Poll: What is your opinion on Turalyon?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Blizzard lost me with Turalyon being the trope paladin fighting a demon and losing, just for his OP wife to save the day. Really, Turalyon in Legion was nothing but an one dimension zealot with a light sword, he had more character in the past (losing his Light, seeing his commander dying in front of him, leading the Sons of Arathor into an unknown world).

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    While he felt like the legendary hero from lore, Legion didn't make it feel like so.

Especially after the whole lightforged/xe'ra audio drama.

And then the whole Alleria/Void theme got pushed way too much and too fast in short time.

They dropped the ball big time with Turalyon imo. He could have been a lot more interesting and epic in Legion. Blizzard pretty much made him take a back seat to Illidan and even Alleria.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    ITT Hordies salty that he's going back to the Alliance. He's got tons more personality than Tirion Blandring, but because he's waving the blue flag he's literally the worst character ever and deserves to die. Same thing that happened to Alleria once it was revealed she's Velf leader.
    Med'an has more of a personality than Turalyon does.

This is not a compliment.

Turalyon is someone who follows the Light completely and without question, and thinks the Horde are all monsters. There is a lot of potential for him, and many ways his story could go.

Will he be a burden for other Alliance leaders, opposing anything slightly dishonorable Greymane, Alleria or Jaina decide to do?
    Will he learn that the Light isn't always right and the world isn't black and white?
    Will he, and others like him, eventually become an antagonist (Scarlet Crusade style)?
    Maybe a mix of everything above?

Right now, though, he's not done anything interesting yet. Potential isn't enough to make a good character, and, as many people said, he's a very generic paladin with very little going for him. Not much else to say.

I think it might be worth mentioning the fake dialogue between him and Liadrin was pretty good and made him somewhat more interesting.

it was lame that none of the lore characters was in any of the fights for legions last raid.

Turalyon has badass face scars, dope armor/weapons, and earned a High Exarch title despite being human. I like him okay. I would like him even more if he actually cut Illidan's head off in that awful cutscene where the Prime Naaru was murdered [worst story ever].

Deleted
    Of course i like a fellow Paladin. He fights the good fight.

He is the replacement of Tyrion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    ITT Hordies salty that he's going back to the Alliance. He's got tons more personality than Tirion Blandring, but because he's waving the blue flag he's literally the worst character ever and deserves to die. Same thing that happened to Alleria once it was revealed she's Velf leader.
    what a lame argument. i don't think anyone cares that he's loyal to the alliance, or even expected otherwise. he's just a boring dweeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Of course i like a fellow Paladin. He fights the good fight.

He is the replacement of Tyrion.
    Tirion*
    This isn't A Song of Ice and Fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Tirion*
    This isn't A Song of Ice and Fire.
    Hehe... one could only wish. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Hehe... one could only wish. ^^
    Yeah, just what we need, some even more poorly written women and more people dying each expansion before they get a chance to do anything.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

5+ Year Old Account
    Actually, after seeing that he is now fighting in arathi and insulting the horde and being kinda racist my respect for him is increasing so much more.
    we don't need boring characters who are all "goodies".
    (actually yes, we need them but not in the alliance)

Going all sci-fi with the Light and his worship of the Naaru really ruined it.

But to be fair, everything about the Argus storyline was ruined by that. The sci-fi elements were really jarring and just not that engaging or enjoyable at the end of Legion, so it's not just Turalyon that was ruined by it.

A real testament to how talentless the Blizzard writing staff is that they can take a character that's been so hyped up and begged for over a decade and make him into someone completely disliked by even Alliance players.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    A real testament to how talentless the Blizzard writing staff is that they can take a character that's been so hyped up and begged for over a decade and make him into someone completely disliked by even Alliance players.
    I think that was part of the problem, he had been so hyped up that they did to much. Him coming down on golden glorious light armor wings with his light space ship and his lightsaber and oh look his wife is also powerful as hell holy fuck he's so amazing!
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I think that was part of the problem, he had been so hyped up that they did to much. Him coming down on golden glorious light armor wings with his light space ship and his lightsaber and oh look his wife is also powerful as hell holy fuck he's so amazing!
    I‘d have rathered he’d shown up looking like a hobo like “Guys I lost all my powers. I ain’t shit now. Also my wife was eaten by ogres.”

That would have been an interesting story.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I‘d have rathered he’d shown up looking like a hobo like “Guys I lost all my powers. I ain’t shit now. Also my wife was eaten by ogres.”

That would have been an interesting story.
    "My wife left me for a void space mummy"
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    I think he needs a protege, someone to ground him and someone he can teach. Kind of like an Uther/Arthas thing. Bring some levity to his character. As is he's just the archetypal lawful good Paladin, which is ok, but not very interesting.

I think the biggest problem is that he might be a few expansions too late. Most of the people I remember who liked him or still had fond memories of him have already quit for good this time. I feel like the first step to fixing him will be getting him out of that flashy generic Lightforged armor and into some more traditional Paladin plate like Uther. Secondly he seems kind of wishy-washy at the moment, he'll need to take a strong stance on something with the Alliance and he'll need a chance to prove just how much of a badass a 1000 year war Paladin should be. I doubt he'll get either but at least he's a nice paperweight for the time being.