Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just a heads up: Not sure where yall are getting that MotE is a combination of boots and 2pc, but this is the details for the talent:

"Casting Lava Burst increases the damage of your next Nature or Frost spell by 20%."

There's no cooldown, and it triggers on cast completion (not damage); it's pretty similar to our current 2pc (although things like EB and LB can consume it).

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Just a heads up: Not sure where yall are getting that MotE is a combination of boots and 2pc, but this is the details for the talent:

"Casting Lava Burst increases the damage of your next Nature or Frost spell by 20%."

There's no cooldown, and it triggers on cast completion (not damage); it's pretty similar to our current 2pc (although things like EB and LB can consume it).
    It must have just changed.

Ele needs icefury baseline and generally more spells (like every otehr spec since MOP does)

such a disgrace they are leaving as in the current state, though ele is probably one of the better designed legion classes

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    Ele needs icefury baseline and generally more spells (like every otehr spec since MOP does)
    I like Icefury, but it shouldn't be baseline.

The talent itself is a bit clunky to use, it sometimes causes your priority to get clogged up, everything comes off cd, things proc, you're hitting maelstrom cap and you have to slowly work down the priority list and hope that nothing falls off prematurely.

It's fine as a talent, you can pick it up if you like it, because it has some advantages but the spec works just fine without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

The talent itself is a bit clunky to use, it sometimes causes your priority to get clogged up, everything comes off cd, things proc, you're hitting maelstrom cap and you have to slowly work down the priority list and hope that nothing falls off prematurely.

It's fine as a talent, you can pick it up if you like it, because it has some advantages but the spec works just fine without it.
    Agreed. It's actually a perfect example of a good Talent. It changes the playstyle and adds complexity.
    Last edited by mkultra55; 2018-02-25 at 05:16 PM.

such a disgrace they are leaving as in the current state, though ele is probably one of the better designed legion classes
    Honestly i wish ice fury would be canned...frost shocks shouldn't be your main nuke, that never made any sense, not only is it visually underwhelming but it also takes away from spells like Lava Burst and Elemental Blast which should be really strong but end up being pathetic.

At this point if anything should be made baseline it's Ele Blast, that spell should be the main nuke of elemental, it embodies the "class fantasy" more than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    Honestly i wish ice fury would be canned...frost shocks shouldn't be your main nuke, that never made any sense, not only is it visually underwhelming but it also takes away from spells like Lava Burst and Elemental Blast which should be really strong but end up being pathetic.

At this point if anything should be made baseline it's Ele Blast, that spell should be the main nuke of elemental, it embodies the "class fantasy" more than any other.
    I like Icefury and I'm glad it's staying as a Talent. I enjoy the complexity it adds to the rotation. It's completely optional.

While making EB baseline would be great I don't have an issue with it being a talent. I think it fits in nicely with Icefury in that row since it also changes the rotation. The outlier for me is Echo which is what should be baseline IMO. Change it out for a different Passive ability for players who want a simpler rotation.
    Last edited by mkultra55; 2018-02-25 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    I like Icefury and I'm glad it's staying as a Talent. I enjoy the complexity it adds to the rotation. It's completely optional.

While making EB baseline would be great I don't have an issue with it being a talent. I think it fits in nicely with Icefury in that row since it also changes the rotation. The outlier for me is Echo which is what should be baseline IMO. Change it out for a different Passive ability for players who want a simpler rotation.
    It's not optional when it performs much better than the other "choices", if it was optional there wouldn't be an issue here.

It's not optional when it performs much better than the other "choices", if it was optional there wouldn't be an issue here.
    That's true with every talent since the theorycraft folks will always find the numerically best choice. That said, Icefury and Ascendance are currently very close on Sims when using the Gloves and Boots (which is always) so "much better" is hyperbole. I just simmed my toon with my BIS gear and there's only a 10K difference between the two.

With very heavy movement Icefury is theoretically better but the added complexity nullifies that for most players especially since it's not hard to find a good Ascendance window even on heavy movement fights.

I assume you're talking about Live because it would be foolish to make assumptions based on the current state of Alpha.
    Last edited by mkultra55; 2018-02-25 at 06:37 PM.

Icefury being forced into the rotation no matter what spec you use would be a disaster. I like it, but it's best to remain optional/situational.

If anything Ice Fury should stay a talent but replace Earth Shock (no cd, costing ms instead of gaining ms, also makes frost shocks free)

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

so you're saying that having complex decision making (what makes spec fun) from time to time is bad?
    Icefury is the reason I am playing ele personally, without that the spec is kinda boring (still better tho than 90% of legion specs lol)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marty096 View Post
    Icefury being forced into the rotation no matter what spec you use would be a disaster. I like it, but it's best to remain optional/situational.
    It should be baseline but with reduced bonuses (from 4 to lets say 2) and same duration so it doesnt feel as nervous.

- - - Updated - - -

Icefury is making spec be around not 2 but 3 mechanics (which is unique in legion, all other dps specs are extremely straight forward) so its cool, maybe they can replace icefury with something new and more fun but my point is still there - give us more dps mechanics to play around , cause decision making is fun.

Deleted
    so you're saying that having complex decision making (what makes spec fun) from time to time is bad?
    Icefury is the reason I am playing ele personally, without that the spec is kinda boring (still better tho than 90% of legion specs lol)
    That's why it's perfect as a talent imo. It adds complexity (and better DPS if used right) for those who want it, without forcing it down your throat. I played a long time with icefury, but am now happily playing without it. And the fact I can choose is awesome.

No, but it should be optional, Ele has always been a rather straight forward spec to play.

There should be talents that add complexity / depth to a spec, Icefury just does that.

I liked Icefury as a talent. But I havent played much my Elem Alt in Legion. I like the changes, feels like the Elem will be a little more resistant and offer good variety of talents so far.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    That's why it's perfect as a talent imo. It adds complexity (and better DPS if used right) for those who want it, without forcing it down your throat. I played a long time with icefury, but am now happily playing without it. And the fact I can choose is awesome.
    Exactly! It's the definition of what a Talent should be. It changes the rotation and adds complexity but is optional.

Just make Echo baseline and put some other Passive effect in it's place and that row will be perfect.

I could play IF pretty good I just didn't enjoy it at all. It looks boring. I want to see lightning and fire everywhere. The visuals of the base kit look so damn good. IF needs massive visual love. And honestly needs to really kick ass for single target to make the additional rotation worth while. Only a slight gain and even more planning ahead for movement isn't worth it to me in its current state. And IMO lvb needs the chaos bolt treatment with crit and not only tied into ascendance. That CD can further buff the crit contribution but lvb just hits way to weak for me.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    ........ And IMO lvb needs the chaos bolt treatment with crit and not only tied into ascendance. That CD can further buff the crit contribution but lvb just hits way to weak for me.
    Do you really want that though?

Lava Burst always crits when a target is debuffed with Flame Shock and Elemental Fury means that crit does 250% damage as opposed to the standard 200%. You'd need 50% Crit for the damage to match if they changed Lava Burst to work like Chaos Bolt.

It's a tough spell to balance because of Lava Surge and Overload.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Mate, feedback is literally the point of this open style of alpha.
    Couldn't have said it better. Great Squirtle avatars think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Do you really want that though?

Lava Burst always crits when a target is debuffed with Flame Shock and Elemental Fury means that crit does 250% damage as opposed to the standard 200%. You'd need 50% Crit for the damage to match if they changed Lava Burst to work like Chaos Bolt.

It's a tough spell to balance because of Lava Surge and Overload.
    I meant total damage it always crits yes with flame shock up but for being a "hard hitting" spell it leave something to be desired. Crit is 100% useless stat on LvB if flame shock is on a target and you dont have ascendance. One tier in legion we somewhat favored it cause one of our set bonus buffed whatever that 2 charge spell is that buffs the damage of the next spell cast if any spells crit. But my main points were LvB does not hit hard and crit is a wasted stat on one of our main spells unless you have a talent cd.

Im not saying if you have 30% crit it should do 30% more damage they can tune around that but it just needs to do SOMETHING for one of our main spells.
    If they set it at half the value and you had 30% and it buffed it by 15% then ascendance could double that value to be equal with your actual % chance.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM