Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The world looked nice when you ignored retcons, but I wasn't impressed with the quests.
    yeah like i said, reggrdless the bulshit lore, Draenor is better than azeroth, beautiful place

questlines are better than Legion IMO

I have to disagree with that pretty strongly.

you cant have skin colors like this for the maghar of outland:

outland mahgar have blackrock clan, indeed, but they are brown, not black/grey

Sensible intro quests aren't going to salvage WoD Orcs though. Their potential leaders, at this point, are Durotan and Grom. Neither can actually participate in Azerothian events without cheapening their MU Counterparts and related characters (ie, Durotan:Thrall, MU Drek'thar, etc.) That's the problem, not the tbd intro quests. Jorin Deadeye, for example, wouldn't have had this problem.
    How does it cheapen. They're not the same orcs, they're essentially identical twins at best of the MU counterparts. The only way they cheapen them is in the emotinal eyes of crybabies not rational minds of people that understand that in reality they are not the same orcs as their MU counterparts due to the nature of the differences in the timelines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    questlines are better than Legion IMO
    Legion quests are a pretty low bar though.

you cant have skin colors like this for the maghar of outland:
    outland mahgar have blackrock clan, indeed, but they are brown, not black/grey
    Oh but you can. Think about it this way, Sylvanas was a "Night Elf" in-game until WotLK. The presence of clans associated with said skin tones is enough justification.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    How does it cheapen. They're not the same orcs, they're essentially identical twins at best of the MU counterparts. The only way they cheapen them is in the emotinal eyes of crybabies not rational minds of people that understand that in reality they are not the same orcs as their MU counterparts due to the nature of the differences in the timelines.
    Are you seriously going to pretend that MU & AU Grom aren't inherently linked by the fact that, I don't know, maybe they're both Grom Hellscream? Grom's sacrifice was one of the few decent arcs in game. AU Grom's presence alone cheapens that arc. Where exactly can they take AU Grom? Are they going to have a tacky repeat of MU Grom's sacrifice? Is he just going to be "repentant Grom?" thus detracting from the gravity of MU Grom's sacrifice? He's going to be in the shadow of MU Grom, regardless.

Alternate timelines are just bad. You can hurl words like "crybaby" around all you like, that doesn't change the fact that they're bad.

rational minds of people that understand...
    LOL
    Translation:
    "To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Warlords of Draenor. The story is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical multiverse theory most of the plot will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Garrosh's ethnocentric outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization- his personal philosophy draws heavily from 20th Century Reactionary literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these plots, to realize that they’re not just epic- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Warlords of Draenor truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the penultimate achievement is named “Time is a Flat Circle,” which itself is a cryptic reference to one of Nietzsche’s central texts "The Gay Science." I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Alex Afrasiabi’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, I DO have an Iron Horde tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid "

I hope it's truly Grom. And i hope he kills Cenarius again or even better, he could kill Malfurion.
    Then we could bathe in tears on this forum.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    So... are the Alliance getting Yrel then?

Seriously though, did you really think the Alliance would get orcs? Come now.
    Yup, those people are serious.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Whelp.. one of the worst characters in the history of the game is becoming one of the Horde's faction leaders.
    Genn Greymane says "hi"

jk, is there proof he's the leader? I highly doubt that he would be and I personally wouldn't like it. If anything, Durotar is the leader of them now and we're most likely just getting a handful of orcs from the entire population, most likely led by a someone not a warchief.
    Not only does he decide to genocide against the Draenei once he decides to do it again against the people who freed him. Alliance got slapped in the face here once again.
    Why do Alliance players think this way? Us Horde players have had this problem for the longest time, every time we have to work with Alliance npcs or Alliance aligned groups, yet you guys are just now understanding this concept?

You say the alliance saved Grom, the same could be said for the Horde. You know the main difference, the Horde worked with Orcs in Draenor and the Alliance didn't, guess who those orcs are going to be joining...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, so you don't like the storytelling, I get it. Does that make you not play them? Just curious to see how much lore influences you.
    Considering I main a DH at the moment, with a DK serving as my main alt, I won't be playing them on either of the characters I spend most of my time on. I'll probably level one, and race change my warrior and shaman over after.

Really though, lore as something that could potentially be enjoyable doesn't have much bearing on what I do and don't play.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    oh god, that's how the Horde gets Teldrassil.

Grom runs screaming out of the forest and one shots Cenarius/Malfurion/ anyone who was defending.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    oh god, that's how the Horde gets Teldrassil.

Grom runs screaming out of the forest and one shots Cenarius/Malfurion/ anyone who was defending.
    I support this. How hilarious would it be if they have Grom kill Cenarius again for old times sake. We know Blizzard likes their Warcraft 3 references.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion quests are a pretty low bar though.
    understandable, but i would give WoD a fair 7/10 on questlines, 8/10 with maps like arak, and Legion a solid 1/10 rofl

Oh but you can. Think about it this way, Sylvanas was a "Night Elf" in-game until WotLK. The presence of clans associated with said skin tones is enough justification.
    i don't think so, first because the sylvanas thin was model, not color, and since we stay the entire TBc in outland and all orcs are brown or red, there is no sense of other colors to op up from nowhere, just take the example of Drannosh, blackrock orc, yet, pretty brown

Same for the other clans leftovers, they would need to make a retcon, to me is ok, but they clearly didn't want to for that route

no, he has a problem with warlocks, not green orcs, a lot of his followers were green orcs, like nazgrin
    I think you're missing my point. He sees green orcs as a product of the shameful past mistakes his father and his people made. Seeing a brown orc coloring themselves or pretending to be a green orc would definitely hit his berserk button. Was that more clear?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I think you're missing my point. He sees green orcs as a product of the shameful past mistakes his father and his people made. Seeing a brown orc coloring themselves or pretending to be a green orc would definitely hit his berserk button. Was that more clear?
    it would not lol, you are over exaggerating

and again he was not warchief

it would not lol, you are over exaggerating

and again he was not warchief
    *Conversation starts talking about a joke that an orc painting himself green pissed off Garrosh*
    *Gets told that an orc painting himself green pissing off Garrosh is all in my imagination*

Wut?

Did you forget about the two full expansions that Garrosh was warchief? And if it's talking about Grommash, he was Warchief of the Iron Horde.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you forget about the two full expansions that Garrosh was warchief? And if it's talking about Grommash, he was Warchief of the Iron Horde.
    Which seems to be where these Orcs come from...

7+ Year Old Account
    *Conversation starts talking about a joke that an orc painting himself green pissed off Garrosh*
    *Gets told that an orc painting himself green pissing off Garrosh is all in my imagination*
    you are assuming she is talking about Garrosh, she is not, because Garrosh give 2 fucks about green color, when he have a lot of followers green, only Grom would be pissed of because of gul'dan and the fel horde in draenor

Wut?

Garrosh was not warchief of the iron horde, neither was warchief of draenor orcs, it was Grom

The orcs are not from outland, this quote would make no sense if they were, because when they are in outland they never meet Warchief Garrosh, only non-warchief Garrosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Ok. Thank God the zugzug go to the Horde. I wonder what we're gonna get.
    Since blizz is going down this wierd ass route, I guess to balance this out we will get the dranei from au draenor, yrel and what not (God I wish maraad had not died, would rather have him instead of yrel)
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

you are assuming she is talking about Garrosh, she is not, because Garrosh give 2 fucks about green color, when he have a lot of followers green, only Grom would be pissed of because of gul'dan and the fel horde in draenor

Garrosh was not warchief of the iron horde, neither was warchief of draenor orcs, it was Grom

The orcs are not from outland, this quote would make no sense if they were, because when they are in outland they never meet Warchief Garrosh, only non-warchief Garrosh
    Garrosh was warchief of our Horde. Grommash was warchief of the Iron Horde. And whichever one the joke is referring to would not be amused by an orc painting himself green.

7+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh was warchief of our Horde. Grommash was warchief of the Iron Horde. And whichever one the joke is referring to would not be amused by an orc painting himself green.
    Garrosh give zero shits about green color dude, he was warchief of the green orcs for 2 expansions and live among then for 3, jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Guys you are jumping to conclusion.

The MagThar orcs, who were orcs on Outlands KNEW the old, original Grom Hellscream who came with WC3 to Azeroth and died here.

He was warchief of the warsong till Wc3 and since these orcs are from Outlands they are refering to him. Also Groms son was an mag thar who lived in nargrand (outlands) during BC.
    Maghar just means uncorrupted (orcs). The Horde is definetly getting the Draenor Orcs and not the Outland ones from Nagrand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Since blizz is going down this wierd ass route, I guess to balance this out we will get the dranei from au draenor, yrel and what not (God I wish maraad had not died, would rather have him instead of yrel)
    The Draenor Draenei are just the same as the Azeroth Draenei (remember AU Velen?), they don't have any differences whatsoever except for a slightly different lore (no different runes, marking, Colors or whatever like the LF draenei). Alliance will probably get some subrace from another xpac or maybe Fat/Thin humans.