probs just using life/demon/armor powder then, I do that every now again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jinreeko View Post
    you just walk up to the vines to climb them...
    For some reason, it wouldn't let me. But now I can do it without a single thought. If I could go back to see what I was doing wrong, i'm sure i'd look like an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

I spent the past 4 days playing this game non-stop (Had Mon and Tues off work). After dumping a ton of time into the game, i've learned to love it. Only HR 12 atm (Only started a week ago) and i'm still learning new things about the game.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Oh hey, zero punctuation still exists
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Oh hey, zero punctuation still exists
    Eh? He never went anywhere, the escapist may be a dead channel but zero has been hitting 500k+ of views for them when they normally get 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took down Nergigante last night! I am now free to focus on an end game build!!!

But before that...I have to farm a shit ton of consumable materials. I have nearly run out of everything at this point, lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

you wont find them too hard, some earlier bosses are much harder

Got around to taking down the final story boss and boy that just feels like Shagaru Magala 2.0.

Pro-tip: make sure you pick up the piercing slinger ammo it drops. One or two will knock him out the sky when he tries to do his aerial run. Saves a lot of time and stops him destroying all the crystal growths you can use as cover for sharpening and the like.

-speaking as someone who solo'ed it that is a group with a long range HBG'er could probably cakewalk it.

@dope_danny Sharagaru had so much more going on tho, this fight is probably one of the easiest. Like I genuinely feel safe doing a full sharpen mid fight or what have you because he just doesn't really go out of his way to hit you. He's really just spongey is all.

I like the armor tho, and razorsharp is nice but its kinda hard to really care about it when you can get polish from 1 deco.

Seeing a lot of people out there lately trying to trash the HH because it can't do the bit 400+ hits that Hammer and GS do....and for some reason CANNOT GRASP that during the time it took them to CHARGE said 400dmg hit, I got him like 4 or 5 smaller hits doing the same damage equaling out to the same overall damage in a given period of time (AKA DPS).

So for people who don't fully grasp how damage works in this game, Gaijin Hunter has a good video on Damage mechanics. He also has a lot of great tutorials if you wish to learn new weapons:

There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Where you seeing that? I haven't noticed anything outside the usual reasons people don't like HH.

Where you seeing that? I haven't noticed anything outside the usual reasons people don't like HH.
    Not necessarily here, but pretty much anywhere that there are discussions about weapons in MH. But people in general don't seem to understand how damage is calculated in the game, and this applies to things like S/S as well.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Not necessarily here, but pretty much anywhere that there are discussions about weapons in MH. But people in general don't seem to understand how damage is calculated in the game, and this applies to things like S/S as well.
    Yeah that's fair though, game does a really poor job of displaying that. Like my friend was talking up the increase from a skill using CB numbers and I honestly had no idea what any of the numbers meant until I went and looked it up.

Maybe they should just put the true damage in parenthesis or something to give people an idea. I mean its even shitty for skills, like the attack skill probably looks super lackluster to someone using a GS or something that has hyper inflated numbers when its like ooh hey +3 woopty doo.

Yeah that's fair though, game does a really poor job of displaying that. Like my friend was talking up the increase from a skill using CB numbers and I honestly had no idea what any of the numbers meant until I went and looked it up.

Maybe they should just put the true damage in parenthesis or something to give people an idea. I mean its even shitty for skills, like the attack skill probably looks super lackluster to someone using a GS or something that has hyper inflated numbers when its like ooh hey +3 woopty doo.
    Yes, they need to put the real damage values. Gaijin talks about that in the video, actually, because he has to do math to figure out the actual damage values.

There is a lot about Monster Hunter that is honestly kind of needlessly Opaque that's kind of irritating.

Like how Elderseal works or what the heck Affinity is and how it functions (I know it basically means "More Damage" but it's apparently a bit more complicated thatn just renaming it being Crit)

That and having some in-game direction of what to do after the uncapping at rank 14 would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    There is a lot about Monster Hunter that is honestly kind of needlessly Opaque that's kind of irritating.

Like how Elderseal works or what the heck Affinity is and how it functions (I know it basically means "More Damage" but it's apparently a bit more complicated thatn just renaming it being Crit)

That and having some in-game direction of what to do after the uncapping at rank 14 would be nice.
    Affinity is literally just crit. It's the chance to deal 25% more damage OR the chance to deal 25% LESS damage, if the Affinity is negative.

Elderseal causes Elder Dragons to drop out of their enraged states faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Affinity is the %chance to inflict 125% damage (or 130/135/140 with crit boost) if % is positive or 75% damage if % is negative.

It is just a crit.

Edit : Ninja'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i am working on the 3 Elder Dragons right now, discovering the Rotten Vale one now. I have my Diablos Tyrannis II CB and my armor is what i found to be a pretty solid build: eye patch/dober chest 3 piece nerg. Thinking i want to start working on a new weapon. Anyone got suggestions. I am a complete novice to MH, and play almost exclusively solo or by answering random SOSs as none of my friends stuck the game out to even Nerg.

I entered HR with Lbowgun and then switched to CB.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

If you like CB give Switch Axe a try. Its like a go between of GS and CB.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I found Nergigante was a lot harder then all the other elder dragon. I most have done 3 attempts on Nergigante while I got all of the others including the final boss on my first try.
    Hell almost got the rotten vale boss down without a single feint.
    So just to calcify. Elder seal does nothing to monsters that aren’t elder dragons ?