438. This poll is closed
  • Yes

44 10.05%
  • Nope

394 89.95%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Looking for Raid is the perfect fit for Classic WoW.

Who doesn't remember those long nights trying to find a group in vanilla WoW? We all have been there. But this is 2018 and Classic WoW isn't supposed to be the World of Warcraft of 2005.

Nowadays we have access to such a great array of technology and improvements in the current iteration of WoW that we can definitely improve our beloved Vanilla WoW and turn it into a 2018 masterpiece.

For this to happen, LFR needs to be included. Most people that will end up playing will be people that played it in the past. We're not children anymore. Especially as adults we understand the importance of compromise. Compromise is very important even in our daily lifes.

People rarely see eye to eye so compromises are made so both parties remain happy. Looking for Raid is the perfect compromise. Implement LFR and keep all other changes out. (for now atleast)

As a reasonable person I understand that people value nostalgia. But this quality also enables me to understand that nostalgia doesn't make the game a success long term.
    I have posted this a few times.. so encase you missed it

Who is they? I'm tikcol, I want LFR because it fits naturally into the classic raid ecosystem.
    It doesn't fit. In Vanilla there is a single difficulty which you're either capable of doing or not. There is no tour bus mode, which LFR is, which was only put in because people found normal/heroic too difficult or time consuming.

LFR Molten Core for the anniversary was awful enough, doing it for actual vanilla content? No please.

- - - Updated - - -

Are we choosing to forget all the good things that came over the years? The clear improvements to gameplay and player interaction (such as LFR) ?

Just because vanilla wow was great it doesn't mean it can't become even better. We all want the best game possible you know. LFR can improve it without any doubts.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's be real here. Entitlement in vanilla world of warcraft is a matter of finding a guild. All guilds will clear all content.

Most classes have brain dead rotations.

LFR would be just as easy as normal, without the inconvenience of waiting 4 hours to get a group of 40 people through the world channel
    Players are still shit. The people that can't do 1 million dps in 950 gear or who's end game is currently 5man mythic 0s - they still exist. And a lot of them are likely to play vanilla. Brain dead rotations aren't a solution to brain dead players. Not all guilds will clear content because some guilds will have garbage players, so the capable geared ones will leave for better guilds.

Vanilla was a good example of 'stepping stone' or 'feeder' guilds in action.

5+ Year Old Account

Who doesn't remember those long nights trying to find a group in vanilla WoW? We all have been there. But this is 2018 and Classic WoW isn't supposed to be the World of Warcraft of 2005.

Nowadays we have access to such a great array of technology and improvements in the current iteration of WoW that we can definitely improve our beloved Vanilla WoW and turn it into a 2018 masterpiece.

For this to happen, LFR needs to be included. Most people that will end up playing will be people that played it in the past. We're not children anymore. Especially as adults we understand the importance of compromise. Compromise is very important even in our daily lifes.

People rarely see eye to eye so compromises are made so both parties remain happy. Looking for Raid is the perfect compromise. Implement LFR and keep all other changes out. (for now atleast)

As a reasonable person I understand that people value nostalgia. But this quality also enables me to understand that nostalgia doesn't make the game a success long term.
    Who is they? I'm tikcol, I want LFR because it fits naturally into the classic raid ecosystem.
    I have now reported this thread as a BLANTANTLY OBVIOUS attempt at trolling and trying to incite hatred.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    I have now reported this thread as a BLANTANTLY OBVIOUS attempt at trolling and trying to incite hatred.
    You're welcome to disagree with me Stokfran. Shutting down dissenting opinions isn't the way to go in a website which sole purpose is to facilitate communication.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I have posted this a few times.. so encase you missed it

I definitely didn't miss the fact that people are too vocal about a pure 2005 classic vanilla WoW. Hence the productive thread.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2018-02-24 at 02:57 PM.

No. The fuck is wrong with you people? You whine and claim you want "Vanilla WoW" and then you literally come up with something new every week that you want added to make it less and less Vanilla. People don't want old balancing. Varied opinions on raid/dungeon group sizes. Saw a post earlier about level scaling (HELLO? REALLY?). LFR now? Stop. Just stop. You clearly don't want Vanilla WoW, stop "contributing" to the community with this sort of garbage.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

It doesn't seem like a fucking compromise when you're the only one that gets anything from it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    No. The fuck is wrong with you people? You whine and claim you want "Vanilla WoW" and then you literally come up with something new every week that you want added to make it less and less Vanilla. People don't want old balancing. Varied opinions on raid/dungeon group sizes. Saw a post earlier about level scaling (HELLO? REALLY?). LFR now? Stop. Just stop. You clearly don't want Vanilla WoW, stop "contributing" to the community with this sort of garbage.
    Just do as I did. Report the thread. It is a blantantly obvious attempt and trolling. He's trying to make a row.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

What an absolute terrible idea. LFR is for retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Uutuus View Post
    LFR and other LFG tools is absolutely the last thing they should add in Vanilla. Absolutely destroys the community.

Wrong, people destroy the community

LFR was shit. Porting you to the instance? Why do you even play the game? To sit in cities and port from instance to instance collecting your loot? No. That ruined WoW, and we're finally getting it back. So you can stick retail, bucko.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    LFR was shit. Porting you to the instance? Why do you even play the game? To sit in cities and port from instance to instance collecting your loot? No. That ruined WoW, and we're finally getting it back. So you can stick retail, bucko.
    lul... Yeah... no.

I can't say I fondly remember these days when you sat in trade trying to gather the group to some far ass dungeon, then had to go to the end of the world to get there and had your group disband 5 minutes after start because people can't differentiate fucking right from left.

Easily an hour wasted for nothing at times, out of which 50 mins were pretty much half-afk.

wow this thread still going?

Everybody understands what a storm this kind of request will start, so I hope you guys are aware this is almost certainly a troll post.

No. LFR is one of the cancers that has killed this game and its population. You want to raid, raid the right way or dont raid at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc this is bait. But sure I would not mind LFR in classic. But they will not nerf bosses then. Sure vanilla did not really have any tacs anyway on fights but it is just fun to see headless chickens running around, wiping for hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    wow this thread still going?
    I voted yes,

Lets see if we can get this sucker to 20 pages...
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

I also want my vanilla icecream to be chocolate flavoured.

Why do no companies make chocolate flavoured vanilla icecream?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The whole point of Classic servers is to remove these overly casual features. At least ask for dungeon finder, LFR is like the main thing that drove people to want earlier version of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    The whole point of Classic servers is to remove these overly casual features. At least ask for dungeon finder, LFR is like the main thing that drove people to want earlier version of the game.
    I, personally, think that a basic dungeon finder tool would be great, especially because I bet some will come up with some 3rd party one anyway like OpenRaid and such or even some Discord groups.

Times changed, it's not 2005 anymore and people will have this up and running in no time anyway.

But only that - dungeon finder tool, without matchmaking/teleports and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I, personally, think that a basic dungeon finder tool would be great, especially because I bet some will come up with some 3rd party one anyway like OpenRaid and such or even some Discord groups.

Times changed, it's not 2005 anymore and people will have this up and running in no time anyway.

But only that - dungeon finder tool, without matchmaking/teleports and shit.
    there was one in vanilla. at the meeting stones. then they put it on inkeepers too. nobody used it but it was there.