Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethrak View Post
    This is true I'm sure the Alliance would be upset, but this void/fire DK stuff is interesting to me I don't see how you get void and fire from Unholy/Frost/Blood but I'm open to more customization with glyphs.
    I am trying to tell that when you bring some uniquie flavour to one race+class combo leaving others overboard...(and we all know how Aliance players react when horde get something "cool") well it will bring more anger than fun from the comunity. So if they want create this - they must plan not only race+class combo, but many many of them. At least as promise to create this in future patches. (and this still leave "physical" classes left alone - like warrior, rogue, hunter) wich will lead to more work for the developer team (artist and animation especialy)
    About void - well, void is consuming already so in terms of blood and unholy it's easy. And fire - all types of dark fire and ash (ash chains instead ice chains, ash shield and etc.)
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-02-24 at 01:28 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glyphs! Introduce Glyphs! Make the nation happy!

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    From what I recall, Blizzard has said that they're "Not focusing on race fantasy in BFA", which I feel ultimately means we probably won't get Zandalari dino forms.

However, I also recall that they've said they might focus on race fantasy in the future, in which case I think we might get racial reskins for a lot of classes- which could include dino forms(alongside things like proper Tauren Sunwalkers, and Night Elf moon priests).
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

5+ Year Old Account
    it would be really cool and unique to the race... its just that so many of the feral/guardian spells are associated with a bear or a cat in their icons. Tiger's fury, frenzied regen... It would be weird to associate them with anything either than cats/bears, and it would be weird to have them changed just so they can be streamlined for dinos.

That being said, they should just do it lol. Shred/Rake/Rip/Swipe/Thrash still can lend itself to different forms just name-wise, and i just wanna charge shit as a dino :P

I'm sorry but i just don't think this will happen. In fact, i'm surprised you even got travel forms.

Look at paladins for example - sunwalkers use the sun as their power. night elf paladins use elune as their power. humans use the holy light. vindicaars use the naaru. bloodknights used to use stolen energy from naaru too.

but they all use exactly the same spells.

Don't get me wrong, it SHOULD happen. Zandalari Paladins should definitely be calling upon their Tyrannosaurus Loa for aid. Sunwalkers should be powering up with the sun and so on, but it just won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    At the very least, I hope we get a glyph to change bear into Direhorn form. I'm okay with cat remaining cat, because I have no idea what the alternative could be. Devilsaur are too big, and raptors are already the travel form.

Aquatic form should be a Threshadon, though.
    Oh it would be nice really. I believe Darkspear forms should be updated too. Crack cats to be changed to actual tigers, Stag changed to something that fits them same for seal (maybe share same forms with Zandalari but altered slightly?) Bat updated or also replaced by pterrowing.

I believe Darkspears should come in contact with dinomancers together with Zen'Tabra as they would likely echange knowledge considering both have ties to Gonk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    while i am not againts your theory... There still one big flaw in it.
    The big sh**storm from Aliance playerbase (till they do something for their druids), and little from horde. And then even biggest from both when priests, paladins and DK start demanding same treatement for their skills (sun, "bloody", pale, loa light for paladins, shadow (+paladins list) for priest, void/fire/blood/frost for DK).
    which is something that is quite requested without those out. Some spells / animations simply don't fit certain racial combos. It should be an option to at least change things with glyphs. Like for trolls to change refal spirits from wolves to raptors.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

at the very least they should at least add little touches to the cat and bear and moonkin forms. Highmountain got antlers on their forms (except moonkin because moonkin always gets shafted) so something minor would be nice instead of a straight darkspear troll rip
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Oh it would be nice really. I believe Darkspear forms should be updated too. Crack cats to be changed to actual tigers, Stag changed to something that fits them same for seal (maybe share same forms with Zandalari but altered slightly?) Bat updated or also replaced by pterrowing.

I believe Darkspears should come in contact with dinomancers together with Zen'Tabra as they would likely echange knowledge considering both have ties to Gonk.

- - - Updated - - -

which is something that is quite requested without those out. Some spells / animations simply don't fit certain racial combos. It should be an option to at least change things with glyphs. Like for trolls to change refal spirits from wolves to raptors.
    I really like one of the feral druid artifact skin forms. Great tiger form.

As for stag - should be a raptor, too. Seal/Sealion to Threshadon (same for Zandalari), and the bat should be updated, perhaps using the WoD bat model as a base.

Deleted
    yeah but in that case no one will play night elf taren or normal troll DRUID anymore xD can you imagine that?

I really like one of the feral druid artifact skin forms. Great tiger form.
    You have no idea how annoying it was for me. That's right there perfect Troll Feral form. And you have to go though extra effort to get something that should be baseline, and not only that, other fruids can get it too. Aaaand you have to be feral to keep it otherwise crack cat awaits. :/

As for stag - should be a raptor, too. Seal/Sealion to Threshadon (same for Zandalari), and the bat should be updated, perhaps using the WoD bat model as a base.
    Yea. And that batform is really anoying, not only it uses outdated vanilla bat model, but also it cannot sit down. Pterrowing is so much superior to it.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Joolo View Post
    yeah but in that case no one will play night elf taren or normal troll DRUID anymore xD can you imagine that?
    I doubt they will anyway - what with the raptor and pterodactyl forms.

- - - Updated - - -

You have no idea how annoying it was for me. That's right there perfect Troll Feral form. And you have to go though extra effort to get something that should be baseline, and not only that, other fruids can get it too. Aaaand you have to be feral to keep it otherwise crack cat awaits. :/

Yea. And that batform is really anoying, not only it uses outdated vanilla bat model, but also it cannot sit down. Pterrowing is so much superior to it.
    Wondering - should the new Troll bat form be a regular bat, or more modeled after Hir'eek?

Quote Originally Posted by Joolo View Post
    Well I can imagine no one playing regular troll as their foms were treated badly from the very start. But night elves has specific theme and setting that still attracts lots of people, not to mention "original druid vibe".

Tauren were also appealing to specific group of people.

- - - Updated - - -

Wondering - should the new Troll bat form be a regular bat, or more modeled after Hir'eek?
    That would make sense considering that it's the Loa Trolls get power to change to bat.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

That would make sense considering that it's the Loa Trolls get power to change to bat.
    Yep, and it has a pretty unique appearance and the ability to stand and walk normally, instead of just constantly hovering.

well - as i said. this require more work than some people think. examples: lore cause you can't just slam it there to be (why dk gone fire, why void, why undeath, why priest shadow focused, why paladin gone loa), animations, mechanics, models (with druids it will be even harder now cause forms from druid artifact). And it will be piled on bigger thing. Cause we will hear outrage from aliance paladins and priests for example. Their paladins are "straight" paladins, not like "druidish" tauren, loa trolls and faithless BE. But they want this new sweet cool animations! so then we will see thread like "MAKE *race/class* ANIMATIONS AVALIABLE FOR EVERYONE! WHY MY PALADIN CAN'T LEARN FROM SUNWALKERS!?"

let's be honest with ourself. When developer try to sate our hunger more than required - our hunger will grow.
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-02-25 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    well - as i said. this require more work than some people think. examples: lore cause you can't just slam it there to be (why dk gone fire, why void, why undeath, why priest shadow focused, why paladin gone loa), animations, mechanics, models (with druids it will be even harder now cause forms from druid artifact). And it will be piled on bigger thing. Cause we will hear outrage from aliance paladins and priests for example. Their paladins are "straight" paladins, not like "druidish" tauren, loa trolls and faithless BE. But they want this new sweet cool animations! so then we will see thread like "MAKE *race/class* ANIMATIONS AVALIABLE FOR EVERYONE! WHY MY PALADIN CAN'T LEARN FROM SUNWALKERS!?"

let's be honest with ourself. When developer try to sate our hunger more than required - our hunger will grow.
    I'd be happy if they'd do for one spell for each class at a time and it would be great.
    They did it with druids forms, and shaman glyphs for trolls. They made specific mounts for paladins. They did awesome work so far. I know that other people are impatient I'm not one of them, and I realise it's much work. But we can still give proper feedback and suggestions on how to achieve stuff with possibly lowest effort.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    Sethrak you traitor have you gone over to the Troll side

OT: I was planning to roll a Zandalari druid any way if they have direhorn forms for bear forms I would be all over that.

I'm probably wrong but I feel like Zandalari druids should primarily have dino forms to begin with. They really don't mesh well with the cat and bear forms but dinomancers are everywhere the zandalari go so a ravasaur and direhorn form makes significantly more sense with them over the typical cat and bear forms imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    I'm probably wrong but I feel like Zandalari druids should primarily have dino forms to begin with. They really don't mesh well with the cat and bear forms but dinomancers are everywhere the zandalari go so a ravasaur and direhorn form makes significantly more sense with them over the typical cat and bear forms imo.
    I agree though I could almost see cats like jungle tigers etc since those seem "troll", bears though seem to have no relationship so I do think it should be Direhorn form. Similar to the dino island costume from MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The flight forms the allied races have all had different names, Highmountain has Great Eagle Form, Zandalari has Pterodax Form, it's not that farfetched to have different forms and names for Ferals and Guardian forms, which I call them because it sorta just generalizes all the different possible animals for each form

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I agree though I could almost see cats like jungle tigers etc since those seem "troll", bears though seem to have no relationship so I do think it should be Direhorn form. Similar to the dino island costume from MoP.
    Bears do kind of have some connection to Amani, but Direhorns really do fit Zandalari more.