Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Kung Fu is awesome just not in Warcraft
    That's /thread right there. People do all kinds of mental gymnastics to deny it, but the whole expansion was just thematically out of place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    OT:
    I personally think that Blademasters are more like Arms warriors.
    If you take a closer look at it, no, Warriors are as close to Blademasters as, lets say Blood DKs. Warrios only have one ability (if you dont count crit) that Blademasters have. That is Bladestorm. Mages have Mirror Image btw, another spell from Blademasters, but they are never compared to the BM (of course). Blademasters are closer to monks and rogues, the first having Storm, Earth, and fire, and some transmog style that is very similar to the one a Blademaster could use, the last use stealth. But both do not compare to the Blademaster. Monks are close spirit wise and I could see Blademasters and Monks have an interesting talk about tactics, technics and fighting in general. also on honor. Rogues may use stealth, but they use dirty tricks, a Blademaster would not do that, it is not honorable. Now, to the Warrior, that looks the closes because he uses 2 handed weapons, but no stealth, no Storm Earth and Fire or Mirror Image. (I do main a Warrior and have him look like a blademaster, still, they are a different thing).
    So what I am trying to say is, that a Blademaster should be a class of its own. Having two specs, Dmg and Tank, a nice little story how they are brought into the Horde by Samuro (who still is MIA) or Mankrik (or, for alliance side, how Draenai are trained to be Blademasters)
    Furthermore, my signature.

Back to topic: I played a monk in Mop, but over the time I came to realize, that I hate to fight without weapons. This could have been an easy fix with a Glyph, or as an option / stance. But I guess monks need to be weaponless fighters, which is sad, I would have loved to play with weapons, without them, I am more annoyed.
    Last edited by Bas Prime; 2018-02-24 at 02:23 PM.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

@Bas Prime:

I feel you, man. I would love to play a blademaster, maybe a 4th spec for the Monk?!

One can dream...

Deleted
    BM feels squishy. Always has.

MW went from awesome to shit.

I cant play only one spec on my main even though i love my old WW monk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    @Bas Prime:

I feel you, man. I would love to play a blademaster, maybe a 4th spec for the Monk?!

One can dream...
    Blademaster is part of the arms spec tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    That's /thread right there. People do all kinds of mental gymnastics to deny it, but the whole expansion was just thematically out of place.
    Was the best expansion to date

5+ Year Old Account
    Monks being tied to one specific race was a big mistake. Each race should have their own flavour and approach to combat, but instead everyone uses the same ridiculous 5-fist animal Kung Fu stances with limp dick jabs and kicks.

Have you seen the Zandalar unarmed attack animation? THAT is a proper punch. Not to mention regardless of the race, your action bar is still littered with furry Panda icons.

I actually like my WW, it's fun but the overall class fantasy is pretty bad. The class hall questline was bad, your artifacts are kinda bad. The only good thing about Legion was the BM stance with the artifact.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Now that i check your link, it seems DH is the least popular, not monk.

Wich is a view i share. I had little interest in rolling one.
    At 110 , Demon Hunter has double the numbers of Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Blademaster is part of the arms spec tbh
    Bas Prime made a pretty accurate explanation, why this is not true.

Deleted
    1. Tigereye Brew as main dps CD.
    2. Chi Explosion.
    3. Bring back some more pruned spells that gave WW monks some depth.

Same can be said for most classes but damn did Legion hit WW's hard in terms of pruning.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are just unappealing as a whole. I, personally, don't like the fact they are not using weapons at all, it would be a nice step forward to see some attacks incorporate actual flashy acrobatic weapon swinging, especially because they use polearms and staves and such which can result in interesting moves.

Then you have this whole beer bullshit going on, which IMO is good for a silly moment or two, but not something you would call a spec. Brewmaster... wtf that is? Certainly not a bloody tank association in my mind.

Then many of their spells use this greenish/teal mist and shit, which looks meh really.

Overall the theme is weak and fist-fighting is not terribly impressive when it's the only real thing they do.

Blizzard should really consider bringing Jab back. With Jab you could at least attack with your equipped weapon, and the class could use more weapons as a whole. It especially sucks now because they give you two swords as a Windwalker, and they just stay on your back the entire time.

So yeah Blizz, bring back Jab please.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I just took a look at https://realmpop.com/us.html about class statistics and it seems that on both, US and EU, Monks are the (edit: almost) least played class.

This was pretty surprising to me personally, I've played a Brewmaster for a while and found it to be one of the most fun tanks in the game.

So I would be interested in your opinion:

1. Why do you think Monks are the least played class?
    2. What would you do to make them more appealing to the players?

Personally I think one of the problem(s)(?) could be that they are very limited with the weapons they can use. Melee DDs could get some new sword wielding animations. What do you think?
    It's a "new" class that really doesn't bring anything others can't do.

Better raid CDs as healers, better survivability for DPS maybe but it's never going to be a rogue and therefor it won't really be an option unless it does way, way more damage.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Too much pandaren flavor still, other races had monks before they showed up. They start at level 1 as opposed to hero classes.
    2. I'd fly back to my monk in a heartbeat if they got rid of the stupid mastery and went back to the old tigerseye brew one. They need access to 2h swords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think monks are one of the coolest classes in WoW it's just I have so many characters that I don't have enough time to get to my monk. I also wish there were more fist weapons specifically designed for monks. I feel like that or a staff is the only proper weapon for a monk. Last time I was playing mine I had dual swords but I never used them in any of my attacks. Don't know if that has changed at all but it just felt useless to have 2 swords on my back for no reason other than to look cool.

If I could have some badass fist weapons that also showed the entire time they were equipped and not just magically appearing when you enter combat I would play them so much more often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    At 110 , Demon Hunter has double the numbers of Monk.
    Well... they start at 98 or something... but you could give the source for it. I'd like to see the stats. Both EU and US on that link show DH being the less popular one.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Well... they start at 98 or something... but you could give the source for it. I'd like to see the stats. Both EU and US on that link show DH being the less popular one.
    https://realmpop.com/us.html Same site as OP, just use that Level range slider to make it 110-110 instead of 1-110.'

EU 400k monk 800k DH

US 377k monk 713K DH

Yes there are more monks across all level ranges, but isn't 110 what counts the most and is realistic for stats.

Even if alts and such mess up the numbers, and DH start at much higher level. Impossible to tell active main monks vs DH tho.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-24 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    This is something funny i see on the graph, but it's funny how in practice Alliance vs Horde isn't Humans vs Orcs, but Humans vs Blood elves. xD

I wish they would just revert them back to mists versions. Though i wish that for almost every class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    https://realmpop.com/us.html Same site as OP, just use that Level range slider to make it 110-110 instead of 1-110.'

EU 400k monk 800k DH

US 377k monk 713K DH

Yes there are more monks across all level ranges, but isn't 110 what counts the most and is realistic for stats.

Even if alts and such mess up the numbers, and DH start at much higher level. Impossible to tell active main monks vs DH tho.
    I see. Interesting.

Should be interesting to see how things change at 120. They won't be the exciting new thing anymore.

Druid, Paladin, Warrior, hunter and mage are the eternally popular classes. ^^
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-02-24 at 03:58 PM.

Elimination of the panderan race from azeroth.