Poll: How big is the population

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    Void Elves retcon massive chunks of lore, fabricates an entire group whole cloth without any sort of build up or prior introduction, and cause plot-holes. These are examples which we can use to measurably judge the quality of a story. It's bad storytelling, it's okay if you like bad stories that are inconsistent. I enjoyed the first season of SAO. But it's still bad writing and that's Blizzard's problem.

It's also Blizzard's problem because I lose nothing if I walk away while they lose my sub.
    While I agree that velves are a giant ass pull (bigger than tauren paladins or WoD time travel) that makes no sense, you cant forget that in WoW story was always just a background for gameplay, not the other way around.

Blizzard has twisted their lore in the most bizzare ways to crate space for what they think makes good gameplay so many times already that Im suprised someone who plays for the story is still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'm one more Ren'Dorei post away from a faction and server change to a pvp realm and literally just camping Void Elves going to leaving Stormwind
    You realised they can still turn pvp off on friendly territories, right?

Oh God are we starting this already?

There are no population numbers. Every race has a population of X where Blizzard can set X to be whatever they like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphos View Post
    According to Blizzard(in datamined text, assuming its true of course) they`re "endless", take that as you will.
    Well datamined text arent entirely finished yet.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    that makes no sense, you cant forget that in WoW story was always just a background for gameplay, not the other way around.
    I'm not asking for an award winning novel. I just ask that the story remains consistent, the characters actions make sense with their personalities, and have conflict that is essential rather then fill time. I know it's hard, but that's a writer's job.

And I don't see how this point is even relevant considering that Void Elves don't affect gameplay that much aside from a few non-essential racials that are basically blink and tmog discount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are even less than Trolls.

Blizzard admited that they literally pulled this race out of their arses, and made it on the spot, because they thought it would be popular.

But thats just Blizzard shitting on their own lore, nothing new.

I just hope there wont be a Voidelf pandemic on alliance side, like Bloodelves are on Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    How big is the Void Elf Population?
    On my server it's not actually that big. The fear that 1/2 the alliance players would go Void Elf hasn't come to pass.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    I voted for under or about 1000.

I personally think that, while Magister Umbric's initial group might have been small, the numbers of the Ren'dorei have only increased since their introduction into the Alliance, because you can see several Sin'dorei Scholars and Quel'dorei Wayfarers in the Telogrus Rift. And it would seem that the Ren'dorei have already estabilished some kind of economy within Telogrus, because you can see innkeepers, blacksmiths and even shopkeepers. If i'm not mistaken, Kael'thas' Forces consisted of 15% of the original Sin'dorei race and yet it numbered in the thousands, so Umbric's original group shouldn't have been that small after all.
    what are Void elves? I don't even?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    Void Elves retcon massive chunks of lore, fabricates an entire group whole cloth without any sort of build up or prior introduction, and cause plot-holes. These are examples which we can use to measurably judge the quality of a story. It's bad storytelling, it's okay if you like bad stories that are inconsistent. I enjoyed the first season of SAO. But it's still bad writing and that's Blizzard's problem.

It's also Blizzard's problem because I lose nothing if I walk away while they lose my sub.
    Not really though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Low enough that Blizzard can’t ever use low numbers as an excuse to not make a race playable anymore.
    That whole excuse still cracks me up. Oh we can’t give you Highborne cause their numbers are too few. But we CAN give you Void Elves which is an even smaller group of elves!

I don't really have a problem with their lore. Yes they are new. That doesn't mean bad. They're a half way point to what ethereals are zo it's not like their transformation is completely out of nowhere. They're not as edgy and emo as some make them out to be. Population hasn't mattered since a handful of pandaren on a balloon joined the factions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    That whole excuse still cracks me up. Oh we can’t give you Highborne cause their numbers are too few. But we CAN give you Void Elves which is an even smaller group of elves!
    I doubt numbers were the reason. Maybe in vanilla. But not bc onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I don't really have a problem with their lore. Yes they are new. That doesn't mean bad. They're a half way point to what ethereals are zo it's not like their transformation is completely out of nowhere. They're not as edgy and emo as some make them out to be. Population hasn't mattered since a handful of pandaren on a balloon joined the factions.

- - - Updated - - -

No they actually said that fairly recently

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    A lot of Blizzard's reasons of why things can't be are really just bullshit. This includes everything from dual faction races to xmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post
    Not really though.
    Riviting discussion. Next please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It would be funny if it is an illusion, and Lor'themar figures it out when he's like "Wait a second, there's only like 20 of you, when I had you exiled fuck off."
    Lor'themar: An Illusion?!

Thalyssra: Son I am proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    No they actually said that fairly recently
    They may say it but looking at velves and pandaren I doubt it's the real reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    lorewise they cant be more than 1k.
    in-game though... sigh.... this is whole different story. a very sad story.

Maybe 40-50
    and let's not forget, they are like meth addicts.

Hahaha! Look who joins the fray. Good, I was hoping you'd keep this interesting!
    The Alliance is on its last legs, champions! More than half of their soldiers are down.
    Their assault will soon falter. Stay strong!
    Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken! Do not back down, heroes!
    The void elves... those traitors keep coming.
    Have faith in the warchief, Theron!

So the broadcast was fixed. Now it specifically refers to the void elves and states their numbers are large enough to turn the tide of the battle and allow the previously faltering alliance troops to massively overwhelm the horde fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Hahaha! Look who joins the fray. Good, I was hoping you'd keep this interesting!
    The Alliance is on its last legs, champions! More than half of their soldiers are down.
    Their assault will soon falter. Stay strong!
    Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken! Do not back down, heroes!
    The void elves... those traitors keep coming.
    Have faith in the warchief, Theron!

So the broadcast was fixed. Now it specifically refers to the void elves and states their numbers are large enough to turn the tide of the battle and allow the previously faltering alliance troops to massively overwhelm the horde fighters.
    I don't know about that - from the new string it sounds more like the Void Elves are simply tenacious, unwilling to back down or be defeated. It relates nothing of their numbers or them "overwhelming" the Horde, simply that they're persistent and that Sylvanas views them as traitors.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead