Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Someone really believed Trump could be at 50% approval? HA! Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I don't agree with polls but I am told they are correct by the lot of you on here so now they're wrong lol par for the course.
    Who ever told you that Rasmussen is correct? Who is this "lot" you speak of?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with polls but I am told they are correct by the lot of you on here so now they're wrong lol par for the course.
    Not all polls are equal and Rasmussen has long been known to have really shitty sampling methods. There have been lots of analysis done on this if you care to educate yourself.

Even when people were all gung ho about the polls we all still said Rasmussen was crap. Because it is. And we've been vocal about it from the start.

So knock it off with your disingenuous posting.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    No it is troubling, but I think it was nothing more than posturing, just as much as Kim's comments weren't in any way reality. Like I said, not good, but definitely overblown as an actual nuclear war threat.
    Okay then how about his policy trying to bring coal back?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Okay then how about his policy trying to bring coal back?
    Imagine somebody were touting Obama, right? They were touting all the great things he's done, all the progressive policies and advancement they felt was substantial, all that.

And then somebody comes in with, "How about that policy of 'you can keep your health plan if you like it'", "How about that *fill in the blank*," How about..."

You see how this is a non-starter?

I'm not claiming Obama fell short more than Trump, I'm not saying that, but hopefully you can see how this line of discussion is in no way constructive.

No it is troubling, but I think it was nothing more than posturing, just as much as Kim's comments weren't in any way reality. Like I said, not good, but definitely overblown as an actual nuclear war threat.
    Fair enough. But I'm still patently shocked that this behavior isn't viewed more seriously, because it's downright terrifying for any developed, democratic nation. Like, this is not how normal people, especially heads of state, act. It never has been, at least not in developed countries, and the fact that things are so far out of whack now that people who claim to be more moderate conservatives don't take issue with it genuinely makes me question whether or not conservatism in America is now a lost cause.

It's the same website that tracked Obama's success rate and everyone agreed with it then.
    No, no one but right wingers with land lines still, agreed with it. Because that is all that Rasmussen calls anymore, is old people with only land lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fair enough. But I'm still patently shocked that this behavior isn't viewed more seriously, because it's downright terrifying for any developed, democratic nation. Like, this is not how normal people, especially heads of state, act. It never has been, at least not in developed countries, and the fact that things are so far out of whack now that people who claim to be more moderate conservatives don't take issue with it genuinely makes me question whether or not conservatism in America is now a lost cause.
    I wanted several candidates ahead of him, but I will say this, that I honestly think his language was part of his appeal. What you saw is what you got. Even if you vehemently disagreed with him, you knew he wasn't blowing smoke: that was how he felt. And more importantly, when he said things you liked, you felt like he was being honest with you. I would disagree with how you describe how "normal people" act; I work in the construction industry, and they all have a very Trump-like manner of direct speech and un-PC language. They don't couch what they say with appropriate qualifiers. And again, having a candidate mimic that resonated, I believe.

Imagine somebody were touting Obama, right? They were touting all the great things he's done, all the progressive policies and advancement they felt was substantial, all that.

And then somebody comes in with, "How about that policy of 'you can keep your health plan if you like it'", "How about that *fill in the blank*," How about..."

You see how this is a non-starter?

I'm not claiming Obama fell short more than Trump, I'm not saying that, but hopefully you can see how this line of discussion is in no way constructive.
    What does my question have to do with Obama? Stop using whataboutism to dodge it. You said that you thought Trump's policies were good and people are asking you about his policies, there's no reason to deflect to Obama. The previous president had his shortcomings, they all do, but Trump is the first president where we have to ask what are his long-comings, as it would be quicker to list those than his shortcomings.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2018-02-24 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No, no one but right wingers with land lines still, agreed with it. Because that is all that Rasmussen calls anymore, is old people with only land lines.
    Any survey company that doesn't also call cell phones is pretty worthless these days.
    Forum badass alert:

I wanted several candidates ahead of him, but I will say this, that I honestly think his language was part of his appeal. What you saw is what you got.
    Struggling to believe you with this given how frequently he contradicts himself and backpedals.

I mean, if what you saw was a dishonest conman, yeah, that's what you got. But that's not what most people who say this actually mean, which is what is so fucking confusing to me.

Even if you vehemently disagreed with him, you knew he wasn't blowing smoke up your rear end; that was how he felt.
    Except all those times that he would say shit like "drain the swamp" to thunderous applause...and then trash talk how dumb he thought that phrase was in front of his cheering audience.

Blowing smoke up your ass is literally what he does on a daily basis.

And more importantly, when he said things you liked, you felt like he was being honest with you.
    Yes, that's what conmen(and women) do.

I would disagree with how you describe how "normal people" act; I work in the construction industry, and they all have a very Trump-like manner of direct speech and un-PC language.
    I've worked manual labor. I've worked retail. I've worked service. I've worked corporate. I've dealt with people who aren't PC (my office right now is very progressive, but we are not PC with our language at all). I've dealt with people who were crude. I've dealt with people who weren't educated.

And for the overwhelming majority of them? I'd never want someone who behaves such a way as president. Ever. No matter what their policies were.

And again, having a candidate mimic that resonated, I believe.
    Sure, having a candidate mimic disabled reporters sure is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Struggling to believe you with this given how frequently he contradicts himself and backpedals.

I mean, if what you saw was a dishonest conman, yeah, that's what you got. But that's not what most people who say this actually mean, which is what is so fucking confusing to me.

Except all those times that he would say shit like "drain the swamp" to thunderous applause...and then trash talk how dumb he thought that phrase was in front of his cheering audience.
    What I mean is, when he blustered loudly, you didn't have to ask yourself, "Is this really how he feels?" Nobody heard his statements about, "Mexico isn't sending their best," and thought, "Am I being conned? Does he really care about immigration?" I'm sure there are times where he's backed off or backed down, but I'm speaking more about his frankness than his follow-through. And I'm not claiming I liked or didn't like this aspect of him, I'm simply saying that that was the strong impression he gave and I think it helped his appeal, I really do. The "two-faced politician" meme has been around since before memes were even a thing.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2018-02-24 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Any survey company that doesn't also call cell phones is pretty worthless these days.
    Which is why NO ONE but the right wing media thinks Rasmussen is credible.

What I mean is, when he blustered loudly, you didn't have to ask yourself, "Is this really how he feels?"
    Really? Because I genuinely don't know given his comments in general. This is the man that is serious about throwing himself an expensive military parade. He wasn't joking about it.

I'm sure there are times where he's backed off or backed down, but I'm speaking more about his frankness than his follow-through.
    His follow-through? Do I need to dig up his "promise to America" that he sent out after winning and go through, point by point, how little he's done in even attempting to make progress on most of the points? He's barely followed through on anything.

And I'm not claiming I liked or didn't like this aspect of him, I'm simply saying that that was the strong impression he gave.
    Again, I'm not sure how. The man is a transparent con-man, he always has been. Why people have been so suckered by him is beyond me.

You can't use a single poll to decide ANYONE's approval. This has been true for always. The rule in political science is that 10% of polls are bad polls, and if a poll is dramatically outside of the average, it's probably the bad poll.

In this case, completely ignoring whether Rasmussen is trustworthy or not, they are reporting a full 25%+ ahead of every other poll in the field. This is the bad poll.

Remember in 2012, when people kept citing a single poll as proof Romney was going to win? And he lost bigly. Because a single poll is bad times.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Remember in 2012, when people kept citing a single poll as proof Romney was going to win? And he lost bigly. Because a single poll is bad times.
    Didn't that poll happen to be Rasmussen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Of you want to talk about poll numbers, link fivethirtyeight. They do aggregates of ALL polls, and keep detailed records of pollster bias and MoE, going back to Harry Truman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

This is a new low for this forum only to be topped next week but still a new low.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    This is a new low for this forum only to be topped next week but still a new low.
    I would disagree, @Ransath's victim blaming in the "armed teachers" thread is the current low, and I don't see that changing in the near future unless somebody gets really unhinged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the death threats were the forum low and will stay that way.
    Forum badass alert:

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Pretty sure the death threats were the forum low and will stay that way.
    The sad thing is, that they didn't permaban those posters. Couple weeks off and he's back making more threats.