Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    the dupes things is (in my understanding) just so theres no loot competition and to have more buff variety available (but i'd say its the loot mostly)
    There's also the limit break meter and it charging slower with duplicates. I think you can still hit it with a dupe but that depends on people not dying and that's something I see all the time in farm parties.

Oh well no reason to step in that place again. Got the mount on my 12th try which is surprising for me when most of the time it takes around 150 kills on average to get one. Also got 95th percentile on that fight on my Red Mage which I'm pretty proud of too considering I'm only 349.

10+ Year Old Account
    Modern integrated Realtek sound chipset aren't bad from what I understand. You have to go for pretty expensive add in card (provided you have the expansion slots) if you want something better. If we're talking 5 years ago, yeah a cheaper sound card one would work better.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Modern integrated Realtek sound chipset aren't bad from what I understand. You have to go for pretty expensive add in card (provided you have the expansion slots) if you want something better. If we're talking 5 years ago, yeah a cheaper sound card one would work better.
    Yeah Rem. Hence why I'm trying the cheaper alternative first before I go all out and basically get a new pc. I mean if it doesn't work then it's likely it's CPU related since a few people as I said were reporting issues with FX cpus.

It's a Creative Audigy FX which I've heard good things about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yup I paid around 165€ for my Titanium HD back then. Money well spent though, together with my DT880s it's by far the cheapest way to audiophile sound.

For those who have some experience with hunt mobs on their respective servers...how often do you get a storm of salt rocks kicked up over those things? I swear I've seen more butthurt over hunts here in 8 months on Zalera than in 2 years on Balmung...and with the former, most of that was in the first month or two of SB, when you had piles of us refugees pouring in.

I keep telling myself to simply further develop a capacity of giving zero fucks, but the one specific detail that is commonplace with the salt here is a sense of entitlement...over open world mobs, lol. That entitlement makes me scowl at my screen every time. One LS here will essentially not call out a hunt they spawn at all until literally everyone in the LS can get done with their dungeon or craft they just started (a LS that's right at the 128 capacity, mind you)...then they get mad at me for calling the thing out when I arrive. I'd probably laugh if it all weren't so sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunts are always fun. One idiot can't wait and the chat is ablaze.

I haven't bothered hunting (A/S Ranks) in a while, but I've never seen people get all huffy about them like that. You see the call, you get OTW or you risk getting left behind. Some people will be more patient as the crowd gathers and give an 'anyone OTW?' before pulling, others snag them when they feel like it and that's that. I dunno, maybe Excalibur is different, or maybe it's just my luck.

Regardless, haters gonna hate and if people wanna get butthurt about server pixels, let them. Just turn the chat off and ignore them, don't validate their existence with a response. In a month it won't mean shit, so why waste time now?

The only people who annoy me when it comes to hunts are the people who do it for the sheer purpose of causing chaos. You know who they are, every server has a few of them when it comes to hunts. Maybe I was just raised a different way or whatever but I cant understand how someone can get enjoyment out of other peoples frustration even if it's something so trivial. Just seems so demented lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    The only people who annoy me when it comes to hunts are the people who do it for the sheer purpose of causing chaos. You know who they are, every server has a few of them when it comes to hunts. Maybe I was just raised a different way or whatever but I cant understand how someone can get enjoyment out of other peoples frustration even if it's something so trivial. Just seems so demented lol.
    Everybody likes to feel special, whether through genuine accomplishment or through tearing others down to the level you can place yourself above them. My genuine belief is the people who do this kind of thing feel ignored or ineffectual in their real life and so turn to a virtual one where they feel like their actions matter. Some may also find a thrill in being an outlaw of sorts, not playing by the rules and getting away with it.

Whatever the case, frustrating as their actions may be, in the end they do it out of a lack of self-fulfillment, which should be pitied instead of hated.

Each server seems to have a slightly different 'culture' when it comes to hunts. On Balmung, it's very chaotic - if you're not there within a minute or so of an S rank being called out then you're likely to miss out. I've even seen people slave away to spawn an S rank only to find it dead before they can reach it themselves. Bigger zones such as Southern Thanalan are notorious for that.

On Cerberus and Mateus, people who pulled early or caused trouble were blacklisted from the various active hunt channels and people were much nicer and less dramatic about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Each server seems to have a slightly different 'culture' when it comes to hunts. On Balmung, it's very chaotic - if you're not there within a minute or so of an S rank being called out then you're likely to miss out. I've even seen people slave away to spawn an S rank only to find it dead before they can reach it themselves. Bigger zones such as Southern Thanalan are notorious for that.

On Cerberus and Mateus, people who pulled early or caused trouble were blacklisted from the various active hunt channels and people were much nicer and less dramatic about it all.
    Well its called Balmeme for a reason. Both it and Moogle are 'official' reddit and 4chan servers so the shitking quotient is going to be pretty high. Then beginners see the behaviour and assume its the norm and follow suit. Happened on a few WoW servers back in the day too. Last i heard Frostmane EU had the same situation to such a degree it ended up with 2 raid teams and 9% horde because the horde side was again "official /vg/ server/faction" choices.

I was mildly irritated (when making my previous post) with some twat who was giving me all sorts of flak for pulling a hunt mob when I hadn't been part of his scout party...even when we had all been at said hunt mob for at least a min and no one responded to a shout of "anyone need a party for the hunt here?". The twat was dumb enough to make a dumb enough remark that I entered a ticket on for harassment (since the dude kept on and on), then I followed that up by putting them on ignore. Don't think I've had to take such an action in a MMO since...jeez, maybe Cata era WoW, where I had some random warrior make an alt on my server just to bitch me out for not dying in a random BG. Being I was a resto shaman at the time...you had to bring 2-3 friends in order to kill me.

I suppose we all get our dose of the crazies every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I suppose we all get our dose of the crazies every so often.
    Yeah, we do. I had someone in POTD flip out and bitch and scream at us all, calling us toxic and the worst people they'd ever seen cos they started acting like a little turd, going into stealth and just slowly walking around instead of helping clear, then got called on their behavior. They didn't shut up the entire rest of the run.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yeah, we do. I had someone in POTD flip out and bitch and scream at us all, calling us toxic and the worst people they'd ever seen cos they started acting like a little turd, going into stealth and just slowly walking around instead of helping clear, then got called on their behavior. They didn't shut up the entire rest of the run.
    Yep, that’s definitely crazy there. I’m fortunate enough that the only time I ever set foot in PotD ever again is with 3 other friends in discord for our runs toward floor 200. It’ll be similar for PotD 2.0 or whatever it’ll be called, since I have everything at 70.

Regarding Hunts - everyone, and I mean everyone, on Gilgamesh knows American Steak Theory is the Linkshell to join when doing them. If you're offline and not doing hunts, you're booted from the Linkshell. Get an invite next time you're on and doing them. It's only for those actively doing hunts.

Somehow they manage to maintain a semblance of rational control despite having a few dozen people chomping at the bit to attack. They gather, announce when they'll attack (in 3 minutes or whatever) and at the 1 minute mark they'll ask if any more are on the way. If not... they still wait that 1 minute. If someone pulls, all bets can be off as folks aren't going to risk losing credit, but back when hunts were first introduced and the A ranks, let alone S ranks, were dangerous as hell I remember a time or two that someone not in the LS pulled and they managed to keep everyone from the LS on the sidelines. Everyone just watched the hunt mob destroy the early puller. That was fun to watch in a "that'll learn ya" sort of way.

I don't think they're able to maintain that calm on early pulls anymore, but it's still rather organized and controlled overall for hunts when running with AST.

So I need to vent:

I did my level 50/60 roulette on my RDM and got Copperbell HM. I had a BLM, a WHM, and a PLD as my party. The PLD tank proceeded to not say a word, and pull literally one pack at a time, and if there was a singular mob they pulled that one at a time too. I said, hey *insert name*, we have a very strong AOE dps comp, feel free to pull more. They ignored me, and continued to pull a singular mob over and over until the first boss.

Not only does the PLD tank the boss in the beginning of the ramp sitting in fire, but they're not grabbing aggro on a single additional add. We wipe on the first boss due to a bomb going off. I don't know how it went off, because I was literally casting spells at it, but either packet loss or (do casters get interrupted if they're getting hit? I don't know I dont normally play a caster) something happened. I guess the PLD had enough and left again, not a single word all dungeon. We replaced them and quickly got through it with ease.

Then I queued up for Leveling and got Qarn. I had a sprout SMN and a sprout WHM. The WHM proceeds to cast protect 4 times during the first fight and literally doesn't heal the tank at all the first pull and the tank dies (he's a level 60+ scaled down, not undergeared). No big deal, mistakes happen. Then the tank dies the second trash pull... Ok what's going on? You didn't cast a single heal. They still haven't said a single word.

Third pull in, tank dies again... The WHM at this point is healing, but only when the DRK only gets to like 10% HP and he dies like 4 times before the first boss. We get to the first boss and the healer dies to doom, despite explaining the mechanic in extremely simple words. I did watch the WHM cast a really juicy Stone II though. Randomly...

We pull again, and naturally the WHM dies, and we move on and kill the boss. Throughout this entire dungeon the WHM stood in EVERY single telegraph AOE. Eventually when we wipe on the second boss because the healer is accidentally healing themselves instead of the tank and finally says something. "it's really hard to heal you when you don't stand still". At this point between all the deaths, the silence, and this comment I'm like mindfucked. "Are you actually clicking on the person to heal them? Use your party frames to heal". The DRK explains how to use Cure II and so that's all the WHM then uses. They naturally die to telegraphed attacks and the SMN swiftcast res's and the WHM doesn't accept. We eventually wipe at like .5%. Thanks...

We go in again, WHM dies naturally, but we clear. WHM does not use ANY aoe healing.

We finally get to the end with no more tank deaths now that they understand how to cure II the tank, and neglect everyone else. They naturally die to last boss due to telegraphs and we clear.

This WHM has 3 characters over level 50. I AM terrified to think of all the toxic experiences she put people through while leveling.

I really wanted to kick them, but as a DPS I try not to stir the pot too much because long queues and I don't feel like getting kicked myself.

Balmung has (had?) a LS similar to that, simply called Bounty Hunter; worked great for me for getting to hunts and networking with some of the folks who knew the hunts in terms of spawn points, spawn conditions for S ranks, online resources, etc.

There’s just no way to control a crowd when it comes to hunts. It’s hilarious when people do. Can hope for courtesy on one hand, but the other hand will likely get filled first instead.

Edit: You aren’t alone in your suffering, @Wrecktangle:

From Skalla a couple days ago, a run where I was often teetering on death’s door (Hallowed 3 times) simply due to the healer pushing dps as hard as they could while I did the same while using every cd on the board. Ran out of TP twice at least on some of the trash pulls.

Heaven forbid I had a zero dps healer in that one...
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2018-02-27 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    do casters get interrupted if they're getting hit?
    Yes, esp when we get hit by autohits.
    VERY annoying, to say the least.

Holy crap that was awesome! Just did a Frontlines where my team had 2 healers and one of the others had 0. They got pushed back into their base and just kept rushing out to die again and again and again. I ended up with 19 Kills, 0 Deaths and 8 Assists. I must've fired off a half a dozen or more LB's! Needless to say, we won.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    From Skalla a couple days ago, a run where I was often teetering on death’s door (Hallowed 3 times) simply due to the healer pushing dps as hard as they could while I did the same while using every cd on the board. Ran out of TP twice at least on some of the trash pulls.

Heaven forbid I had a zero dps healer in that one...
    I feel like people have gotten worse LOL. There's always bad parties for sure, but lately I've had nearly nothing BUT bad DF runs. Every single DF contains AT bare minimum 1 player doing less than half of what they should (based on role/ilvl). I'm not talking about 100th percentile play as the standard. I'm talking about operating at 50% of class' maximum potential as a standard. People are operating at HALF of that, consistently. Do you know how easy it is to 50% of your jobs potential? Simply push 1-2-3 then 4-5-6 and sprinkle WHATEVER oGCDs you want in between. If you see x amount of mobs? Use AOE. Boom. You're successfully operating at 50% of your maximum potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yes, esp when we get hit by autohits.
    VERY annoying, to say the least.
    That explains it then. I'm like screaming at my PC why isn't that thing dying I am casting. I was also lagging moderately badly and wasn't sure if it was packet loss, but I had aggro on nearly 6 enemies or so, so I suspect I was getting interrupted. TIL (can you tell I don't play casters?).

Heh only game in my history of gaming where I needed a freaking VPN to play past 8PM.