10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurivar View Post
    I'd have to disagree. The short story on the old WoW site about the War of the Shifting Sand talking about the loss of his son at the hands (or should I rather say : claws) of Rajaxx is one of the best WoW related story I've read to this day.

It wasn't directly in game, I'll give you that, but it wasn't hard to access either.
    Sure but having it ingame would of increased the interest in him more then how many people actually were. Don't get me wrong as I said he's a tragic character but the vibe that he gave never sat right with me. I always knew about his son though. Not exactly something you can forget
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Dunno why people act like Stonetalon is out of character for Garrosh when even in terms of MoP it isn't.

When has he ever supported bombing neutral (non-Alliance affiliated) civilians? The Siege of Theramore took weeks, and by the time the Mana Bomb was dropped, the civilians were evacuated. And it's not like Theramore was neutral; the entire storyline of Horde-Kalimdor is about the war between Horde Forces and Northwatch forces, who are under the jurisdiction of Theramore.

Garrosh hasn't changed much from Wrath until MoP. He always was honor and conquest first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Dunno why people act like Stonetalon is out of character for Garrosh when even in terms of MoP it isn't.

When has he ever supported bombing neutral (non-Alliance affiliated) civilians? The Siege of Theramore took weeks, and by the time the Mana Bomb was dropped, the civilians were evacuated. And it's not like Theramore was neutral; the entire storyline of Horde-Kalimdor is about the war between Horde Forces and Northwatch forces, who are under the jurisdiction of Theramore.

Garrosh hasn't changed much from Wrath until MoP. He always was honor and conquest first.
    Theramore isn't quite a good example considering Garrosh rounded up a big load of it's citizen to make them prisonner, took them back to Orgrimmar where he then made his men use them as target practice. I'm pretty sure he didn't care bout civilian lives at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurivar View Post
    Theramore isn't quite a good example considering Garrosh rounded up a big load of it's citizen to make them prisonner, took them back to Orgrimmar where he then made his men use them as target practice. I'm pretty sure he didn't care bout civilian lives at this point.
    And well there's also if Baine didn't intervene...well more civillians would of died.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Dunno why people act like Stonetalon is out of character for Garrosh
    Probably because the people who wrote Garrosh in Cata and MoP themselves said it was out of character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Garrosh has developed down the stonetalon path. Firm, but with compassion. Honorable, yet fierce. I basically wanted him to be Grom but more modern horde oriented. Dominate Kalimdor while sparing those that surrender and innocents.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's not that unique. His backstory is tragic but it wasn't that well told in WoW(Until Cataclysm)
    I mean he was unique in that he was actually a dick to players, and yet not (at least at the time) the enemy.

These days NPCs just about cream themselves whenever we walk past, screaming 'Champion' and 'Hero' at the top of their voices, and anyone even vaguely dickish swiftly turns killable.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Looks like some Nightborne joined Reliquary in Zuldazar.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted

Unhappy

I genuinely hate saying this, but BfA is poised to have the worst class balance since vanilla WoW itself. Everything is one step forward and 5 steps back.

They have no clue what they're doing anymore at Blizzard and the token effort of re-arranging the terrible talent system every expansion is simply not gonna cut it anymore, especially when it's a complete hackjob trying to cauterize the wound that comes from players losing their artifacts. They like to lie and claim how everything is under control and how no class was balanced around their artifacts in any capacity, but nobody's buying it. A small example from my own mained spec, Outlaw, would be making the artifact trait Loaded Dice part of the talent tree. Loaded Dice came to be, due to overwhelming amount of complaints from the rogue community due to how badly implemented the Roll the Bones was. Loaded Dice was supposed to be a bandaid until the next expansion addressed the core skill itself. And that's just a small example from my own class, but I can guarantee every class and possibly spec has a story like this.

Another thing that's getting more egregious in BfA that was very apparent in Legion is that there are simply too many talents among classes that should be baseline. Some of these are simply inexcusable, especially that of Paladins. The dichotomy of having to choose between better gameplay/rotation or doing bigger numbers is the worst it's ever been since the talent system was introduced in Cata and refined in Mists.

I don't like being a downer and have already bought the expansion but I'm genuinely worried about the future of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octagonecologyst View Post
    I genuinely hate saying this, but BfA is poised to have the worst class balance since vanilla WoW itself. Everything is one step forward and 5 steps back.

They have no clue what they're doing anymore at Blizzard and the token effort of re-arranging the terrible talent system every expansion is simply not gonna cut it anymore, especially when it's a complete hackjob trying to cauterize the wound that comes from players losing their artifacts. They like to lie and claim how everything is under control and how no class was balanced around their artifacts in any capacity, but nobody's buying it. A small example from my own mained spec, Outlaw, would be making the artifact trait Loaded Dice part of the talent tree. Loaded Dice came to be, due to overwhelming amount of complaints from the rogue community due to how badly implemented the Roll the Bones was. Loaded Dice was supposed to be a bandaid until the next expansion addressed the core skill itself. And that's just a small example from my own class, but I can guarantee every class and possibly spec has a story like this.

Another thing that's getting more egregious in BfA that was very apparent in Legion is that there are simply too many talents among classes that should be baseline. Some of these are simply inexcusable, especially that of Paladins. The dichotomy of having to choose between better gameplay/rotation or doing bigger numbers is the worst it's ever been since the talent system was introduced in Cata and refined in Mists.

I don't like being a downer and have already bought the expansion but I'm genuinely worried about the future of WoW.
    Why would they like to lie? just saying everythings a downer won't really add anything to help Blizzard. Also noting it's only the first few builds of Alpha so there's plenty of time to change and gather feedback. I mean if release was in 2 months your post might make sense.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Why would they like to lie? just saying everythings a downer won't really add anything to help Blizzard. Also noting it's only the first few builds of Alpha so there's plenty of time to change and gather feedback. I mean if release was in 2 months your post might make sense.
    Saying Legion classes were built without artifact weapons and their accompanying traits in mind is bollocks of the highest magnitude. There's nothing that could convince me otherwise

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    *sweats*
    Anyone link this yet?

Anyone who says the Old World is fine can eat crow now. We need a revamp in 9.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well shit Stromgarde looks pretty boss.

Warrior-Magi

First, Garrosh did not know that the city was evacuated, and that happened because Baine went behind his back and warned the Alliance that something was going to happen. Second, he then sent the Kor'kron to round up the fleeing survivors who were kept prisoners at best, tortured, killed or forced to fight at worst.

Afriasabi himself also explicitly said it was an out of character moment because he was out of the loop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Anyone who says the Old World is fine can eat crow now. We need a revamp in 9.0.
    We need one NOW!
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    *sweats*
    Anyone link this yet?

My question is if it'll look like that all the time or only in Warfronts

arathi's too forested in the updated version.

it's pretty, but it loses that open field aesthetic of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

Damn druids and all their "More trees = better" beliefs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

It still looks better.

Warrior-Magi

*sweats*
    Anyone link this yet?

Holy crap that looks incredible. It looks way better than I had anticipated.