Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I see. Interesting.

Should be interesting to see how things change at 120. They won't be the exciting new thing anymore.
    I do expect the number of DH to drop (at 120), and monk allied races are in favor for them for the future. I don't expect any Allied race DH for a long long time.

Monk is less played than other classes because it was added much more recently and it starts at level 1, simple as that. Sure, you're going to make alts, but that counts for all classes. Monks would have to be extremely popular to catch up to all the residual characters people made in the previous 4 expansions and still come back to play, or justified grinding some extra 55 or 100 levels compared to other newer classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    In two words: Cooler moves.
    diablo 3 monk has all this amazing kicks,moves and shit and wow monk....not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I do expect the number of DH to drop (at 120), and monk allied races are in favor for them for the future. I don't expect any Allied race DH for a long long time.
    Allied races start at level 20, so DH and DK can't get one. You get the heritage armor only for leveling from 20 to 110(?, 120 for Zandalari/DarkIron?).

- - - Updated - - -

This is something funny i see on the graph, but it's funny how in practice Alliance vs Horde isn't Humans vs Orcs, but Humans vs Blood elves. xD
    I'm pretty sure the Orc numbers will rise with the addition of the straight-back option and the Draenor Orcs.

Better transmog options (they are still relatively new so they are missing over a dozen tiers that are available to most other classes). DH suffers from lack of tier more but their armor sets all seem to fit them well.

Having artifact weapons that don't clip into the bodies of EVERY race (seriously Blizz, fist weds have been an issue with this since TBC).

I actually love the gameplay of all three specs and have played WW Monk on and off throughout Legion, but they still feel like the underrepresented "new" class that never got shiny things or smooth animations despite being older than DH now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Um... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the same thing that happened to Death Knights after the WotLK expansion? And will happen to Demon Hunters after the Legion expansion?
    Well Death Knight lore moved somewhere after Wrath, mostly in Legion but still. Instead of doing something interesting with the monks, however, they just went on a zany quest to make the best beer ever. Which is a worthy cause, no doubt, just not really one that advances a class's lore or really resonates with most players.

I do think Demon Hunters will be kind of forgotten after Legion since we're unlikely to ever face demons in significant quantities ever again. Maybe they rebrand themselves as demon and void hunters later down the line.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Allied races start at level 20, so DH and DK can't get one. You get the heritage armor only for leveling from 20 to 110(?, 120 for Zandalari/DarkIron?).
    I know that they start at 20, including 3 new monk races so far, as for DH, it's both a technical and lore reason I don't see any new races for them anytime soon. Illidan hype is also over, at least for BfA.

DK, will be very limited, if added at all, right now only Dark Iron could technically fit in the old starter zone timeline wise. But that'd probably make them unable to get heritage armor on that class.

Also Monk still get a 50% xp bonus up to 85, at least for 1-2 hours a day. Stacks with heirlooms still as well.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-24 at 04:08 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the mistweaver healer when you would build up chi points and then spend it.
    Also, some of your most powerful spells became insta casts when you were channeling your soothing mist. That was tonnes of fun, because if the group was taking high damage, you could insta cast a lot of shit. You also had the incentive of managing the chi, storing it and preparing for those moments (seperating skill levels.)
    Of course, just insta casting a bunch of shit would burn mana because it was so strong, but that was part of the fun and felt balanced. Fistweaving was also decent for low-med damage.

Dunno when they changed that- now you dont use chi at all and the healing is much more boring because of that imo. Fistweaving does jack all. You get 1 spell that can turn one spell insta cast every 30 secs, or just increase the healing of some other spells. No fun at all :\ That is my prob w/ the spec right now atleast.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is something funny i see on the graph, but it's funny how in practice Alliance vs Horde isn't Humans vs Orcs, but Humans vs Blood elves. xD
    Don't worry, it will be Elves vs Elves in no time.

• Give us back Clash
    • Give us back Chi for BRM and MW
    • Give us back the blind effect of using breath of fire after keg smash
    • Give us back Guard

Deleted
    Nothing. Best class as of Legion!

I'd like Clash back and more on demand healing. Of all the tanks they are the most dependent on healers for things. You do having healing elixirs as a talent, but that has it's limits. We don't need to go back to the HFC version of monk with Guard and hps numbers higher than healers. Just something better than the current system.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

you people are crazy ww monk is one of the best and funnest melee specs in game rn.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

(Constant 8 pack abs, skimpy clothes, and bruce lee level attacks.)

Honestly, I didn't want to play one because I hated the brew concepts. It was weird they made an alchemist class mixed with kung-foo pandas. With legion they are a lot better, it makes sense (mostly) why brewmaster uses brews and they balanced all 3 specs quite well. WW monks have excellent mobility and cleave with a fun rotation. Brewmaster is well balanced, different, and has unique strengths. Mistweaver is fun as hell but could use a slight tweak.
    All in all, I think people just need time to realize that monks are no where near the same as they use to be. Maybe make a non-panda monk if they don't like the aesthetic.
    On blizzards side, they could add better animations for swords and staves.

The only Monk spec I can digest is Mistweaver (I actually like it a lot). That's a reason why my main is never going to be a Monk because I feel like two other specs just suck terribly.
    S.H.

Deleted
    I don't like the sound effects their spells make, like the punching and kicking sounds... off? I also don't really enjoy their weird combat stances

My monk is an undead named Zangan

Quote Originally Posted by Octagonecologyst View Post
    Giving them actual lore and not having their entire identity hinge on what is now an irrelevant expansion would be start. Blizzard had the option and absolutely blew it during Legion unfortunately.
    I think this has something to do with it.

Blizz just didn't sell the class well. It seems like they threw it together based on old kung-fu cliches.

This could still be a really great, lore heavy class- it just needs some more development. They should also move away from the "campyness" the class currently has.

Also, I would change the dps spec of the monk to "ninja" and have it be more "ninja" based.

Their fantasy is pretty boring to me, and they only really work with pandaren.

using the weapons they have equipped
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22