Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Better to use the assets of the Expansion That Shall Not Be Named and, in a way, own up to it - than to let it rot forgotten for all eternity. After all, it did happen..

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    But this could be the chance for the mighty Grom Hellscream to become the Warchief or another hero of the Horde (again). I want him to come to our world. Back then you wanted Grom to join the Horde as well
    It's kinda hard to imagine what kind of arc they could even do with AU Grom that won't end up being repeat of "trying to fill MU Grom's boots" one we already went through with Garrosh. I mean I kinda expect if AU Grom actually comes to Azeroth that people will measure him up to MU Grom or at least mention it in some way. It would be extremely stupid if everyone just pretended like our old Grom is back and that's it.

Could also be that he'll be brought over just for Horde to have another badass warrior character, without any actual arc planned for him, which is also okay I guess. I don't see him becoming warchief though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Teldrassil is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !"
    -Ash-ridden Kaldorei, Tyrande, Malfurion and smoldering corpses cheer with enthusiasm at Grom who holds a fiery Gorehowl in the air. -
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It's kinda hard to imagine what kind of arc they could even do with AU Grom that won't end up being repeat of "trying to fill MU Grom's boots" one we already went through with Garrosh. I mean I kinda expect if AU Grom actually comes to Azeroth that people will measure him up to MU Grom or at least mention it in some way. It would be extremely stupid if everyone just pretended like our old Grom is back and that's it.

Could also be that he'll be brought over just for Horde to have another badass warrior character, without any actual arc planned for him, which is also okay I guess. I don't see him becoming warchief though.
    he don't becoming villain or doing shit is the important thing though, since blizzard love hit horde characters with the villain bat

And since he is young than Garrosh and most of other characters, i don't have problem with him becoming warchief, the position i a joke this days anyway.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-24 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom Hellscream is an unreliable, amoral, self-centered asshole who likes killing things, news to nobody who's paid any attention to literally every appearance he's made in any universe. I'm more surprised the Horde is willing to let a Hellscream hold any modicum of power after Garrosh pretty much ruined the family name and AU Grom ground it into the dirt some more, with that botched invasion and his rampant incompetence as Warchief of the Iron Horde.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    It was actually funny. ROFL.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    with that botched invasion and his rampant incompetence as Warchief of the Iron Horde.
    i mean, you can be salty about him as you like, but you can't rly call him incompetent, or bad leader, because he lost to us, since we have plot armor and we streamrolled everything with a little sense, like we did in the legion planet, Sargeras was basically worse than him
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-24 at 04:44 PM.

people also forget GROM THOUGHT HE WAS THE GOOD GUY

garrosh told him they*us* wanted to come to their world to kill them all and the draenei were planning their demise.

Grom was only evil because he believed his son as the truth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i mean, you can be salty about him as you lik, but you can't rly call him incompetent, or bad leader, because he lost to us, since we have plot armor and we streamrolled everything with a little sense, like we did in the legion planet, Sargeras was basically wore than him
    I can call him incompetent. He fought a three-front war, spread his forces thin, repeatedly failed to secure supply routes and fallback positions, engendered no loyalty among his supporters, waged war on another world before consolidating power on his own, and appointed equally-incompetent commanders to key positions on Draenor. His incompetence is what led to Kilrogg betraying him and drinking the demon blood; Gul'dan played him like a fiddle every opportunity he got.

I'm not salty about Grom. I'm stoked to be playing the AU orcs because they've got some awesome designs. But Grom has always been a liability that hurt more than he helped, even in Warcraft 3 (where Thrall had to pull his ass out of the fire every time he turned around). One good (but still ultimately selfish) act in his dying moments doesn't change that Grom is to the Horde what Ciaphas Cain is to the Imperium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Can't we get Durotan or someone else instead?

Why is Grom even still alive?!
    Meh fuck Durotan, at this point I would make Draka leader of AU Orcs, giving substance to what she hinted at the end of the AU Nagrand storyline ("Orcs can be strong once united but they need a responsible voice to guide them, the Frostwolves must be that voice").

Grommash is Grommash and should honestly only serve as second-in-command, filling a similar role to the one our Grom filled in WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Remember when Wrathion and Kairoz planned the Iron Horde as Azeroth's allies, but Garrosh completely messed it up? Good times.

It's not completely impossible to "redeem" AU Grom, he was tricked into a position of war. All the crazy warlords are dead.
    Yes, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Zandalari Paladin was never going to be a thing because there's simply no lore for it. That's it.
    That head of yours is so fucking shoved in your butthole that it could come out of the chest at any moment.

*turns head towards us*

"...to burn."

*troll face*

On topic though, I'm moderately butthurt to not see goddamn Jorin around. The fucking Deadeye name needs some representation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I can call him incompetent. He fought a three-front war, spread his forces thin, repeatedly failed to secure supply routes and fallback positions, engendered no loyalty among his supporters, waged war on another world before consolidating power on his own, and appointed equally-incompetent commanders to key positions on Draenor. His incompetence is what led to Kilrogg betraying him and drinking the demon blood; Gul'dan played him like a fiddle every opportunity he got.

I'm not salty about Grom. I'm stoked to be playing the AU orcs because they've got some awesome designs. But Grom has always been a liability that hurt more than he helped, even in Warcraft 3 (where Thrall had to pull his ass out of the fire every time he turned around). One good (but still ultimately selfish) act in his dying moments doesn't change that Grom is to the Horde what Ciaphas Cain is to the Imperium.
    Blame that on WoW's writing, not Grom's character.

If the Iron Horde killed everyone before they invaded, we'd have no quest givers or hubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, is our plot armor, you can 't blame him when he is set to lose in his essence like any villain in WoW, you are trying to put logic when there is none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post

If the Iron Horde killed everyone before they invaded, we'd have no quest givers or hubs.
    You could blame the writing on that if he didn't have an established track record as an enormous fuck-up who kept taking his Warchief's attention from the problems at hand to babysit him back in Warcraft 3 (first when Thrall had to free him from captivity in Lordaeron despite Lord of the Clans making it clear that Grom evaded capture after the Second War, then divert forces to ensure Grom's suicide attack on Alliance forces didn't rout Grom's unit, then when Grom decided to wage war on the Night Elves [which to be fair, they struck first and didn't seem interested in talking] by drinking demon blood out of a random fountain, Thrall had to save his dumb ass from himself yet again). Everyone remembers him for his awesome death at Mannoroth's hands but conveniently ignores that by and large, if he was onscreen he was doing something actively detrimental to the orc race's cause and needs at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, is our plot armor, you can 't blame him when he is set to lose in his essence like any villain in WoW, you are trying to put logic when there is none.
    Our plot armor doesn't affect his decisions as Warchief, not when they're entirely in-keeping with his behaviors as Thrall's third-in-command in Warcraft 3 where he also consistently fucked up and harmed the Horde war effort at every turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I would place a bit of blame on everyone. Let's face it, Grom has never been known for his staggering pragmatism, the young AU counterpart in particular was victim of a "hardestest dick" syndrome and when things went south he was content to acknowledge that his men "died with honor", something to which Gul'dan was 100% justified to laugh about.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

No, I think he or she very precisely and accurately explains why she's entitled to the belief that Grom is incompetent. Don't attempt to dumb it down to fit your frame of what you want it to be, man. From my recollection of WC3 and what happened in WoD, they do have a point that can be checked and reinforced.

Grom has not shown much in the way of tactical prowess and foresight. And to say, "Don't blame Grom, blame Blizzard's writing..." Well... Blizzard writes Grom's character, so I'm not sure how that even makes sense. They're one in the same. They've written his character to display a distinct lack of great leadership, willfully or not.

Not saying that can't change, but he or she has every right to call him incompetent. And it's for good reasons, not just being "salty" as you put so shortly. He has displayed a genuine lack of competency.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    No, I think he or she very precisely and accurately explains why she's entitled to the belief that Grom is incompetent. Don't attempt to dumb it down to fit your frame of what you want it to be, man. From my recollection of WC3 and what happened in WoD, they do have a point that can be checked and reinforced.

Grom has not shown much in the way of tactical prowess and foresight. And to say, "Don't blame Grom, blame Blizzard's writing..." Well... Blizzard writes Grom's character, so I'm not sure how that even makes sense. They're one in the same. They've written his character to display a distinct lack of great leadership, willfully or not.

Not saying that can't change, but he or she has every right to call him incompetent. And it's for good reasons, not just being "salty" as you put so shortly. He has displayed a genuine lack of competency.
    i mean, he is impulsive, but he is not stupid, besides, he had Garrosh backing him up, Attack Azeroth was Garrosh idea in the first place, we know Garrosh would not attack Azeroth if he hadn't full control in Draenor

and they basically had until we came up, then we steamrolled everything picking up allies and empowering then with little logic destroying every single iron horde plan like it was shit, same way we did with the Legion, when i do the tanaan first scenario i feel cringe how everyting there don't make sense

yep i don't blame then, still blame the writing.

One of the most iconic orcish characters turned into one of the worst written ones, only to now make a comeback in the worst version of himself once again. Why did they even write him as the leader of the Iron Horde if they intended to keep him alive in the first place? Should've just written the him and the Frostwolf clan as the friendly faces upon the Horde's arrival to Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Even though Grom and Garrosh are not identical characters (I consider the latter way more vicious and despicable) one thing father and son had in common was the capability to inspire other people to follow them, which is something Thrall always admired of Grom and partially motivated his later nomination of Garrosh for the Warchief position. On the other hand, both have always been too reckless and emotional, a couple of traits highly detrimental to someone's leadership.

Both Garrosh and especially Grom did their best when they led people while being kept somewhat in check. But giving Warchief titles to either of them was never the most mindful of choices.

Garrosh give zero shits about green color dude, he was warchief of the green orcs for 2 expansions and live among then for 3, jesus
    It's not the color, bro. It's what it represented. Imagine that there was a deadly epidemic, let's called it green plague, that caused generations of your people to suffer. A member of a small minority who was lucky enough to avoid it paints himself green and runs around pretending he has it. Wouldn't that piss you off?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It's not the color, bro. It's what it represented. Imagine that there was a deadly epidemic, let's called it green plague, that caused generations of your people to suffer. A member of a small minority who was lucky enough to avoid it paints himself green and runs around pretending he has it. Wouldn't that piss you off?
    no, and would not piss of Garrosh, it could piss of AU Grom, not Garrosh