Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    C'mon Wildberry you say there is no canonical reference then you ask for citation needed.
    I said there was no canonical reference towards a time skip. That was in response to you claiming that "decades" had passed. I was asking for any citation as to the current state of outland.

sometimes you need to remember none of this is real and this is lore forum so you cant count when a xpac started or finished cause that doesnt mean shit in the time scale.
    I was going by the UVG Timeline... You know, something endorsed by Blizzard as being canon? Seems a little closer to reality than feelings.

But sometimes you need to see this in realistic eyes and with the info that is given and that is what we was told and what we have seen and thats outlands is doomed we see that its breaking up and that was in the first xpac!
    Outland has been in that state since the end of the WC2 Expansion (~8 years prior to BC). We see that prior to Cata (10 years after the destruction of Draenor) it still exists in some fashion.

Iam not sure what you are trying to prove is it that Outland is still a thriving orc homeworld full of orcs
    Quit being disingenuous. Nobody claimed Outland is "thriving." I'm simply saying you have zero proof for your headcanon.

or do you need to just accept that outland is done for and the only place where we will get brown/grey orcs is AU draenor?
    Yes, we're getting AU Orcs (It's a bad decision), as far as Outland goes: [Citation Needed]

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I said there was no canonical reference towards a time skip. That was in response to you claiming that "decades" had passed. I was asking for any citation as to the current state of outland.

I was going by the UVG Timeline... You know, something endorsed by Blizzard as being canon? Seems a little closer to reality than feelings.

Outland has been in that state since the end of the WC2 Expansion (~8 years prior to BC). We see that prior to Cata (10 years after the destruction of Draenor) it still exists in some fashion.

Quit being disingenuous. Nobody claimed Outland is "thriving." I'm simply saying you have zero proof for your headcanon.

Yes, we're getting AU Orcs (It's a bad decision), as far as Outland goes: [Citation Needed]
    The UVG hasnt been updated since 2016 plus you need remember Outlands is hurtling towards the twisting nether and Time passes differently deep inside the Twisting Nether, and it is impossible to tell whether days, years, or centuries have passed.

And that was as you say https://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(..._Visual_Guide)

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Twisting_Nether

So clearly that planet is dust by now unless it hasnt reached the twisting nether but if it has then time is meaningless.

Just accept Outlands is gone by now and if you cant accept that then post away

10+ Year Old Account
    The UVG hasnt been updated since 2016 plus you need remember Outlands is hurtling towards the twisting nether and Time passes differently deep inside the Twisting Nether, and it is impossible to tell whether days, years, or centuries have passed.
    The UVG not being updated since 2016 has absolutely no bearing on whether or not it's accepted as the canonical timeline (it is). Yes, time travels differently in the nether for zero reason, got it. That's not really not an argument considering the planet has likely been there since the Destruction of Draenor.

So clearly that planet is dust by now unless it hasnt reached the twisting nether but if it has then time is meaningless.
    If it's so clear can you give me a citation instead of shitposting headcanon?

Just accept Outlands is gone by now and if you cant accept that then post away
    "I don't have a source, just accept that it's gone, because uhh... reasons. I mean, I know I can't get the timeline right, but trust me on this one!!!!"
    Lol no.

Why are you people thinking there are any Maghar left in Outland? It was a dying world even when we visited it in TBC. I always thought they all ventured to Azeroth pre-wotlk with Garrosh who was, you know, their leader?

For all we know there are no orcs on draenor anymore.

The UVG not being updated since 2016 has absolutely no bearing on whether or not it's accepted as the canonical timeline (it is). Yes, time travels differently in the nether for zero reason, got it. That's not really not an argument considering the planet has likely been there since the Destruction of Draenor.

If it's so clear can you give me a citation instead of shitposting headcanon?

"I don't have a source, just accept that it's gone, because uhh... reasons. I mean, I know I can't get the timeline right, but trust me on this one!!!!"
    Lol no.
    Well the fact we havent gone back to Outlands since and the reason why blizz feels the need to use AU Orcs is all the head cannon i need.

Outlands is hurtling towards the Twisting Nether we both know that and we both know the planet was fucked back in BC

Why do you keep using the word head canon? That to me is the last refuge of someone who is defending his head canon?

My opinion is no more valid than yours

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the fact we havent gone back to Outlands since and the reason why blizz feels the need to use AU Orcs is all the head cannon i need
    We actually have seen Outland since. First in "The Shattering," second in the Legion Quest "Between Worlds." So has Outland been completely destroyed between patch 7.2 and now?

Outlands is hurtling towards the Twisting Nether we both know that and we both know the planet was fucked back in BC
    Yeah, the planet was fucked 8 years prior to BC. We still saw that it existed in Cataclysm and Legion, so that's largely irrelevant.

Why do you keep using the word head canon? That to me is the last refuge of someone who is defending his head canon?
    Because you have zero citation for this nonsense. You can play "I know you are but what am I?" all you like, that doesn't change the fact that there's nothing to support your point.

My opinion is no more valid than yours
    Your opinion is actually less valid than mine, because you're making a claim without evidence. Until you can find a citation, I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself.

We actually have seen Outland since. First in "The Shattering," second in the Legion Quest "Between Worlds." So has Outland been completely destroyed between patch 7.2 and now?

Yeah, the planet was fucked 8 years prior to BC. We still saw that it existed in Cataclysm and Legion, so that's largely irrelevant.

Because you have zero citation for this nonsense. You can play "I know you are but what am I?" all you like, that doesn't change the fact that there's nothing to support your point.

Your opinion is actually less valid than mine, because you're making a claim without evidence. Until you can find a citation, I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself.
    Well lets see who is right when the Mag'har orcs are introduced.

You maybe are right in everything you said or maybe you are wrong in everything you said and maybe you will eat those words 'stop embarrassing yourself'

Let see shall we?
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-02-24 at 11:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well lets see who is right when the Mag'har orcs are introduced.
    I have literally stated multiple times in this thread that we're getting AU Draenor Orcs. That reality has nothing to do with your baseless claim that Outland is "gone."

Let see shall we?
    Why don't you try seeing the posts your attempting to respond to?

I have literally stated multiple times in this thread that we're getting AU Draenor Orcs. That reality has nothing to do with your baseless claim that Outland is "gone."

Why don't you try seeing the posts your attempting to respond to?
    Well unless we go back to Outland in the future how can you prove otherwise that outland isnt gone?

Did you not get the memo about the planet dying and hurtling toward the nether?

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I feel it's a mistake to use the Time-travel AU Fake-Draenor orcs as the allied race rather than ones from Outland using those Clan Aesthetics.

This raises a lot of problems from the terrible time travel nonsense.
    Yup, even the youngest writers figure out pretty quickly that once you introduce time travel to your story or world, that it causes more problems than it can ever solve, and makes keeping up the continuity and suspension of disbelief an absolute nightmare.
    Last edited by alabaster jones; 2018-02-24 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I feel it's a mistake to use the Time-travel AU Fake-Draenor orcs as the allied race rather than ones from Outland using those Clan Aesthetics.

This raises a lot of problems from the terrible time travel nonsense.

What do we do about duplicate characters?

Why don't the orcs and draenei just resettle there? Why doesn't the existence of AU draenor solve all the stupid resource issues between Alliance and Horde?

If someone important dies why don't we just link to ANOTHER timeline where they didn't die?

It cheapens the whole of the setting, it cheapens Outland and WC1-2.

It cheapens REAL Grom's death.

It cheapens the entire orc story arc.
    Never do time travel stories. It never pans out and ends up making contradictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well unless we go back to Outland in the future how can you prove otherwise that outland isnt gone?
    Because that's not how claims work. You don't get to say some absurd nonsense, and then tell your opposition to "prove otherwise." If you make a claim, it's on you to prove it.

Did you not get the memo about the planet dying and hurtling toward the nether?
    And the planet has been in that state since the end of Warcraft II. Considering it was still there in BC, Cataclysm and Legion, taken in conjunction with the fact that we know that it is dying, not when it's dying, and we end up in a situation where you're going to have to provide evidence.

Why is proof such a hard concept for you?

They just carefully ignore the AU whenever it's inconvenient. The allied races exist to give us new player skins more cheaply than building new models, that's as far as it goes - the associated lore is largely window dressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I mean I doubt the entire Iron Horde will join the Horde. Probably going to be a volunteer force, this could mean we avoid having to use established lore characters. All the clan chiefs remain and we get some orcs nobodies from every clan.

You keep mentioning Cata but in game terms that was decades ago and back when we was in Outlands that planet was disintegrating and hurtling towards the twisting nether!
    It's been "disintegrating in the Twisting Nether" since BTDP. Honestly the fact it still existed at all was one of the biggest lore asspulls in Warcraft's history if you ask me.

So I'm sure it'll continue hovering there forever unless Blizzard decides otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I love the Lore of World of Warcraft but the Dreanor expansion made me crazy . I didn't understand why we went back to time to fight again with dead enemies and live the whole thing again. We already had the Outland in the Burning Crusade expansion without mess the Warcraft Lore .

Because that's not how claims work. You don't get to say some absurd nonsense, and then tell your opposition to "prove otherwise." If you make a claim, it's on you to prove it.

And the planet has been in that state since the end of Warcraft II. Considering it was still there in BC, Cataclysm and Legion, taken in conjunction with the fact that we know that it is dying, not when it's dying, and we end up in a situation where you're going to have to provide evidence.

Why is proof such a hard concept for you?
    Because this is just a gaming forum and all we have is what the gaming company gives us

What proof do you want except https://wow.gamepedia.com/Outland

Outland is the shattered floating remnants of the destroyed world of Draenor, the homeworld of the orcs and refuge of the draenei. After the sundering of Draenor, Outland was thrown partially towards the Twisting Nether, and is now in a constant state of degradation

What more proof do you want except for the fact After the sundering of Draenor, Outland was thrown partially towards the Twisting Nether, and is now in a constant state of degradation

That was years ago and please stop saying proof like this shit is real just use your head with the information you have to not see that outland is finished by now and the fact we havent gone back should seal that but if you need more proof go bother Chris Metzen!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-02-24 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was years ago and please stop saying proof like this shit is real just use your head with the information you have to not see that outland is finished by now and the fact we havent gone back should seal that but if you need more proof go bother Chris Metzen!
    We literally went to Outland in Legion, what in the Hell are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Well, I understand people's reservations but honestly, it should be time to accept that Warlords of Draenor indeed happened and that setting is going to be used in some way. The contrary would be just silly.

Then again, are we entirely sure that these are just AU Orcs? Because in the flirt/silly lines I've seen references to both Draenor and Mag'har Orcs.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-02-24 at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

We literally went to Outland in Legion, what in the Hell are you talking about?
    Briefly but that doesnt justify there is a huge Orc presence still living there to justify that its the where we get the Orc Allied race from.

How many hairs shall we split?

We knew that outland was Doomed back in BC but you keep carrying on?
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-02-24 at 12:00 PM.