Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Years ago? Yeah, I might even be able to find the post on it.. But, honestly? It's not an important enough to go digging for it again. I'm willing to accept either things have changed or the criteria has changed.

When I was part of Perk (the phone/app money generating thing), there was an entire forum for trading/selling/bartering SNAP cards. I was never involved in it but they had a whole section for it.
    And once again the percent of people who abused it was less than 1%.

You can't make claims that a lot of people don't need it without some proof.

Example: If someone working in Kentucky (My State) makes than $1,200(As a single person income and its slightly more than that but not $1,300) a Month they qualify for food stamps. It makes zero sense to sit there and say there is many who have it and don't need it when there monthly income is so low.

Family's qualify amount is different and this does very per state, But don't make claims that many don't need it if you can't provide some actual proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deeth View Post
    They should have planned better for retirement. It is not my responsibility to take care of somebody elses family.
    You should stop using roads,schools,water and so on since it being provided to you by others then. As growing and advancing society it is your responsibility and others to support the people in your society because you would not be where you are if it wasn't for the people around you.

A healthy society is a growing society and everyone benefits from a healthy society.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So was thinking today about how Trump is trying to turn food stamps into a blue apron like service. It occured to me that we already have this system in place. We give them to all of our military members on a daily basis. They're called MRE's. Why can't we use MREs for people on welfare?
    Considering half our regular posters are on welfare, I feel bad for the hate you're about to receive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You should stop using roads,schools,water and so on since it being provided to you by others then.
    You seem to think you're being hyperbolic, but eliminating those kinds of public services is a serious component of their political ideology.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I felt awful being on benefits.
    You should look into psychological treatment for this guilt complex your broken society has inflicted on you.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    People who work in grocery stores like wal-mart watch them do it every day?
    so then the answer is, no study, findings, citations just random thoughts.
    ok thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Considering half our regular posters are on welfare, I feel bad for the hate you're about to receive.
    This is fact, because....well hell just about everything else he makes up is considered fact....in his head...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Here is how to solve food stamps: Get rid of them and give people cash money instead so they can buy whatever they want.

Damn, that was hard.
    And when some people waste it and don't buy necessities first? Do we just let them die?

Voila, that's why people have to be micromanaged and told where they can spend it and what they can spend it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well,t hat sounds like you have a problem with the rising costs of health care. Once again, that's not the fault of wage earners, that's the shitty design of the nation's heath care system.

The issue with Medicare is the ridiculous amount of fraud and waste within the system. That also applies to Medicaid. It's really not that great of a bargain, and I would much rather take my chances on the free markets.
    the wage earners and their spouses are the only ones who qualify for Medicare. No one gets medicare (well almost no one there are a few very minor buckets like ESRD and they normally end up with medicaid) without having work history and having paid into the system...and as they use it pay into the system in the forms of premiums and cost sharing.

So why are you bringing up fairness of wage earners and medicare?

There is fraud, that is true and its a big bucket but there is very little "waste" unless you consider cutting services (i.e death panels) by reviewing every single claim and service ordered by doctors (which they should be doing more of).

Waste is often confused with fraud. The medicare system is quite efficient vs the private for profit healthcare system/insurance

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is how to solve food stamps: Get rid of them and give people cash money instead so they can buy whatever they want.

Damn, that was hard.
    Wow it's almost like they already tried that and that failed misrebly because they weren't spending it on food, rather they would spend it on booze and drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I presume they either sell the cards or whatever resaleable goods they can buy on it in order to get the drugs etc that they want.
    You can't "sell" the card. They don't mail a new one every month. It's tied to an account that can only be used on food purchases, and gets a monthly deposit. Also, it has the recipient's photo on it. The closest people can come to "selling" it is trading food purchased with it for whatever it is they're trying to buy. I've seen this happen exactly one time, and it was solely because it was a matter of convenience for the drug dealer, as in, he was too lazy to go grocery shopping himself.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

I’m as fically conservative as they come, but I also know I can’t ever not pay taxes. If there is one thing I’d like to see my money go to it’s that my neighbor and/or his kids can eat. I don’t give fuck all if they eat lobsters or steak or McDonald’s with the money they get. As long as they aren’t starving , I don’t care what they buy. I’m not sure why people get so hung up on what they buy. Just because society gave them the money doesn’t mean some asshole should decide what they eat. My employer gave me my money, he doesn’t tell me what to eat.

Yes, there surely is some scumbag taking assistance he doesn’t need or selling food from SNAPs for cash to buy drugs or alchohol. But we don’t get to punish everyone for that persons actions.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    ................................................................. *charging up*

*MASSIVE FACEPALM*

It's how they do it in the rest of the civilized world. Stop treating your poor like children or special needs citizens, I guarantee you americans aren't that dumb that they forget to buy food.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit.

Through some fucking miracle only americans need to be treated like children and be given foodstamps instead of just money like in the rest of the modern world?

Stop pretending your nation is retarded.
    You fucking bash us for electing Trump and you want to tell me to stop pretending we're retarded? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I’m as fically conservative as they come, but I also know I can’t ever not pay taxes. If there is one thing I’d like to see my money go to it’s that my neighbor and/or his kids can eat. I don’t give fuck all if they eat lobsters or steak or McDonald’s with the money they get. As long as they aren’t starving , I don’t care what they buy. I’m not sure why people get so hung up on what they buy. Just because society gave them the money doesn’t mean some asshole should decide what they eat. My employer gave me my money, he doesn’t tell me what to eat.

Yes, there surely is some scumbag taking assistance he doesn’t need or selling food from SNAPs for cash to buy drugs or alchohol. But we don’t get to punish everyone for that persons actions.
    Because back in the 1980's Ronald Reagan's campaign manager came up with the brilliant idea to exaggerate a single woman that managed to defraud multiple government agencies out of a few hundred thousand dollars. They conveniently omitted the part that she accomplished it via identity theft (applying for benefits under multiple names). They also omit that she was a career con artist and in addition to defrauding the government she had also been involved in numerous marriages solely for the sake of money. So basically they found the most ridiculous outlier they could find, involving someone that used general fraud to make a living, and used her as proof all recipients are equally cunning con artists taking advantage of the good will of the American people. It's been kept alive by the right as both "incontrovertible proof" that the entire social safety net is broken and should be abolished, and also as proof that "all blacks are lazy societal leeches" by white supremacists, despite the woman the case was based on being White and Native American.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Don't they only eat those when they are in the field and cooking a real meal is not convenient or realistic? Otherwise they eat in the cafeteria? If i ruled the world, the state would take control of some of food, clothing, housing and medical resources. If you could not get a job or afford these things on your own, your work for the state in relation to producing these items for the people who need them. You would be provided them as well. If you could find a job in the private sector in which you earned enough to have a healthy survival, you could leave the program.
    Last edited by Nihilist74; 2018-02-23 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ................................................................. *charging up*

*MASSIVE FACEPALM*

It's how they do it in the rest of the civilized world. Stop treating your poor like children or special needs citizens, I guarantee you americans aren't that dumb that they forget to buy food.
    Forget to? No.

Find themselves broke for any number of reasons and unable to afford food? All the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    the wage earners and their spouses are the only ones who qualify for Medicare. No one gets medicare (well almost no one there are a few very minor buckets like ESRD and they normally end up with medicaid) without having work history and having paid into the system...and as they use it pay into the system in the forms of premiums and cost sharing.

So why are you bringing up fairness of wage earners and medicare?

There is fraud, that is true and its a big bucket but there is very little "waste" unless you consider cutting services (i.e death panels) by reviewing every single claim and service ordered by doctors (which they should be doing more of).

Waste is often confused with fraud. The medicare system is quite efficient vs the private for profit healthcare system/insurance
    10% is not a small amount, and definitely should be addressed.

I get it, trying to prevent fraud is something you don't really care about. personally, I would rather stop the theft of tens of billions of dollars.
    Eighth time perhaps? Will it slowly begin to penetrate your cranium by then?

I know it's hard, it involves primary school level arithmetic. Breathe deeply, we'll get through this together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    How about get a fucking job and stop living off of other people? Don't fuck like animals and have kids you can't support. You know, be a responsible person.
    i bet you dont say that to leeching parasites that make tons of money from doing nothing

Eighth time perhaps? Will it slowly begin to penetrate your cranium by then?

I know it's hard, it involves primary school level arithmetic. Breathe deeply, we'll get through this together.
    You already stated that going after tens of billions would be too hard, so "why bother." That's simply lazy, and promotes fiscal irresponsibility in government. You also demonstrated that you don't even know how Medicare fraud actually occurs. Seriously, I'm guessing you actually had to look it up after you tried to say that the focus would be on individual consumers, and not doctors and hospitals.

I offered statistics, you whined. I pointed out where you were wrong, you continued to double down on your misstatements. Now all you have is to try and drag this out, because you have nothing left to offer. Personally, I'm fine with it. I have provided data to back up my claims, if you want to continue looking ignorant, be my guest.

You already stated that going after tens of billions would be too hard, so "why bother."
    Sounds like you need it explained to you for the ninth time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    why is it ok for our military members but not for welfare recipients?
    Because MRE are for the field, not day to day dumbass.

Sounds like you need it explained to you for the ninth time.
    You can count all you like, it doesn't refute the things I've said.