Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Paladins got their execute back and it is baseline at level 30

Not triggered

Not fucking triggered at all
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Not triggered

It’s not baseline, Hammer of Wrath is a talent on their level 30 row.

Not triggered

it's easy to get baited by bad datamining but always remember this class design team will do anything in their power to prevent the player from having a baseline spell added.

Speaking of, Ret's talents look good. 1st row is single target, 2nd is variation on holy power gen, 4th is AoE, and last row is all damage. Lots of interactive mechanics too. Pray that dev comes our way :V

lol

So those new alpha notes show that they nerfed our direct damage and buffed our dots...

Do we really have to go through this again? We'll end up doing shit single target damage and be gods on a council fight and they'll nerf our dots while buffing our Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Void Bolt. Like how many fucking times has this happened already?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobisadrummer View Post
    lol

So those new alpha notes show that they nerfed our direct damage and buffed our dots...

Do we really have to go through this again? We'll end up doing shit single target damage and be gods on a council fight and they'll nerf our dots while buffing our Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Void Bolt. Like how many fucking times has this happened already?
    % changes in alpha mean jack shit. The game is getting a new level cap and a stat squish. The damage values mean absolutely nothing at the moment.

What's actually worrying is the lack of actual changes outside number tuning, especially considering that other class are still changing every update (warlock,paladins, etc). It kinda signifies that they are pretty set in stone with how priest is and that's terrible.

% changes in alpha mean jack shit. The game is getting a new level cap and a stat squish. The damage values mean absolutely nothing at the moment.

What's actually worrying is the lack of actual changes outside number tuning, especially considering that other class are still changing every update (warlock,paladins, etc). It kinda signifies that they are pretty set in stone with how priest is and that's terrible.
    Nope, wrong.
    Priest Warrior

Nope, wrong.
    Wrong about no significant priest changes? Maybe, yet to be seen.

Wrong about % values? No you're wrong about that, we haven't even reached level cap in the alpha and you think % values matter? Lol

lol

Sounds like the same old story. At the very least, I hope that the horrible ramp gets addressed.

From what I've heard, VF gives no dmg% boost, no Mass Hysteria and new Insanity generation doesn't provide a high-stack goal anymore.

Wrong about no significant priest changes? Maybe, yet to be seen.

Wrong about % values? No you're wrong about that, we haven't even reached level cap in the alpha and you think % values matter? Lol
    Shadow Word: Pain
    Cataclysm Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Shadow Word: Pain damage done has been decreased by 12%.
    Hotfix (2013-03-05): "Shadow Word: Pain now deals 25% more damage."
    Mists of Pandaria Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now deals 25% more damage.
    Hotfix (2013-03-12): "Shadow Word: Pain now deals 25% less damage."
    Hotfix (2013-09-23): "Shadow Word: Pain's damage has been reduced by 15%."
    Legion Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Holy. Damage per tick reduced by 5%, now lasts for 14 seconds (down from 18) and generates Insanity.
    Hotfix (2016-08-26): "Shadow Word: Pain (Discipline) damage increased by 7%."
    Legion Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): (Shadow) Damage reduced by 10%.
    Legion Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Shadow Word: Pain damage increased by 5% for Discipline and 10% for Shadow.
    Hotfix (2017-06-13): "Shadow Word: Pain damage reduced by 20% in PvP situations."

Vampiric Touch
    Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The amount of damage done when this spell is dispelled has been doubled.
    Cataclysm Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer causes damage upon being dispelled. However it can be improved by [Sin and Punishment].
    Cataclysm Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Damage done has been decreased by 12%. In addition, [Sin and Punishment]'s Vampiric Touch backlash fear effect no longer has diminishing returns.
    Mists of Pandaria Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now deals 20% more damage.
    Legion Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now heals the priest for 50% of damage dealt, and causes the dispeller to be Horrified when dispelled. Duration increased from 15 seconds to 18, damage per tick increased by 48.7%. Now generates Insanity.
    Hotfix (2017-01-17): "Vampiric Touch damage reduced by 14%. The damage of Vampiric Touch is reduced by 25% in PvP situations."
    Hotfix (2017-01-24): "Vampiric Touch now deals 10% less damage in PvP situations (was 25% less)."
    Hotfix (2017-06-13): "Vampiric Touch damage reduced by 15% in PvP situations."

Devouring Plague
    Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): The bonus coefficient has been increased to be on par with other DoT spells. Base damage on ranks 7, 8, and 9 decreased to partially compensate for better scaling.
    Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Cooldown removed but may only be inflicted upon a single target.
    Cataclysm Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Devouring Plague damage done has been decreased by 12%.
    Warlords of Draenor Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 12% less damage.
    Warlords of Draenor Patch 6.2.2 (2015-09-01): Now deals 10% more damage. In PvP combat, Devouring Plague now deals 10% less damage.
    Legion Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.

And there was a 12% nerf to our DoTs back in December. Like I said, it's been a back and forth game for how long? Would you like me to post all of the direct damage increases that were implemented to "balance" out the DoT nerfs?
    Priest Warrior

Shadow Word: Pain
    Cataclysm Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Shadow Word: Pain damage done has been decreased by 12%.
    Hotfix (2013-03-05): "Shadow Word: Pain now deals 25% more damage."
    Mists of Pandaria Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now deals 25% more damage.
    Hotfix (2013-03-12): "Shadow Word: Pain now deals 25% less damage."
    Hotfix (2013-09-23): "Shadow Word: Pain's damage has been reduced by 15%."
    Legion Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Holy. Damage per tick reduced by 5%, now lasts for 14 seconds (down from 18) and generates Insanity.
    Hotfix (2016-08-26): "Shadow Word: Pain (Discipline) damage increased by 7%."
    Legion Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): (Shadow) Damage reduced by 10%.
    Legion Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Shadow Word: Pain damage increased by 5% for Discipline and 10% for Shadow.
    Hotfix (2017-06-13): "Shadow Word: Pain damage reduced by 20% in PvP situations."

Vampiric Touch
    Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The amount of damage done when this spell is dispelled has been doubled.
    Cataclysm Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer causes damage upon being dispelled. However it can be improved by [Sin and Punishment].
    Cataclysm Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Damage done has been decreased by 12%. In addition, [Sin and Punishment]'s Vampiric Touch backlash fear effect no longer has diminishing returns.
    Mists of Pandaria Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now deals 20% more damage.
    Legion Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now heals the priest for 50% of damage dealt, and causes the dispeller to be Horrified when dispelled. Duration increased from 15 seconds to 18, damage per tick increased by 48.7%. Now generates Insanity.
    Hotfix (2017-01-17): "Vampiric Touch damage reduced by 14%. The damage of Vampiric Touch is reduced by 25% in PvP situations."
    Hotfix (2017-01-24): "Vampiric Touch now deals 10% less damage in PvP situations (was 25% less)."
    Hotfix (2017-06-13): "Vampiric Touch damage reduced by 15% in PvP situations."

Devouring Plague
    Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): The bonus coefficient has been increased to be on par with other DoT spells. Base damage on ranks 7, 8, and 9 decreased to partially compensate for better scaling.
    Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Cooldown removed but may only be inflicted upon a single target.
    Cataclysm Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Devouring Plague damage done has been decreased by 12%.
    Warlords of Draenor Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 12% less damage.
    Warlords of Draenor Patch 6.2.2 (2015-09-01): Now deals 10% more damage. In PvP combat, Devouring Plague now deals 10% less damage.
    Legion Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.

And there was a 12% nerf to our DoTs back in December. Like I said, it's been a back and forth game for how long? Would you like me to post all of the direct damage increases that were implemented to "balance" out the DoT nerfs?
    Unless we have level cap and and a raid to test things in we have zero implication on what any of the alpha % changes mean. So no, they don't matter until we get some actual testing going which isn't happening right now so any % value changes for alpha are pretty moot at this point

Unless we have level cap and and a raid to test things in we have zero implication on what any of the alpha % changes mean. So no, they don't matter until we get some actual testing going which isn't happening right now so any % value changes for alpha are pretty moot at this point
    lmao, you're dense as fuck dude. Stat squish doesn't matter because it's just making every number small so all numbers are still comparative to each other. Alpha raid testing doesn't matter because we've already had the same exact type of test patch after patch in every previous raid tier. You're the type of shitter that goes around saying "It's alpha, things will change. It's beta, things will change. They'll hotfix it, maybe people should have given feedback in alpha/beta. Oh well, maybe next expansion" We've seen what happens when they buff DoT's because it's happened numerous times before and we've seen the outcome. I don't even know why I'm trying to talk to you. I've seen you shit up other threads with your asinine logic and I'll be damned if I let some silly little dunning kruger troll waste anymore of my time.
    Priest Warrior

lmao, you're dense as fuck dude. Stat squish doesn't matter because it's just making every number small so all numbers are still comparative to each other. Alpha raid testing doesn't matter because we've already had the same exact type of test patch after patch in every previous raid tier. You're the type of shitter that goes around saying "It's alpha, things will change. It's beta, things will change. They'll hotfix it, maybe people should have given feedback in alpha/beta. Oh well, maybe next expansion" We've seen what happens when they buff DoT's because it's happened numerous times before and we've seen the outcome. I don't even know why I'm trying to talk to you. I've seen you shit up other threads with your asinine logic and I'll be damned if I let some silly little dunning kruger troll waste anymore of my time.
    dude your taking data from different points in time. Where we had different mechanics (shadow orbs), different spells, different everything.

Until we have access to level 120 and some end game content with gear you don't know what the fuck how our ST dps will come out all you did was post notes from mid expansion content where at that point they are adjusting for end game. There is no fucking end game right now so until then stop crying about random numbers unless you want to dps test against some random level 116 mob with every single dps spec in the game and compare them.
    Last edited by zito; 2018-02-24 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    Are you a dev?

What it boils down to is you actually don't know 100% anymore than the next person, irrespective of quoting previous stats. Sure it backs up your argument, all be it the atypical cynical one that you are just as guilty of as the other guy for saying "its alpha". But your view point is exactly that, just your opinion, and it is no more concrete at this point than anyone elses.

Tbh you are as bad as each other, but at least he is on the side of hope. And as much as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i would much rather that most ppl would just STFU and wait for the actual end state patch instead of spouting the same tired old whining rhetoric..........bitch then its cause its getting mighty boring right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    You're not useless. And spare me the whine. While people spend their time crying about mages and demonhunters on m+, both those classes parse like shit in antorus. You're subpar in m+, they're subpar in raids.

You're not an aoe class. Balance druids are total trash in ST and are only propped up by padding on like 2 encounters while being terrible for the rest and especially for doing actually meaningful damage to the boss or priority adds.

Affliction warlocks and warriors might be the anomaly in this game, but for every other class, they're bad at AoE/ST/cleave while being strong in something else. Raids are the game content this game should be balanced around, and spriest is not doing badly there.
    Some people enjoy doing dungeons, especially now with mythic+ being very real with the scaling and removal of set bonuses.
    You are basically telling those people to go reroll because "its ok, we are good in raids", well not everybody enjoys raiding.

Hey aspies, dont look at numbers.

Look at the rotation.

20-30 sec ramp
    1 cooldown
    shit aoe
    gear dependent
    scales badly with gear
    talents (attempt) to plug huge issues in the class
    Rotation is clunky

10+ Year Old Account
    Daaamn these changes are atrocious, gj D3 team.

Quote Originally Posted by bearlolzx View Post
    This. people were excited for spriest during emerald nightmare too
    But during Emerald Nightmare it was the strongest dps class...

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Are you a dev?

What it boils down to is you actually don't know 100% anymore than the next person, irrespective of quoting previous stats. Sure it backs up your argument, all be it the atypical cynical one that you are just as guilty of as the other guy for saying "its alpha". But your view point is exactly that, just your opinion, and it is no more concrete at this point than anyone elses.

Tbh you are as bad as each other, but at least he is on the side of hope. And as much as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i would much rather that most ppl would just STFU and wait for the actual end state patch instead of spouting the same tired old whining rhetoric..........bitch then its cause its getting mighty boring right now.
    No I'm just someone who's played a Spriest since the beginning. You don't need to be a dev to know that those who fail to learn from history are bound to repeat it. Whoever's working on Spriest changes right now is doing just that. I'm going to enjoy rubbing it in your and Zito's face so much when they once again, nerf our DoT's and buff our single target to compensate, Spriests dominate the single council fight in the raid.
    Priest Warrior

No I'm just someone who's played a Spriest since the beginning. You don't need to be a dev to know that those who fail to learn from history are bound to repeat it. Whoever's working on Spriest changes right now is doing just that. I'm going to enjoy rubbing it in your and Zito's face so much when they once again, nerf our DoT's and buff our single target to compensate, Spriests dominate the single council fight in the raid.
    I never said it wouldn't happen, what I've been saying is that you shouldn't look at alpha numbers because tuning at this point in time means nothing. You even acknowledge that by linking a bunch of post launch patches.

You're freaking out over % changes when we don't even have level cap, freak out when it's closer to launch rather than this early in the game because they could pull some drastic changes out the ass like remove DoTs entirely (hypothetically speaking)