Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I mean...who cares. I wouldn't care if they brought Milo or Hillary Clinton or PewDiePie into their offices either.

Some of you guys are unhealthily obsessed with hating this con artist of a woman. The best thing you can do to get rid of her is stop giving her any sort of publicity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I refuse to believe he's a troll, trolls don't put as much effort into their posts as he does
    It's old school.
    Nice to see the craft alive and well here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Some of you guys are unhealthily obsessed with hating this con artist of a woman. The best thing you can do to get rid of her is stop giving her any sort of publicity.
    I kind of take you point, she is the Lord Voldemort of the gaming industry. But when game studios seek her twisted opinions on their games I think we as consumers should be aware of it. I mean, there should be like a government health warning on games advising people that the game has been Sakeesian approved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Because she is a smart intelligent articulate woman with valuable insights on gaming and pop culture.
    Literally none of what you said applies to this woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Literally none of what you said applies to this woman.
    Everyone has an opinion and I have mine and I think she’s smart and a great advocate.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    My dream of scoring another Quarian QT is drifting further away it seems (like for real, if anyone didn't pick Tali then did you even play Mass Effect)

- - - Updated - - -

I refuse to believe he's a troll, trolls don't put as much effort into their posts as he does
    Tennishit would like to have a word with you about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone has an opinion and I have mine and I think she’s smart and a great advocate.
    I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I mean...who cares. I wouldn't care if they brought Milo or Hillary Clinton or PewDiePie into their offices either.
    Yeah, no kidding. This gets a big woopty shit from me.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Tennishit would like to have a word with you about that.

I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong.
    No you would be being objective instead of filled with hatred and insults for people with whom you disagree.

Sarkeesian's fame, if you want to call it that, is entirely the product of alt right/MRA/Gamergate/whatever losers bringing her name up at every possible opportunity. And when other people see that, they can only conclude that if all the internet trolls hate her for no apparent reason, she must be a very well-informed and credible expert on these topics and so they treat her like one. And besides, Bioware's games have always had sort of a socially progressive bent, so I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you would be being objective instead of filled with hatred and insults for people with whom you disagree.
    Not really sure who you think you're fooling or trying to impress with your faux-online persona but you do you I suppose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because she is a smart intelligent articulate woman with valuable insights on gaming and pop culture.
    Not going to lie, this is the best joke I've heard all day. 10/10 would laugh again.

Oes noes aneeta sarkeshan REEEEEEE!

Am I doing it right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Sarkeesian's fame is from tons of bloggers, newspapers, tv, etc. all talking about her "groundbreaking" kickstarter campaign. The hate came after.
    I literally never heard of her until the hate campaign started filling every thread on the internet with whining about her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    I kind of take you point, she is the Lord Voldemort of the gaming industry. But when game studios seek her twisted opinions on their games I think we as consumers should be aware of it. I mean, there should be like a government health warning on games advising people that the game has been Sakeesian approved.
    See, this is the kind of unhealthy obsession I'm talking about. Who gives a shit if this idiot visited the studio? Even for Bioware she's nuts. They're a big company and likely get visits from a number of personalities from time to time, but you heard about Sarkeesian's because her hatedom is so incredibly persistent I wouldn't be surprised if they get up at night just so they have more time to hate her some more.

She's Milo with tits. She's a professional troll and nothing more. My dog has as much influence as her. Stop feeding her for pete's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Sarkeesian's fame is from tons of bloggers, newspapers, tv, etc. all talking about her "groundbreaking" kickstarter campaign. The hate came after.
    There are tons of would-be internet personalities out there who talk about feminist topics, none of which most of us bother to think about much. Sarkeesian is only recognizable because of all the hate she receives, which has done nothing but elevate her profile. In fact, pretty much anyone that right wing trolls attack instantly gains mainstream credibility, while anyone that they tout loses theirs. And this has nothing to do with some liberal media conspiracy, and everything to do with internet right wingers apparently having no idea how they look to the rest of the world. Try saying what the OP wrote here in public to ANYONE, even if they agreed with you they would want to pretend that they didn't and ignore you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Why are you people so obsessed with her?

She's a person with an opinion about video games. C'mon now.
    Well hm, let's see.

She often pushes constructed agendas using lies, is counter-culture and has messages that are generally rooted in sexually-biased hatred, stirs the pot when it doesn't need to be stirred...

Why don't you go to some thread about Trump and say WHY DO U GUYS TALK ABOUT TRUMP HE GUY WITH OPINION COME ON NOW?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I literally never heard of her until the hate campaign started filling every thread on the internet with whining about her.
    That means she doesn't exist! You didn't hear about her before so she doesn't exist and has done nothing worth pointing out!

For the record I don't care much about Anita but I know why she gets the reactions she does. She has some actual clout in the video game world and can make things hard for people if she really wants to. Considering she's the type of person to outright lie about things (her video bitching about that shitty new Hitman game where you can knock out some strippers is a good example of this) and cause social dilemmas, no shit people care about her enough to complain when she's causing trouble.

Oh wait but Mormolyce hasn't heard of her before so why does everyone care lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Well hm, let's see.

She often pushes constructed agendas using lies, is counter-culture and has messages that are generally rooted in sexually-biased hatred, stirs the pot when it doesn't need to be stirred...

Why don't you go to some thread about Trump and say WHY DO U GUYS TALK ABOUT TRUMP HE GUY WITH OPINION COME ON NOW?
    Because it's fucking video games, not national policy that impacts lives.

If you guys stopped giving her all this free publicity she'd be forgotten.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    That means she doesn't exist! You didn't hear about her before so she doesn't exist and has done nothing worth pointing out!

For the record I don't care much about Anita but I know why she gets the reactions she does. She has some actual clout in the video game world and can make things hard for people if she really wants to. Considering she's the type of person to outright lie about things (her video bitching about that shitty new Hitman game where you can knock out some strippers is a good example of this) and cause social dilemmas, no shit people care about her enough to complain when she's causing trouble.

Oh wait but Mormolyce hasn't heard of her before so why does everyone care lolz.
    Everybody lies, she is a commentator, and advocate, she isn't obligated to old some moral line, despite whatever gaming journalism tripe that gets used as a defense for attacking her and others. Zoe Quinn for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If you guys stopped giving her all this free publicity she'd be forgotten.
    Yes, but so would the people complaining thus why they need her more than she needs them.