Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    She's the leader of her people and not afraid to lead the charge as a leader should? You don't find it interesting to see a female elf acting like an orc on the battlefield and as a spiritual link to higher powers for her people at home? How those qualities (doe eyed priestess and fearsome leader) can embody the same character?
    I don’t have a problem with her leading a charge I have a problem with her doing it poorly. If she was a tactical commander who planned out her charges I’d like her a lot more, but instead she’s headstrong and doesn’t plan ahead.

I’ve also never seen her to be doe eyed or any thing other then head strong even when it comes to her god.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    She's a goddess. Beautiful, elegant, wise. Haters gonna hate. Maybe if she had a different voice ~
    Yeah, I don't think she's as wise as you may think. She certainly doesn't have the foresight to be aware of the consequences of her rash words and actions. I see some people like that about her, but let's not confuse old age with wisdom.

And yeah, her voice pretty much disqualifies her from waifu competition. That's just gross. She sounds like a trucker after a brown-out and a carton of cigarettes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Sorry your feelings are hurt because I don’t like bad fan art I guess? The art it self isn’t bad but it looks more like a high elf then a night elf and that makes it bad art of her.
    Yeah u are right, she definitely don't look like a night elf on that art, but I guess u are definitely too rude, it's still a very good art. But the character representation is bad, but the technic, the coloration and the shading are great

Seems some people dont realize that pointing out a characters flaws, or acknowledging they have them, is not the same as disliking a character.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noyel View Post
    Yeah u are right, she definitely don't look like a night elf on that art, but I guess u are definitely too rude, it's still a very good art. But the character representation is bad, but the technic, the coloration and the shading are great
    I ageee it’s good art it just isn’t good fan art.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don’t have a problem with her leading a charge I have a problem with her doing it poorly. If she was a tactical commander who planned out her charges I’d like her a lot more, but instead she’s headstrong and doesn’t plan ahead.

I’ve also never seen her to be doe eyed or any thing other then head strong even when it comes to her god.
    That's what makes Tyrande so great though. You don't need to plan ahead as long as you have your faith. Imo that's the message she embodies and why I like her as a character. Besides the bewbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Seems some people dont realize that pointing out a characters flaws, or acknowledging they have them, is not the same as disliking a character.
    True but then again... Plenty of people are stupid or act that way. It's never really because of their own conscious choice but because of what they believe in and their perspective on the world. Calling someone stupid may be objective truth but it's always glancing past if not neglecting the more important underlying reasons to their actions and behavior.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Eh, been a while since I read the books so might be a bit rusty. But most importantly you shouldn't. It is not up to anyone to tell you who to like or not. That beign said I do love her but hate a lot they have done to her. They seem to only portray the beginning of the middle of any story scenario she is in. And completely downplay the best part the Warrior leader of the most devoutly martial race on all of Azeroth. Night Elves, sentinels especially are so zealous they would make the Scarlet Crusade blush, and thats what we love about them. The Apex among this is Tyrande.

For the Wardens. they were completely in the wrong. They were under orders from Malfurion to guard Illidan. However at this time Malfurion is -NOT- a co leader of the Nightelves he is simply the druidic teacher and Tyrandes husband. The Wardens had no right to deny her request and even less so to attack her. So being a bloody Amazon her response was the same as theirs kill em all.

For the Satyr. They were nearly wiped to extinction only returning to curse and blight areas so essentially there was no guerilla war with them but a few individuals and group. However with the return of the legion they felt the call and rushed to reorganize suddenly becoming a threat within the NE homeland.

For MoP. She and her squad ambushed and decimated an orc army forcing the survivors into the temple of the Red crane. So in this Tyrande and her Huntresses (called rangers for some reason ugh) Now here is where it got weird because we have word of god from blizzard that her followup of storming the temple and slaughtering them to the last would have worked. Just with losses to her squad but 100% victory against a literal army. But yet Varian shows up and within eyesight sets up spinning blades and cannons then calls out "Come get me pansies" and watches the Horde walk into it. This one is granted. I dont think in 10k+ years anyone had ever thought anyone was dumb enough to fall for this. So if this is the highlight of Varians tactical ability and the general intelligence of an orcish army I think our only response is a giant >.<

As for the Nightborne, ugh that was painful to read but I am guessing (my thoughts alone) That since Thalyssra's story was an exact mirror of Tyrandes. Rebelling against a queenlike figure of immense arcane might, and leading a rag tag group or rebels to fight back, finding a hint of salvation in the newly kindled power of Druidism. But in looking at this and knowing Tyrandes greatest fear is to become like Azshara, which is why she refuses to accept the title of queen time and time again. That would be a pertinent question on her mind.

Diplomacy is actually weird with her too. She is clearly an extremely competent diplomat, creating and solidifying alliances with many races even bringing some into the Alliance. Even going as far as to deal with the Horde time and time again. (admittedly Thralls horde) Again by Blizzards own words her wisdom is sought among all the leaders of the Alliance. But she seems to have a really bad opener so maybe she requires prep time before entering negotiations. /shrug

But if you want reasons to actually like her it is more in what people have said. She is reckless but competent and self reliant. She loves her people to a degree we would only hope real life politicians would do. But at the same time you insult her she will not stoically take it she will scream them back at you and probably slam your head on the table a few times. She is one of the greatest archers in Azeroth and better yet even better with her glaive. She has a freaking tiger and a cute ghost owl. She is hard to befriend and even quite the bitch in doing so. But once you do she will stand with you through anything. Basically shes got a bit of reality to her despite being an 8 foot avatar of the moongoddess.

Sorry for rambling and lack of quotes. Haen't bothered to play with the functions yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its goddamn hillarious how proud of yourself you are.
    You mean like how funny it is when people proudly scream "For the Horde!" in real life?
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    You used Tyrande's appearance as a defense. You can say whatever you want, but your fate is already sealed.
    Both appearance and traits but anyway. Suit yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Yeah, I don't think she's as wise as you may think. She certainly doesn't have the foresight to be aware of the consequences of her rash words and actions. I see some people like that about her, but let's not confuse old age with wisdom.

And yeah, her voice pretty much disqualifies her from waifu competition. That's just gross. She sounds like a trucker after a brown-out and a carton of cigarettes.
    She's seen a lot that's why she's cautious about everything. The voice is pure rip.

Deleted
    Tyrande is the best example what happens if you live 10.000 years primary in holes in the earth or trees. It's like evolution backwards.
    Last edited by mmoc4616596657; 2018-02-24 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashuri View Post
    Tyrande is the best example what happens if you live 10.000 years primary in holes in the earth or trees. It's like evolution backwards.
    Evolution backwards is the same as evolution forwards... so you're saying it didn't change anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't like her and the night elves.
    oh no of coooooourse not, they only gave them a whole zone in legion, and another one with ghost night elves. And a cinematic with one of its leaders your now using as an avatar, yeah, they soooo dislike them.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh no of coooooourse not, they only gave them a whole zone in legion, and another one with ghost night elves. And a cinematic with one of its leaders your now using as an avatar, yeah, they soooo dislike them.
    A lot of night elf "fans" dont consider Illidan a night elf. Just like they dont consider Druid stuff night elf stuff (filthy neutrals). Or anything having to do with their past as night elf stuff (fair enough they werent night elves yet).

What Night Elf fans want isnt Night Elves, its Sentinels, which have not done anything through all of WoW. Its why they've put Tyrande on this big false pedestol. If they can't have their sentinels they can at least make Tyrande perfect in their eyes even though she's one of Warcraft's most flawed individuals.

Though they are a bit of a punching bag, but that's mostly because blizz only likes focusing humans when it comes to Alliance. Night Elves for all their incessant bitching are far more favored than every Alliance race except human.

Tyrande's character isn't that bad. Her distrust of the Nightborne is kind of understood. The reasons for NB going Horde makes plenty of sense without Tyrande around. Her coldness to outside races just helps affirm Thalyssra's decision, but it's not the Crux of her choice like many people make it see.
    For Tyrande, yes she has reasons to distrust. Night Elves have been cloistered for thousands of years, completely hostile to all outsiders. Night Elves have only been allies for 30 some years. Then she has to encounter the Nightborne, who are the highborne, they are the exact same group which nearly doomed the world with Azhara. And when she encounters them again they are in the grip of another tyrant making the same choices. So I understand her feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    She was pretty consistent from WC3 in legion. She was only poorly written in the one MoP scenario. Just because she isn't a nice waifu all the time like everyone seems to want female characters to be, doesn't mean she is poorly written.
    I agree. Considering her story with Suramar, she couldn't have acted any other way towards Thalyssra and her people. She had to be cold and suspicious. But she did help the Nightborne anyway. Now that Teldrassil is gone in BfA, it's the time for Tyrande to shine. I hope they don't miss that opportunity.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Both appearance and traits but anyway. Suit yourself.
    Calling a fictional character a goddess and beautiful is proof enough that you're thirsty as fuck for them lmfao
    After 7 expansions they gave a single zone to them that in fact it supposed to give them some love but in the end it made them dislikable as we can see through all the feedbacks. If night elves were completely absent in Legion they were more likable imo. The cinematic was the good part and I agree but it is not comparable to what Blizzard did to them over these 7 expansions. People who played Warcraft 3 know what I am talking about.
    Val'sharah is actually my favorite leveling Legion zone despite Tyrande being as unlikable as she is. It doesn't compare to Suramar though, but that has a far more developed storyline than any of the other zones so they can't really compete anyways.

I'll admit though that watching Tyrande frantically search for Malfurion was the most boring part, but all of the Ysera stuff was pretty awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Now that Teldrassil is gone in BfA, it's the time for Tyrande to shine. I hope they don't miss that opportunity.
    Blizzard's track record says otherwise. Garrosh's character was greatly disliked during Cata, so they made him into a villain in MoP to justify the playerbase's hatred of him, rather than give him any redeeming qualities. Tyrande could see the same fate.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2018-02-24 at 10:48 PM.

After 7 expansions they gave a single zone to them that in fact it supposed to give them some love but in the end it made them dislikable as we can see through all the feedbacks. If night elves were completely absent in Legion they were more likable imo. The cinematic was the good part and I agree but it is not comparable to what Blizzard did to them over these 7 expansions. People who played Warcraft 3 know what I am talking about.
    Wow, you would almost have an argument if not for that being true to a much larger extent for many other races.

Or how they got a lot in Cata (Hyjal)
    Or how they did a fair bit in MoP

You can cry all you want, Night Elves have gotten more story focus than the majority of the races of the game. You won't be satisfied until its nothing but them. Any time they get anything all I see are night elf fans bitching that its not enough or how it doesn't count (which is whats happened for a LOT of Legion)

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Sarcasm flew over your head. Again. I'm not surprised.
    Yeah, "sarcasm".

OT: Seriously, just forget about her. In WC3 she started as a character I simply didn't like, in WoW she's still all that but with an asinine development that made it ten times worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Calling a fictional character a goddess and beautiful is proof enough that you're thirsty as fuck for them lmfao
    Lol ok kid bye.

Lol ok kid bye.
    Its ok to admit it