Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    There is a reason he was banned. Discussion with him is pointless.
    I could easily say your second sentence applies to you as well given what you’ve posted in this thread recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Damn that's intense man... Here's a tip: Never get married.
    And that has any bearing on the matter at hand how? And I’m already married. So there’s that.

You know your game is in dire straits when you try to hype up a big patch for the game and add in things people were asking for and it either receives zero coverage or the coverage that it does get is people saying “meh” or “too little too late”. That’s the responses Bungie is seemingly getting for their big March update they have planned for later this month.

I haven’t been playing Destiny at all, but damn is it entertaining to still watch how Bungie continues to shoot themselves in the foot and fail to deliver anything meaningful to bring people back.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-03-14 at 05:56 PM.

I logged in once the other day an found nobody on planets and 3 people at the tower buying selfie emotes from eververse and logged out. I think its pretty clear at this point its in a FFXIV 1.0 scenario and coasting by on the absolute no standard bottom feeders. Even other devs are talking about it like that. I heard one on a podcast say something like 'industry expectation is that eververse is funding a total reboot as a paid expansion in the fall'.

I imagine some of the console userbase will come back for dlc2 for about a week then drop off again but wait for this september update 3 PAID UPDATES AND A YEAR FUCKING LATER but i think for PC this is it. Bungie came out the gate shitting the bed and the pc userbase doesnt have years 'invested' in destiny. It came out. Its a bad game in a sea of better games with modding and no 'funpay minibuys' governing a game thats 80% chasing cosmetic gear. I think they completely ruined their chance to grab PC and while theres enough 'i put in so much time and money' types on console for a revamp to work to a degree i think destiny on pc is a dead brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You know your game is in dire straits when you try to hype up a big patch for the game and add in things people were asking for and it either receives zero coverage or the coverage that it does get is people saying “meh” or “too little too late”. That’s the responses Bungie is seemingly getting for their big March update they have planned for later this month.

I haven’t been playing Destiny at all, but damn is it entertaining to still watch how Bugdie continues to shoot themselves in the foot and fail to deliver anything meaningful to bring people back.
    Point is that's quite literally "too little, too late". They are not adding anything to the game, just reworking stuff that was in a painful need to (like nightfall scoring) and adding very shallow gear treadmills that still suffer from a very poor itemization/scaling system.

They're just buying time and hoping people will still buy DLC 2 when most people have completely lost interest in the game or bough the season pass already.

I'ts a very sad state for both Bungie and Destiny 2 which i still think plays very well and is visually very pleasing (at least to me). I didn't see so much wasted potential from the release of Wildstar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I heard one on a podcast say something like 'industry expectation is that eververse is funding a total reboot as a paid expansion in the fall'.
    I really hope this isn't true, since i'm highly doubtful that Eververse has generated a really high amount of money being it basically useless and frown upon from day 1, plus it being mostly about cosmetics. Also, if the reboot is a paid update, then they're really going just downhill - who would buy an expansion with the promise that "everything is better"? This literally happened with d2 and we all know how it turned out to be. First they get back the people, then they can think about more DLCs.

But i agree with everything you say, especially with the PC compartment being dead since there's no "nostalgia" factor to count in.

Until they do a complete 180 and wake up from slumber and actually make something worth playing. The Division managed to do that qute good, but then again they announced a fucking sequel. I mean, who thought it was a good idea - oh well, better keep people spend money on products, right?

To me it just sounds to much like a planned cycle of: bad product, you pay for it, you stop playing because it's shit, they update and you return, game gets progressivley beter and you buy some more DLCs over time, then once the game is actually worth, SEQUEL! so you buy again a bad product and the cycle begins anew.

Gotta keep players hooked on spending.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I really hope this isn't true, since i'm highly doubtful that Eververse has generated a really high amount of money being it basically useless and frown upon from day 1, plus it being mostly about cosmetics. Also, if the reboot is a paid update, then they're really going just downhill - who would buy an expansion with the promise that "everything is better"? This literally happened with d2 and we all know how it turned out to be. First they get back the people, then they can think about more DLCs.
    I would love to believe most people aren't goddamn rubes falling for the lockbox meme but i will always remembers years back when a dev posted a long string of info about Guild Wars 2 on /v/ including "There are two dozen people that spend a grand a month on the gem store. Every month. They pay for not many but a few employees by themselves and prove gem store pushing is what we need more of we just arent targeting the others players correctly" and it really soured me on GW2 after the guy was proved legit with some leaks later.

In an ideal world Eververse was an experiment to charge for art assetts in a buy to play game for complete fucking idiots that buy microtransactions that bombed. In reality said idiots are just 'on the downlow' and buy this shit but dont talk about it because they know the majority reaction is 'you are voting with your wallet to keep this shitstain situation going' but that doesn't mean they don't do it going "w-well its saving grinding xp!" or "its my money fuck those guys!" or the worst of all "its just me buying this, nobody knows, if its just me buying it its not big deal!" -said by all of them.

i would imagine the estimated 1.3% of users left from the 12 million launch users are probably at least half eververse shills. Easily. Time and again lockbox addicts have proven they have no foresight or ability to resist the lowest of mobage tactics like "THIS GREAT DEALS ONLY HERE FOR A LIMITED TIME, DONT WANT TO MISS WHATS JUST A SERIES OF TEXTURES WISE CONSUMER, YOU CAN TRUST BUNGIE, ALLY OF THE THINKING MAN! YOU AREN'T A HATER ARE YOU SON?" and why would it be different here? i mean shit they are still putting up with this horrible level of content as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Until they do a complete 180 and wake up from slumber and actually make something worth playing.
    They need to do a 180 AND offer free content as compensation for the bad game. The game left such a bad impression there is no way in hell any sane person would pay for repairing the base mechanics. Giving away DLC1+2 as freebies with a total remake of the game in a free patch should be the way to go. The people with season pass get the first real expansion for free. Otherwise game stays dead, at least in a perfect world. Of course this won't fly because bungo and idiotic Day 1 DLC buyers.
    Last edited by Shanden; 2018-03-14 at 04:52 PM.

I would love to believe most people aren't goddamn rubes falling for the lockbox meme but i will always remembers years back when a dev posted a long string of info about Guild Wars 2 on /v/ including "There are two dozen people that spend a grand a month on the gem store. Every month. They pay for not many but a few employees by themselves and prove gem store pushing is what we need more of we just arent targeting the others players correctly" and it really soured me on GW2 after the guy was proved legit with some leaks later.

In an ideal world Eververse was an experiment to charge for art assetts in a buy to play game for complete fucking idiots that buy microtransactions that bombed. In reality said idiots are just 'on the downlow' and buy this shit but dont talk about it because they know the majority reaction is 'you are voting with your wallet to keep this shitstain situation going' but that doesn't mean they don't do it going "w-well its saving grinding xp!" or "its my money fuck those guys!" or the worst of all "its just me buying this, nobody knows, if its just me buying it its not big deal!" -said by all of them.

i would imagine the estimated 1.3% of users left from the 12 million launch users are probably at least half eververse shills. Easily. Time and again lockbox addicts have proven they have no foresight or ability to resist the lowest of mobage tactics like "THIS GREAT DEALS ONLY HERE FOR A LIMITED TIME, DONT WANT TO MISS WHATS JUST A SERIES OF TEXTURES WISE CONSUMER, YOU CAN TRUST BUNGIE, ALLY OF THE THINKING MAN! YOU AREN'T A HATER ARE YOU SON?" and why would it be different here? i mean shit they are still putting up with this horrible level of content as is.
    Indeed, never underestimate the ability of whales to spend spend spend on stuff the rest of the players consider useless/worthless.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I'll probably log in for the next DLC since I have the season pass, but if its anything like the last one... yeah.

Its unfortunate, really fun gameplay with really poor reward structure.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Developers don't realize that no matter what they change the 2 primary system makes the game generic and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'll probably log in for the next DLC since I have the season pass, but if its anything like the last one... yeah.

Its unfortunate, really fun gameplay with really poor reward structure.
    If its like the last one you'll only need to log in for about 3 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Developers don't realize that no matter what they change the 2 primary system makes the game generic and boring.
    Care to elaborate which systems? I only have problem with reward structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Care to elaborate which systems? I only have problem with reward structure.
    He already did. The two primary weapon system. Aka, not having a special weapon slot anymore.

-snipperoni-
    Well, you're right. It doesn't take much people to make a microtransaction setup to be a net gain for the company, especially it takes a very low effort to setup.

We're literally ruined but a few people with no brain and a credit card and too much free time. Sounds awfully familiar.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Well their 'gotta go fast patch' - which neither effects pvp time to kill or mobility improving movement speed, aint that some shit? - is a dud. Its made pvp worse and now its constant super and heav ammo spawn camping and its illustrating the root of a lot of the minute to minute gameplay problems are the change from normal-special-heavy to kinetic-energy-power.

At this point it looks like from a mechanical standpoint destiny 2 is kind of fucked unless they can fix this and some interviews suggest its not possible until destiny 3.

So thats a thing.

I dont think theres a title higher on my list of "games to avoid" than destiny 3....

Cant even say star wars battlefront 3 or any other EA title because I never buy them in the first place, so destiny 3 is literally the top title to avoid for me

I don't even know why Bungie/Activision are even bothering in making Destiny 3. Destiny 1 had a bunch of hype and a ton of players at launch... major disappointment. Destiny 2 gathered some hype, but not nearly as many players.... improved on some things, but made a lot of things worse. IDK who even plays it anymore. Destiny 3... probably same story. Doesn't help matters when it seems Bungie takes 6 months to a year to actually fix and put it in a state it should have been at launch. Destiny has to be losing money at this point, I don't know how anyone could even get hyped for a third one.

Yeah, I tested a touch last night in PvE (I don't PvP) and mechanically movement feels the same on my Titan going from 1 to 5 mobility. Granted I didn't try gliding (I'll have to learn how!), but given how Bungie kept talking about the changes I was sure expecting something more noticeable.

Community seemed happy at first yesterday but as folks got more time with the update they quickly soured and we're back to a super salty Destiny reddit.

Continues to be disappointing/frustrating as hell watching Bungie bungle their way from one underwhelming update to the next at a positively glacial pace compared to other modern game developers running online games (one patch a month? lol). I'll do a bit more testing over the weekend and clear out my weekly milestones for the first time in months, but it's looking a lot like I'm back to not loading the game up until DLC 2 drops.

Exciting : |

Activision had better exert some fucking pressure on Bungie for Destiny 3, because unless Bungie pulls off some major miracles then they're going to have a real rough battle trying to recapture the Destiny audience when that eventually comes out. So many people seem like they've simply lost faith in them as a developer.

If they want people to regain faith at this point, first on that list would probably be dumping Activision as the publisher. They're a toxic name at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    If they want people to regain faith at this point, first on that list would probably be dumping Activision as the publisher. They're a toxic name at this point.
    Why? What has Activision done to negatively impact Destiny 2?

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Thats the thing, this shitshow is not activisions fault for once. They redid the contract and part of it was that bungie gets more money based on percentages of income on top of their usual box sales stuff. Like the game brings in 10% of a million a month they get X amount, they bring in 20% they get X times 4 or something.

and right after that eververse showed up. A literal money farm to use the consumer as actual cattle to pad their wallet.

That level of open greed is kind of refreshing in the age of industry double speak.