks. Not some silk dress and root shoes...
    Oh I agree she looks a lot more like a night elf in this piece. The Armor is a little to glowy for my taste which is proabbly why I think it looks Protossy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’d say so ya.

Hey look, two pieces made for WoW and not spinoffs.

World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    No I played WC3 recently, her actions are always shoot first ask later. Which was also the standard for night elf forces in the Orc campaign. The only exception to this was when she was notably outnumbered. She slammed through the Wardens as well. The only reason she consented to an Alliance to beat Archimonde was because she was so incredibly outgunned. She admits this.

Since the player is in control for all of this its hard to tell how she would fight, but, from what we have from other sources (such as the comics where the Sentinels are always berserkers), or from things like her blowing up a bridge as she stood on it, or her treatment of the elemental spirits and the wardens, it does not paint a thoughtful picture.
    She blew up the bridge to stop the undead, the wardens refused to listen to her as well and she had to free Illidan, which was a good move on her part. Even when she attacked the humans who were working with the orcs who killed their demigod, she scouts them out first and sees them destroying their sacred forest, goes to recruit allies and then attacks. She sees this destruction of the forest going on and the people who killed Cenarus there and attacks these outsiders to defend the forest. Going straight in though was never one of her tactics, and it was never a night elf tactic. It's sad if you recently played WC3 but still do not know how Tyrande was behaving in it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again I’d say different eyes nose and mabye lips but I can’t get a good look at liadrins on my phone. The blood elfs also seem to have sharper faces with more lines where night elfs seem to have fuller more rounded faces.

Also
    I’m pretty sure the top picture was made for hearth stone not wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    That first one is from Hearthstone and the second one is just a generic blood elf.

Deleted
    For she is dream come true, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    She blew up the bridge to stop the undead. Even when she attacked the humans who were working with the orcs who killed their demigod, she scouts them out first and sees them destroying their sacred forest, goes to recruit allies and then attacks. She sees this destruction of the forest going on and the people who killed Cenarus there and attacks these outsiders to defend the forest. Going straight in though was never one of her tactics, and it was never a night elf tactic. It's sad if you recently played WC3 but still do not know how Tyrande was behaving in it.
    She failed entirely on keeping a vigil in Kalimdor: not even being capable of clearing out the Satyr despite the millennia she had.
    She blew up the bridge, as she stood on it. The intelligent action would have been blowing it up when she wasnt standing on it.
    She murdered her way through the watchers for doing what she told them to do.
    She murdered her way through nature spirits to wake Malfurion.
    She got mad at Illidan for doing exactly what she freed him to do.
    She only consented to an alliance that was clearly in her favor because she was outnumbered.
    She refused to take responsibility for Illidan being free when Maieve called her on it.

True, her first actions against the humans were somewhat understandable, though she didnt seem to give a single fuck when they were fighting the undead.

Please, point towards me some example of her being tactically sound? I've pointed a few of her being impulsive and reckless and not putting the worlds interests at mind.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2018-02-23 at 09:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Dude. Jawline. They not night elvish. I hate when people portray Tyrande with sharp jawline like some fancy blood elf. She warrior and have strong jawline.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-02-23 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Again I’d say different eyes nose and mabye lips but I can’t get a good look at liadrins on my phone. The blood elfs also seem to have sharper faces with more lines where night elfs seem to have fuller more rounded faces.

Also
    I’m pretty sure the top picture was made for hearth stone not wow.
    Your right, my mistake.

There is a variety of facial shapes for Night Elves and Blood Elves done by blizzard artists though. They ussually stay about the same. Like how the Liadrin Hearthstone look is much more akin to the night elf in game model.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your right, my mistake.

There is a variety of facial shapes for Night Elves and Blood Elves done by blizzard artists though. They ussually stay about the same. Like how the Liadrin Hearthstone look is much more akin to the night elf in game model.
    Oh I agree that the art varies but tyranda has pretty much always had a fuller face then the orginal pic I think is bad art of her. Over all I think hero’s of the storm shows how night elfs and blood/highelfs should look with tyranda being a lot thicker and fuller then say sylvanas in it.

She has a good design for a night elf, and generated lots of proper fan art. Basically my main reason to like most female characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    She has a good design for a night elf, and generated lots of proper fan art. Basically my main reason to like most female characters.
    Now thats stance i can respect. There is that really good piece of her getting tentacled by liadrins lightspawn.

She failed entirely on keeping a vigil in Kalimdor: not even being capable of clearing out the Satyr despite the millennia she had.
    She blew up the bridge, as she stood on it. The intelligent action would have been blowing it up when she wasnt standing on it.
    She murdered her way through the watchers for doing what she told them to do.
    She murdered her way through nature spirits to wake Malfurion.
    She got mad at Illidan for doing exactly what she freed him to do.
    She only consented to an alliance that was clearly in her favor because she was outnumbered.
    She refused to take responsibility for Illidan being free when Maieve called her on it.

True, her first actions against the humans were somewhat understandable, though she didnt seem to give a single fuck when they were fighting the undead.

Please, point towards me some example of her being tactically sound? I've pointed a few of her being impulsive and reckless and not putting the worlds interests at mind. If its so obvious go ahead and give some examples.
    You said her charging straight in was completely in line with her character, and she never did that. She blew up the bridge because she summons the power of Elune onto her location to stop the undead, if she didn't destroy the bridge they would have crossed it.
    Malfurion order the watchers to do that, not the watchers, and the watchers also didn't listen to the leader of the night elves when ordered to, if they didn't release Illidan the legion would have won.
    Satyr were only a very minor problem, she isn't omnipotent to every square inch of the forest.
    You think not releasing Illidan was a good idea, it was not.
    You also think that not waking Malfurion would have been a bad idea, it was not.
    She thought Illidan would have changed, she was upset but still freeing him was the correct choice and that is why in the end Malfurion banished him.
    She consented to working with them because Medivh and Malfurion convinced her to, as a priestess of Elune the desecration of their forest obvious angered her.

I see you are just going to say everything she did was wrong and stupid, because you hate her character and that opinion will never change. But it seems you are just intentionally making everything she does sound worse and saying even waking Malfurion or freeing Illidan were bad choices, so you are obviously extremely biased against anything she does.

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    a character is simple, you like it or not.
    if you do not like it, its fine, you are supposed to have an opinion.
    That's a nice thought and all but this is an expansion where I'm supposed to feel pride in my faction (blizzards words). How can I do this when it's leaders are being actively detrimental to it's success?
    She was pretty consistent from WC3 in legion. She was only poorly written in the one MoP scenario. Just because she isn't a nice waifu all the time like everyone seems to want female characters to be, doesn't mean she is poorly written.
    I'm not saying she shouldn't have flaws. I do like the fact that she's stubborn and undiplomatic. But those negative traits have been flanderized and played up in the game's portrayal of her to the point where that's all she is. I also recall her being pragmatic and smart.

But what really irritates me about the game's portrayal is that her negative traits are solely used to advance other people's stories. While she doesn't personally undergo any consequences for said screw ups.

You said her charging straight in was completely in line with her character, and she never did that. She blew up the bridge because she summons the power of Elune onto her location to stop the undead, if she didn't destroy the bridge they would have crossed it.
    Malfurion order the watchers to do that, not the watchers, and the watchers also didn't listen to the leader of the night elves when ordered to, if they didn't release Illidan the legion would have won.
    Satyr were only a very minor problem, she isn't omnipotent to every square inch of the forest.
    You think not releasing Illidan was a good idea, it was not.
    You also think that not waking Malfurion would have been a bad idea, it was not.
    She thought Illidan would have changed, she was upset but still freeing him was the correct choice and that is why in the end Malfurion banished him.
    She consented to working with them because Medivh and Malfurion convinced her to, as a priestess of Elune the desecration of their forest obvious angered her.

I see you are just going to say everything she did was wrong and stupid, because you hate her character and that opinion will never change. But it seems you are just intentionally making everything she does sound worse and saying even waking Malfurion or freeing Illidan were bad choices, so you are obviously extremely biased against anything she does.
    She could have used the powers of elune while not standing on the bridge.

The Watchers answered to Tyrande and Malfurion both, Tyrande was well aware what their duty was but she didnt care because she's Tyrande and she's right. So she proceeds to kill all of them and a Keeper of the Grove.

Satyr had a notable military pressense that hindered Tyrande notably. They had bases. She had thousands of years to clear them out.

She got mad at Illidan for doing what she freed him to do.

Waking Malfurion was certainly a good idea. The Night Elves were losing considerably under Tyrande's leadership. You know, how her entire job was preparing for a Legion Invasion she knew was coming but she didn't even spot them, the orcs, or the humans, when they entered her homeland.

She flat out says in WC3 she doesn't want to work with the alliance and horde but "Has no choice".

And no, I do not hate Tyrande, at all. I like her character. I like her being impulsive. I like her being unforgiving. I like that she's a headstrong warrior woman who doesn't mind getting her hands dirty and rushing into combat. She is a flawed character and I like that about her. She is someone who was thrust into a position she had no business being in and I love that. She's spiteful, xenophobic, and follows a war goddess and lives by that. She's not some wise old super tactician. She's a Champion of her people above all. She is the Alliances living weapon who can go and drop magic goddess powered nukes on armies, which she has done.

What I hate is people making her into what she's not. I want her running into battle again. That was Tyrande at her best.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2018-02-23 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    I'm not saying she shouldn't have flaws. I do like the fact that she's stubborn and undiplomatic. But those negative traits have been flanderized and played up in the game's portrayal of her to the point where that's all she is. I also recall her being pragmatic and smart.

But what really irritates me about the game's portrayal is that her negative traits are solely used to advance other people's stories. While she doesn't personally undergo any consequences for said screw ups.
    She only really had a problem with the nightborne because she saw the shield go up on her home city and they were locked out for 10k years. She saw that as a betrayal, and when the barrier comes down most of the nightborne are working with the legion. She is obviously suspicious of people who have spent 10k years under the rule of Elisande, but still helps them out. There is literally no reason for her to like the nightborne, Liadrin on the other hand has the advantage of never having dealt with the nightborne before or seeing her home city shut out. She held a grudge against them but still didn't let that get in the way of helping them fight off the legion.

But what happens here is Thalyssra looks petty to join the horde and fight to conquer the night elves who helped them take back Suramar (from a mess the nightborne created), because Tyrande was straight forward with her suspicion yet still helped them out regardless.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    She's a goddess. Beautiful, elegant, wise. Haters gonna hate. Maybe if she had a different voice ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    She's a goddess. Beautiful, elegant, wise. Haters gonna hate. Maybe if she had a different voice ~
    I can give you beautiful and elegant as those are pretty subjective. But wise ? Hell no. She is dumber than brick. Which again, may be part of her appeal.

She could have used the powers of elune while not standing on the bridge.

The Watchers answered to Tyrande and Malfurion both, Tyrande was well aware what their duty was but she didnt care because she's Tyrande and she's right. So she proceeds to kill all of them and a Keeper of the Grove.

Satyr had a notable military pressense that hindered Tyrande notably. They had bases. She had thousands of years to clear them out.

She got mad at Illidan for doing what she freed him to do.

Waking Malfurion was certainly a good idea. The Night Elves were losing considerably under Tyrande's leadership. You know, how her entire job was preparing for a Legion Invasion she knew was coming but she didn't even spot them, the orcs, or the humans, when they entered her homeland.

She flat out says in WC3 she doesn't want to work with the alliance and horde but "Has no choice".

And no, I do not hate Tyrande, at all. I like her character. I like her being impulsive. I like her being unforgiving. I like that she's a headstrong warrior woman who doesn't mind getting her hands dirty and rushing into combat. She is a flawed character and I like that about her. She is someone who was thrust into a position she had no business being in and I love that.

What I hate is people making her into what she's not. I want her running into battle again. That was Tyrande at her best.
    The watchers should answer to both, but Malfurion was the one who imprisoned illidan and commanded the watchers to guard him, not Tyrande. So saying they are doing what she ordered is completely wrong. They also failed to listen to the leader of the night elves when ordered to release him so she had no other choice but to kill them in order to fight the legion. They were hindering the effort against the legion, but you think she was incorrect in freeing him when his campaign was pretty vital to the success against the legion.

The night elves in Ashenvale during the initial losses were commanded by Cenarius, they were not under Tyrande's leadership since she was in Hyjal. Cenarius was also the one who wanted to attack the orcs initially. Pretending like the fel blood orcs were an enemy the night elves should be able to handle easily is very idiotic as well.

Starfall was an ability that happens around Tyrande, it's not something she projects, that was the only way she could use it to fight off the undead. I don't know why you forget this.

Satyr had a minor presence in like one mission (I believe they also had a presence in an orc mission), Ashenvale is very large and even she forgot places like where Illidan was imprisoned, only stumbling on it later.

She has literally never run straight into a battle, she is quick to fight, but that doesn't mean she is ever running head first into a battle. That has never been her tactics and has never been a night elf tactic.

She has no choice after being convinced by Medivh and Malfurion that they need to work together to fight the legion. It's weird you are leaving that part out.

You do hate Tyrande and you think everything she does is pure incompetence, you think she only ever rushes into battles head first and that every thing she says is idiotic. Nothing I say will really convince you otherwise because it's so rooted in your idea about the character though.