Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Doom has a limit of one. (According to the tooltip in BfA). So while you can still use it to quick tag multiple targets it will only be on the last one you have casted it on. On live each target you quick tag will have an application of doom. So you can still quick tag but you will never benefit from a tick of Doom on earlier targets.
    the guy just wanted to multi tag targets, doom does exactly what he wants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    the guy just wanted to multi tag targets, doom does exactly what he wants.
    not really, you can tag a target with it, but it isnt a reliable multi tagging ability as you can essentially only tag 1 target every 30 sec which isnt exactly something you can call multi tagging.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    not really, you can tag a target with it, but it isnt a reliable multi tagging ability as you can essentially only tag 1 target every 30 sec which isnt exactly something you can call multi tagging.
    thats not how the spell works, it doesnt have a 30 sec cd. its has a 1 limit requirement, meaning, you can keep tagging however many targets you want, however the spell will just be removed from the previous add.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Doom has a limit of one. (According to the tooltip in BfA). So while you can still use it to quick tag multiple targets it will only be on the last one you have casted it on. On live each target you quick tag will have an application of doom. So you can still quick tag but you will never benefit from a tick of Doom on earlier targets.
    Ah, I'll be honest I didn't bother reading it. It currently doesn't work that way, its just normal doom and you can put it on as many targets as you want. Probably not implemented yet though, demo is barely functioning on a lot of things.

Yeah though you could still tag things with it which is all he wanted to do.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2018-02-22 at 12:10 AM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Build 26095

Talents
    Bilescourge Bombers Name changed from "Biliescourge Bombers" to "Bilescourge Bombers". Tear open a portal to the nether above the target location, from which several Bilescourge will pour out of and crash into the ground, dealing 0 Shadow damage to all enemies within 0 yards. Demonology Warlock - Level 60 Talent. Instant.

Demonic Calling Shadowbolt has Shadowbolt and Soulfire have a 0% chance to make your next Call Dreadstalkers cost no Soul Shards. Demonology Warlock - Level 15 Talent. Instant.

Demonic Strength Infuse your Felguard with demonic power, increasing all damage it deals by 0% and causing it to use a bonus attack every 0 sec for until cancelled. Demonology Warlock - Level 60 Talent. Instant.

Fel Strike Name changed from "Demonic Strength" to "Fel Strike". Felguard deals 0% increased damage, and the cooldown of Felstorm is reduced by 0% Command your Felguard to smash its enemy with a Fel Strike, dealing 0 Physical damage. Demonology Warlock - Level 15 Talent. Instant.

Inner Demons Imp Swarm is now a passive ability that summons one Wild Imp every 5 sec. Every time this summons a Wild Imp, you have a 0% chance to also a summon an additional Demon to fight for you for until cancelled 0 sec. Demonology Warlock - Level 100 Talent. Instant.

Raging Imps Name changed from "Overloaded" to "Raging Imps".

Sacrificed Souls Each Soul Shard spent reduces the cooldown of Demon Commander by 0.0 sec. Instant. Demonology Warlock - Level 90 Talent. Instant.

Demonology
    Soulfire Calls down a demonic meteor full of Wild Imps which burst forth to attack the target. Deals up to 0 Shadowflame damage on impact to all enemies within 0 yds of the target and summons up to 0 Wild Imps, based on Soul Shards consumed. Warlock - Demonology Spec. Instant. Send the fiery soul of a Wild Imp at the enemy, causing 0 Fire damage. Generates 2 Soul Shards. Warlock - Demonology Spec. Instant.

I like the idea of having additional pet abilities as talents, that could be interesting depending on how it plays out.

The wording of soulfire sounds like you need to have an imp on the field to use it/sacrifice it, might just be a strange wording though.
    Last edited by Drakile; 2018-02-22 at 10:46 PM.

Armory^

The Soulfire wording matchs perfectly cause it procs from dying Imps.

That Sacrificed Souls talent sounds very interesting. Still waiting to see the new mastery, and something more for AoE. At least the Bombers got their CD reduced.

Not thrilled with the removal of Synergy tbh... One step forward 1 step back, just like with sacrifice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Build 26095

Talents
    Bilescourge Bombers Name changed from "Biliescourge Bombers" to "Bilescourge Bombers". Tear open a portal to the nether above the target location, from which several Bilescourge will pour out of and crash into the ground, dealing 0 Shadow damage to all enemies within 0 yards. Demonology Warlock - Level 60 Talent. Instant.

Demonic Calling Shadowbolt has Shadowbolt and Soulfire have a 0% chance to make your next Call Dreadstalkers cost no Soul Shards. Demonology Warlock - Level 15 Talent. Instant.

Demonic Strength Infuse your Felguard with demonic power, increasing all damage it deals by 0% and causing it to use a bonus attack every 0 sec for until cancelled. Demonology Warlock - Level 60 Talent. Instant.

Fel Strike Name changed from "Demonic Strength" to "Fel Strike". Felguard deals 0% increased damage, and the cooldown of Felstorm is reduced by 0% Command your Felguard to smash its enemy with a Fel Strike, dealing 0 Physical damage. Demonology Warlock - Level 15 Talent. Instant.

Inner Demons Imp Swarm is now a passive ability that summons one Wild Imp every 5 sec. Every time this summons a Wild Imp, you have a 0% chance to also a summon an additional Demon to fight for you for until cancelled 0 sec. Demonology Warlock - Level 100 Talent. Instant.

Raging Imps Name changed from "Overloaded" to "Raging Imps".

Sacrificed Souls Each Soul Shard spent reduces the cooldown of Demon Commander by 0.0 sec. Instant. Demonology Warlock - Level 90 Talent. Instant.

Demonology
    Soulfire Calls down a demonic meteor full of Wild Imps which burst forth to attack the target. Deals up to 0 Shadowflame damage on impact to all enemies within 0 yds of the target and summons up to 0 Wild Imps, based on Soul Shards consumed. Warlock - Demonology Spec. Instant. Send the fiery soul of a Wild Imp at the enemy, causing 0 Fire damage. Generates 2 Soul Shards. Warlock - Demonology Spec. Instant.

I like the idea of having additional pet abilities as talents, that could be interesting depending on how it plays out.

The wording of soulfire sounds like you need to have an imp on the field to use it/sacrifice it, might just be a strange wording though.
    When imps expire they have a 15% chance to proc molten core.

Also can we start calling Bilescourge Bombers "Bataclysm"?

<.<
    Last edited by Maleific; 2018-02-22 at 11:51 PM.

Well yeah I know the MC proc, its just the wording to me made it sound like even after the proc the actual casting of the spell consumed one imp, but I think its just a fancy way of saying you're using the soul of the imp who just died. Like you guys said.

Armory^

Felstrike is a great idea, please expand to give an extra spell to all baseline pets. Give me a reason to summon a succubus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post

<.<
    Also this please.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    The Soulfire wording matchs perfectly cause it procs from dying Imps.

That Sacrificed Souls talent sounds very interesting. Still waiting to see the new mastery, and something more for AoE. At least the Bombers got their CD reduced.
    thats technically molten core, which is different from soulfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Still waiting to see the new mastery, and something more for AoE. At least the Bombers got their CD reduced.
    And they're also instant now. It's not a big deal but eh, I'll take every little buff to Demo AoE I can take atm. Sacrificed Souls is also a small AoE buff to Demo. Reduces the cd of the Commander which is crazy AoE, but way too long a cd.

aside from the AoE, I like the change to Demonic Calling (includes Soulfire now). I thought Fel Strike would be an AoE cone or something, I think that would be a neat buff for AoE.
    Last edited by Azelas; 2018-02-23 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Not thrilled with the removal of Synergy tbh... One step forward 1 step back, just like with sacrifice.

- - - Updated - - -

When imps expire they have a 15% chance to proc molten core.

<.<
    see, now i'm gonna have to make a macro for casting it
    /say nanananananananananananana BATACLYSM

Fel Strike; the warlock's Kill Command

We beastmastery now bois

in this vid is possible to see "nether portal" in action (at 19:25)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIhXEoj4ZBE

p.sp. Doom is multi target

At the moment the commander just stands there, wouldnt be surprised if hes gonna do something else.

Im still kind of expecting him to be the hots azmodan ability.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    At the moment the commander just stands there, wouldnt be surprised if hes gonna do something else.

Maybe he'll also take my daughter to prom or go get me some chicken mcnuggets from McDonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    in this vid is possible to see "nether portal" in action (at 19:25)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIhXEoj4ZBE

p.sp. Doom is multi target
    Neat, I saw Shivarran, Ur'zul and one of those demonic cerberus things.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

did they remove the shadow bolt volley he did? That's what he did in other alpha videos, it was kickass.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    did they remove the shadow bolt volley he did? That's what he did in other alpha videos, it was kickass.
    Impressive, but I also saw it pulling everything. Mobs not in combat, neutral mobs, every target in sight. That might be okay in a raid boss fight, but it's obviously not for open world or Mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Impressive, but I also saw it pulling everything. Mobs not in combat, neutral mobs, every target in sight. That might be okay in a raid boss fight, but it's obviously not for open world or Mythic+.
    They could just make the volley work like fire and brimstone imo.