Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I've never once said only furries want Vulpera. I think people with with really mediocre taste do, though.

They're just a visually boring race. Like I said before, one of my main criticisms with WoW is a lot of their races are shallow "animal but human" races. The Vulpera might have a lot of lore written for them (if they're going to be playable than they surely would) but it doesn't make them, in my eyes, any less cliche or absolutely boring. Pandaren at least had a whole Asian aesthetic going for them. Vulpera are literally just being shipped out of nowhere with the selling point being "fox guys lol". Boring.
    boring or not is totally subjective, lmao, this not even can be used as argument

fox people are boring, meanwhile the game is full of cliche like humans and elves, what a joke, what other mmo have a fox race like this?

you can dislike then very much, say they are shit, and cringe, anyway, but say they are "boring" is a bit dishonest.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-25 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    boring or not is totally subjective, lmao, this not even can be used as argument

fox people are boring meanwhile the game is full of cliche like humans and elves, what a joke, what other mmo have a fox race like this?

you can dislake then very much, say they are shit, and cringe, anyway, but say they are "boring" is a bit dishonest
    Can you please learn how to properly use English sometime? Unrelated to the point, I know, but a more proper use of even simple English rules would be helpful. Anyways:

Yes, WoW has a lot of cliche fantasy races. Gnomes, Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, Tauren, Humans. One could make an argument that any of them are generic or boring. However, WoW at least had their own unique visual takes on most of them. The elves, for instance, are all quite original designs. Generic fantasy elves are literally just tall humans with pointed ears (sometimes barely even pointed ears). WoW elves are quite different from that cliche, you certainly won't confuse a Blood Elf or Night Elf for a Tolkien elf. WoW orcs are generic 'big green monster guys', but again, they have a level of uniqueness to them that sets them apart from generic orcs. You won't confuse a depiction of a Warcraft orc for any other type of orc, generally.

Vulpera on the other hand are just downright objectively not that interesting or unique. Yeah, maybe you subjectively think they're cool but they legitimately look very similar to lots of other 'small furry guy' races. They're objectively quite cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Silvermoon Inn, but it's mostly full of belves.
    Okay, that is relatively easy to avoid.

These guys have so much customization to be playable races, if Blizzard is smart they'd make them full on allied races in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    Vulpera racial could be
    [PH]Devour: Eats a live critter to buff your highest stat(or by type of critter?) by %lvl for 5 minutes, devouring refreshes duration and adds 1/2 additional stats. stacking up to X times. eating a companion kills it until reviving with a pet trainer.

That could be ghastly. I like it.

Can you please learn how to properly use English sometime? Unrelated to the point, I know, but a more proper use of even simple English rules would be helpful.
    Not everyone on this forum speaks English as a first language.
    Vulpera on the other hand are just downright objectively not that interesting or unique. Yeah, maybe you subjectively think they're cool but they legitimately look very similar to lots of other 'small furry guy' races. They're objectively quite cliche.
    You're using objectively wrong. Objectivity = non-opinionated fact, you considering vulpera uninteresting is not something objective, but your personal opinion.

Secondly, you know absolutely nothing about vulpera culturally. For all you know they could be a race of cannibals that ruthlessly flay their enemies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Okay, that is relatively easy to avoid.
    I've watched a few YT videos on people trolling there. There always seems to be a lot of male tauren and female belves standing awfully close to one another...O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Not everyone on this forum speaks English as a first language.
    If you're going to come onto an English speaking forum and be an asshole, maybe you should make sure you're at least speaking the native language correctly? It's okay if you don't speak the language that well for whatever reason (even if it might be your first language), but if you're going to try berating someone's critical thinking and intelligence powers (as the poster in question tends to do a lot from what I see) maybe you should make sure your post doesn't read like a child made it?

You're using objectively wrong. Objectivity = non-opinionated fact, you considering vulpera uninteresting is not something objective, but your personal opinion.
    I am not using objectively wrong. Vulpera, in appearance, are very cliche and have nothing that really set them apart from any other "humanoid fox people", this is an objective fact- end of story. WoW elves might have a lot of elements of cliche elves (longevity, culture, magical, pointy ears, beautiful, tall, etc) but they're unique in many other ways. You can point out they have really long eyebrows, glowing eyes, really long ears, different skin tones, etc.

The fuck can you point out on Vulpera to set them apart from generic fox people?

Yeah, that's what I thought. So, as I said: They're objectively cliche.

Secondly, you know absolutely nothing about vulpera culturally. For all you know they could be a race of cannibals that ruthlessly flay their enemies.
    Go ahead and try pointing out where I mentioned anything at all about their culture. I'll wait. I know I said "pandaren have an Asian aesthetic going for them", but pandaren are also pretty generic too (at least as far as they're just 'animal but human' guys- pandas are at least a lot more original of an animal to use than foxes). If vulpera have some kind of cultural aesthetic going for them, they'd still be very cliche and bland appearance-wise.

Objectively, even.
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2018-02-25 at 04:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you please learn how to properly use English sometime? Unrelated to the point, I know, but a more proper use of even simple English rules would be helpful. Anyways:
    you need to go down this much? you are mentally disable so you only understand high lv grammar english? Jesus Christ

Yes, WoW has a lot of cliche fantasy races. Gnomes, Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, Tauren, Humans. One could make an argument that any of them are generic or boring. However, WoW at least had their own unique visual takes on most of them. The elves, for instance, are all quite original designs. Generic fantasy elves are literally just tall humans with pointed ears (sometimes barely even pointed ears). WoW elves are quite different from that cliche, you certainly won't confuse a Blood Elf or Night Elf for a Tolkien elf. WoW orcs are generic 'big green monster guys', but again, they have a level of uniqueness to them that sets them apart from generic orcs. You won't confuse a depiction of a Warcraft orc for any other type of orc, generally.
    oh my goodness, this hilarious

no, i mean, are you serious? elves in WoW are a big rip off of tolkien elves, and are made exactly to ocupe this place in the fantasy, they are not original in design. In lore? yeah, they are

And i didn't say the others are bad and look the same, you even bring up taurens and orcs, i know they are different in lore, it was just to illustrate how hypocrite is, to say a fox race is boring, when the game is full of cliche and boring races who are basically the same as any other MMO

they are, if you just ignore everything about then and just focus on their appearance

And again, to say they are boring and cliche just because of their appearance who look like others MMos, is hypocrite and asinine, when the game is full of boring cliche races like humans, dwarfs and elves.

and how much games you see with fox race playable like then? i never saw one, but games with humans and elves? yeah, i see a lot of then. fox people are less unique and more boring? yeah sure

- - - Updated - - -

If you're going to come onto an English speaking forum and be an asshole
    now i am an asshole, why? did you get your feelings hurt? because of what?

you are just spreading hate to a new race saying shit and biased/personal reasons and i am the asshole? did a furry bully you when you was young? a dog or a cat attack?
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-25 at 04:26 AM.

no, i mean are you serious? elves in WoW are a big rip off of tolkien elves, and are made exactly to ocupe this place in the fantasy, they are not original in design. In lore? yeah, they are
    Here are some Tolkien elves. (dunno why the image is tiny but whatever you get the point).

Here are some Warhammer elves.

Here are some D&D elves.

And now, here are some WoW elves.

You want to quietly shut the fuck up now, or...?

And again, to say they are boring and cliche just because of their appearance who look like others MMos, is hypocrite and asinine, when the game is full of boring cliche races like humans, dwarfs and elves.
    It's only hypocritical if I were say something like "WoW's dwarves are super cool and original", when in reality WoW dwarves are also a bit cliche (albeit they're more classic than cliche, but whatever). But because this fact ruins your shitty argument, you'd rather try putting words in my mouth because you suck at discourse.

- - - Updated - - -

you are just spreading hate to a new race saying shit and biased/personal reasons and i am the asshole? did a furry bully you when you was young? a dog or a cat attack?
    I'm not 'spreading hate' so much as I'm just giving the facts. Vulpera are cliche. If this upsets you, then... so sad for you, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Crixes1 View Post
    You know whats so funny, people putting in all this time and effort to datamine this like its going to happen. Its not, God, I love watching threads like this and see peoples dreams crushed. They already shot this all down before, its like saying your dad left at birth and you 12 now, sorry kid. He aint ever coming home. LOL.
    Like they did with pretty much saying Allied Races wouldn't be in 7.3.5? Funny that.

Why are you people even responding to @therealstegblob just put that dude on ignore. His drivel isn't remotely worth responding to and you're just encouraging him to keep going.

The guy fundamentally doesn't understand that his opinion on this is what most would call a shit take.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Why are you people even responding to @therealstegblob just put that dude on ignore. His drivel isn't remotely worth responding to and you're just encouraging him to keep going.

The guy fundamentally doesn't understand that his opinion on this is what most would call a shit take.
    So you ignore people with different opinions, eh? Very big of you, little guy.

At any rate, calling the vulpera cliche from appearances isn't an opinion. It's just a fact. If this hurts you, then too bad?

So you ignore people with different opinions, eh? Very big of you, little guy.

At any rate, calling the vulpera cliche from appearances isn't an opinion. It's just a fact. If this hurts you, then too bad?
    fact

a thing that is indisputably the case.
    "the most commonly known fact about hedgehogs is that they have fleas"
    synonyms: reality, actuality, certainty; More
    truth, verity, gospel
    "it is a fact that the water is polluted"
    antonyms: lie, fiction

opinion

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
    "I'm writing to voice my opinion on an issue of great importance"
    synonyms: belief, judgment, thought(s), (way of) thinking, mind, (point of) view, viewpoint, outlook, attitude, stance, position, perspective, persuasion, standpoint;

There you go. Learn the difference between Fact and Opinion. It might help you in life.

7+ Year Old Account
    You want to quietly shut the fuck up now, or...?
    AUEHUAHEUE you are gold dude, you cowardly didn't link the other wow elves right?

what about this big boy

You rly are a dishonest guy, hilarious, if you think this don't look like a generic elf, you are a retard.

It's only hypocritical if I were say something like "WoW's dwarves are super cool and original", when in reality WoW dwarves are also a bit cliche (albeit they're more classic than cliche, but whatever). But because this fact ruins your shitty argument, you'd rather try putting words in my mouth because you suck at discourse.
    what? you are hatting the Vulpera because they are "boring and cliche" just focusing in their appearance, when in fact they are less boring and less cliche than half of the WoW races, like i said this cannot be used as an argument, is totally subjective

I'm not 'spreading hate' so much as I'm just giving the facts. Vulpera are cliche. If this upsets you, then... so sad for you, I guess?
    facts from your ass are not true facts, they are just subject opinions.

Answer, how many mmo you have a playable race like then? like i said, i never saw one, and no one with this compulsive hate on the vulpera can show me one.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-25 at 04:43 AM.

You know @Syegfryed you win the argument when you stop responding to the guy. He's just a troll, and you make this all worse by acknowledging him.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know @Syegfryed you win the argument when you stop responding to the guy. He's just a troll, and you make this all worse by acknowledging him.
    yeah i didn't know what he is, but he made it pretty obvious from his last comment, sometimes you just land into a trap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Like they did with pretty much saying Allied Races wouldn't be in 7.3.5? Funny that.
    But, allied races was happening regardless. That was confirmed and I also speculated 7.3.5 release. But this, this is on a different level and I'm enjoying every second of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I think I've finally found a race I hate more than Gnomes...

Fucking furries, why are Blizzard wasting their time on this?
    Why? You should been asking this question a while back. Maybe about Wrath.

Tuskarr, Taunka, Yaungol, Jinyu, Hozen, Arakkoa, Saberon, Gnoll, Pandaren, Kobold... A lot of species have been made culturally sapient races in WoW. Vulpera and Sethrak seem to just be the next set casted in.

Not saying this is the norm, I am personally getting exhausted by the sheer ease Blizzard is taking to make animal + humanoid = race formula. It'll be more likely we see 9 species of canine before we see something more... alien in concept ever again.

Remember, the High Elves came first in game (Warcraft 2). The Night Elves were made so they would be different from the already established elves without making them Drow, cause TSR, Inc. use to get itchy about that.

Given that he ignored me after I actually succeeded to defend my point, I do find it cheesy that he's taking all these cheap shots and semantic arguments rather than focusing on actual discussion. Oh well.