Poll: Which HD player model are you most disappointed with?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This will just be a repeat of ignorant fools linking to very early Beta versions of the new model faces, with no regards to what has happened since then.

I'm not disappointed with any model outside of the female Worgen, because no matter what, they no longer look as horrifyingly bad as they did before WoD.

What I might dislike, is animation. Male human running and female human casting are not favourites of mine. Everything else was a 100% improvement on the old, shitty models with 2-pixel eyes.

I also think they should've been less concerned with "staying true to the original models" and just outright say "We're remaking them from a fresh perspective". They sort of went down the Worgen female route at times.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-02-24 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    Worgen and Goblin models.
    They came out before the HD models. So technically those models aren't HD models and still 2010 models that came out in Cataclysm so they're 8 years old. But in Blizzcon 2017, they did announce they will also get an update soon.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-02-24 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Pretty much every faces. I love the new models, they're definitely better quality than the old models - I mean, honestly, unless you're literally blind.

With that said, the faces are a huge let down. They all suffer from same-face syndrome and although you'd expect the whole thing to be of higher quality, pinecone beards (Humans) makes me wish we'd still have the old model option in-game.
    You still have the old model options so...... ? Use them..? Just lookup the console toggle for it.

I look forward to seeing the inflamed response to this about why they cant use them because it isnt in the options menu (pretty sure it still is) when the reality is simply they don't actually prefer the old models to the new ones. Nobody ever does. But, hey, carry that flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them. It was a chance to really up the caliber of player models but Blizzard was too caught up in remaining true to the original, and ultimately failed to make anything that resembled the original.

The better option would be to overhaul the system and let people have the means to make a toon that looked like the original.

Not a popular opinion but male undead. I kind of hoped there would be an option to hide all the sticking out bones. Hoped they would get rid of claws. And add at least a couple decent haircuts.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I have never liked the Male humans. Those arms are silly.

That said, I'm in favor of both Thin Humans and Kul Tiran Humans. They look at least realistic. There is nothing realistic about the current male human model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    They came out before the HD models. So technically those models aren't HD models and still 2010 models that came out in Cataclysm so they're 8 years old. But in Blizzcon 2017, they did announce they will also get an update soon.
    Technically they were the first HD models, since everything else was built on their framework, there is a reason they werent updated when the others were, because blizzard already considered them "HD".

SO yeah, most disappointing for me is Worgen models, mostly because they butchered them, alpha models were so much better... Both genders didn't have constant angryface, and the females didn't have oversized bulgy eyes.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-02-24 at 11:54 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeth View Post
    Male humans becuase theyre too muscley now which gives.them a wide look. Also the running animation is much more bouncy now.
    Nuh, the problem is Humans that muscley dont do cardio. Steals gains.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    You still have the old model options so...... ? Use them..? Just lookup the console toggle for it.

I look forward to seeing the inflamed response to this about why they cant use them because it isnt in the options menu (pretty sure it still is) when the reality is simply they don't actually prefer the old models to the new ones. Nobody ever does. But, hey, carry that flag.
    Relax buddy, look what I wrote and witness the fact that I said I loved the new models.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Human Female are the ones most drastically different and horrible.

I have no idea why Night Elf Males are so high up, I'm guessing people just imagined something different from how low poly and low detail they were, being the oldest of all player models.

While not an option or related, playable Nightborne look awful. They literally look unfinished and barely resemble their NPC counterparts. I kept waiting all through PTR data mining for them to improve but Blizzard felt like they were indeed done which is a FUCKING JOKE.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Human Female are the ones most drastically different and horrible.

I have no idea why Night Elf Males are so high up, I'm guessing people just imagined something different from how low poly and low detail they were, being the oldest of all player models.

While not an option or related, playable Nightborne look awful. They literally look unfinished and barely resemble their NPC counterparts. I kept waiting all through PTR data mining for them to improve but Blizzard felt like they were indeed done which is a FUCKING JOKE.
    Female Nightborne look and feel far better than the males. The one thing I dislike, is how Hunter weapons are positioned on the back of female Nightborne.

But alas, they're basically subraces and won't ever receive the same polish as entirely new races. Can still give feedback and bug reports to say, the male Nightborne's horrible arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elf male just looks awkward and ultimately less detailed than other model's texture wise, I can't quite place why but the skin tones just look off, or very lightly detailed (not low resolution, just no actual artwork to detail their skin).

Also, that "bounce" they have while idle irritates the hell out of me still, the shuffling from side to side, while still ridiculous, still looked imposing in some fashion on the original animation set.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Not a popular opinion but male undead. I kind of hoped there would be an option to hide all the sticking out bones. Hoped they would get rid of claws. And add at least a couple decent haircuts.
    you can use chinese models modifing the config.wtf file

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    you can use chinese models modifing the config.wtf file
    Not sure if it's allowed. Besides, to everyone else I would look exactly the same which would make it far less satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Not sure if it's allowed. Besides, to everyone else I would look exactly the same which would make it far less satisfying.
    the file is a modificable one. there are things like volumes and graphic settings, probably you can even modify with some command in the game. anyway you can ask to blizz if you can.

To do any model editing you need a modified launcher which when blizzard switched over to the new file system broke all the old model edits. People have manage to find a work around launcher but there is the possibility of being banned for using it.
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Most of them. Just like most of the "HD" upgrades Blizz has done, the style and charm is gone for more lepixels.

Thankfully, you can still disable them. I don't mind the new animations, so not bothered you can't get the old ones back.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2018-02-25 at 03:52 AM.

Deleted
    Male Humans and male Night Elves for me.
    Their characteristics are nice but their run animation is horrible. The male Human is literally unplayable for me. There goes my paladin.

For some odd reason, most male races suffer from the bouncy run animation first introduced with the Pandaren. It might fit the Pandaren, but not a full plate muscled human.
    Likewise, most female races now have a very "girly" run, as if they were characters from a Disney movie.

I used to play a bunch of races but I just can't play anything else other than a Blood Elf now. Facial characteristics are nice and all, but the most important is the character's run, that's what you see most of the time. I don't understand how an animator created the running animation for the male human, equipped him with a cloak and after watching him run he said to himself "damn that's good". I don't even.

Quote Originally Posted by Gakkiz Steelwrench View Post
    Troll male, undead male.

The skins are fine, but the gear looks just awful on them now, which is a huge problem on alot of races imo.
    Nailed it. Love my UD Warlock. Hate that most of the gear on him looks terrible.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Male Orcs because we still smash our own faces with our weapons, embarrassing