Poll: What is your opinion on Turalyon?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My problem with Turalion is that previous to legion, he is presumed to be the character who, as soon as he appears, would start the long awaited counter-attack against the legion. When Legion then launched, we managed to push the legion back and even invade their home without his help and even had to help him. We took the role that was supposed to be his. And despite of all this, he walked around and talked as if he is the protagonist of the expansion and that he would be the one to save us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Why must every single character be a unique and special snowflake, otherwise they're boring af and "bring nothing to the table"?
    We are running out of unique characters and Turalyon was already unique long before Legion.

He's not developed enough to tell. I want to see how he properly reacts to being on Azeroth in BfA. He needs to be the old man who doesn't understand the new world.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Since Turalyon has finally come back, I've seen little else but either complete indifference to him, or just blatant dislike. Clearly blizzard wanted this to be a big moment: the hero coming back with his golden light sword and hero wife to lead the armies of good against evil! But then he came, people saw him, and the general opinion seems to be that he's just bland and lifeless. Nothing fun about him, he's just there. Or as I've seen a few people in the RP community mention: Oh look they took one of the greatest human heroes, tossed him in futuristic space armor and made him use Draenei words while riding on his Elekk.

I've yet to see anyone actually like Turalyon. I've known a few who liked what he used to be in WC2 and the ToD book, but not like this new Legion (and chronicles which retconned a bit) iteration. I've seen no one going "Oh, can't wait to see what he does in BfA". Just a big, vague, "Meh, who cares."

So, do you like Turalyon? If not, why, and do you think there anything they can do to make him more likable as a character?

EDIT: Please don't make this an Alliance vs Horde thing. I'm speaking of Turalyon the character specifically.
    I do. I think he has more personality then most horde AND alliance hero's. Think of it like saurfang. He has some depth to him. But i feel sad for him. I doubt they use him decently.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    I do. I think he has more personality then most horde AND alliance hero's. Think of it like saurfang. He has some depth to him. But i feel sad for him. I doubt they use him decently.
    How can having no personality make it so you have more personality than others?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Hillarious how you keep falling back on the "Just wait guys" argument since you have nothing else.
    Its good argument considering its worked with most of WoW characters.

Khadgar - Was casually standing in Shattrath for 4 (!) expansions. Had zero personality outside books.

Anduin - Was child dummy standing in throne room until Cataclysm.

Bolvar - Was SW regent with like zero character development and story for 2 expansions. Died in WoTLK and SUDDENLY took ICC at the end. Sleep next 3 expansions.

Illidan/Kael'Thas - Was made into raid boss for zero fucking reasons in TBC. Zero story and reasoning. Just because Blizzard needed raid boss with big name.

Varian - WoTLK fucking orcs; Cataclysm fucking orcs; MoP starting to get some good development.

Tyrande - Great W3 character was reduced to running joke "Hush Tyrande/Malfurion help!".

Velen and Lor'Themar - both were nobodies until WoD/MoP.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-02-24 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    I liked the Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal characterizations of him. What I don't get from this version is why he thinks he's been fighting for a thousand years when nowhere near that amount of time has passed unless there's some weird timewarping going on in the twisting nether and the naaru can extend his lifespan out.
    That is exactly it. It was explained in the radio drama that time doesn't flow the same in the nether.

It just seems like a dumb excuse though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Datamining kinda ruined the hype on that one.

7+ Year Old Account
    How can having no personality make it so you have more personality than others?
    Characters in WoW tends to get personality only when they got screentime.

Considering Turalyon had less screentime than even Alleria what you want?

Your bullshit how Turalyon is boring only confirm my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Characters in WoW tends to get personality only when they got screentime.

Considering Turalyon had less screentime than even Alleria what you want?

Your bullshit how Turalyon is boring only confirm my statement.
    My bullshit?

You brought up a bunch of characters who were exclusively used as quest givers at first (Khadgar, Anduin, somewhat Bolvar, Velen, Lor'themar), one character that you're outright wrong about: Varian who had comics and popular quests at the launch of WotLK), and a bunch of characters that had a lot of screen time in prior games or media making them popular (Tyrande, Illidan, Kael), and comparing them to Turalyon.

Turalyon who got a soft reset in Chronicles 2 into a generic, lifeless action movie hero who started taking Lothar's spotlight?
    Turalyon who had a cinematic, years of hype, leads us through a raid, and was a major part of the main questline for the raid patch?

I know you want to "win" an argument, but your examples are just so god awful and have no comparison to what's being discussed. You're just throwing names out there hoping they stick.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well, you have already some interesting spots in BfA if you are into that.

Turalyon: What's this... Horde invaders, with a paladin in command? What has this world come to?
    Liadrin: You've been away for too long, Turalyon. The world's moved on without you

or flipside

Liadrin: Turalyon? Hmm! This should be interesting...
    Turalyon: Indeed it should, Lady Liadrin. I look forward to striking down a twisted, villainous paladin of the Horde

I think given time there will be plenty interesting stuff with him, I am personally just glad that he did not catch this neutrality bug like quite a few former Alliance heroes did.
    I do find it a bit funny though. Liadrin was quite active and was a direct 'follower' of the Champion who is the new leader of the Silver Hand. Not to mention, when the death knights came over to try raise Tirion, SHE was the one who made the last stand and defended his body. '.'

7+ Year Old Account
    Well i'm done with this thread.

People bitch about Turalyon being boring standard paladin.

They okay with Saurfang who also boring standard warrior.

Or Illidan who just you know standard boring edge lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I would love it if Turalyon found out about Lidrian's past about killing paladins, burning churches, and abusing the Light. She never paid for those crimes, maybe he can do something about it.
    She atoned for them at the end of the Burning Crusade. Velen gave the Blood Knights the chance to redeem themselves, and they have.

Considering he has been told the story from the second-hand perspective of a high elf supremacist, there's no wonder he calls Liadrin a "twisted, villainous" paladin.

Or at least kick her out of the human founded Silver Hand.
    Turalyon has no right to usurp leadership of the Silver Hand just because it was founded by humans (I like the idea of turning him into a close-minded zealot and continue the "Light isn't always good" thing Blizzard introduced with Argus, though).

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

Saurfang has depth, even Illidan has more depth than Turalyon

Hell a fucking Kender from Dragonlance has more depth than Turalyon, and Kender are just hobbits but stupid lucky and stupid ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    She atoned for them at the end of the Burning Crusade. Velen gave the Blood Knights the chance to redeem themselves, and they have.

Considering he has been told the story from the second-hand perspective of a high elf supremacist, there's no wonder he calls Liadrin a "twisted, villainous" paladin.

Turalyon has no right to usurp leadership of the Silver Hand just because it was founded by humans (I like the idea of turning him into a close-minded zealot and continue the "Light isn't always good" thing Blizzard introduced with Argus, though).
    Although the possibility of Turaylon getting dunked on by Liadrin is pleasing to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post

How exactly did she atoned? Beacuse she said so?

I remember Daelin's words:

Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.

Its not the same but close to.

Turalyon has no right to usurp leadership of the Silver Hand just because it was founded by humans.
    Turalyon can easily take reigns of Silver Hand. Because he was one of its founders. Right of succession. Uther/Tirion/Gavindar/Dathrohan are dead.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-02-24 at 04:25 PM.

Saurfang has the benefit of having much more characterization than Turalyon. I'm not going to judge Turalyon this early, I need to see him in a few more stories before I make my judgment.

The short story they released about him and Alleria had much better characterization than his in-game self, and I quite liked it so I'm giving him a chance.

Just a reminder that you started mouthing off at others for not liking Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    You can’t bring in some old ass character after 6 expansions and have him boss everyone around acting like he’s important. We don’t know this fucking guy. Why would we care? Same goes for Alleria. They’re both total shitheads.
    THANK YOU someone says it.

Every single character on the Alliance is boring except for Genn.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    How exactly did she atoned? Beacuse she said so?

I remember Daelin's words:

Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.

Its not the same but close to.

Turalyon can take reigns of Silver Hand. Because he was one of founders. Right of succession. Uther/Tirion/Gavindar are dead.
    I didn't see any silver hand fighting the legion in Draenor. Liadrin also went to Argus and fought the legion. She's done more against the legion than the Silver hand did, I think her actions more than make up for her past deeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I didn't see any silver hand fighting the legion in Draenor. Liadrin also went to Argus and fought the legion. She's done more against the legion than the Silver hand did, I think her actions more than make up for her past deeds.
    I mean atoning for something its helping to those you harmed. I didn't saw it.