Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What would have happened if Hillary Clinton won the presidential election?

We've been on the Trump train awhile now.

And hes managed to be in the news with scandals much more than hes achieved. But enough of Don this is about Hillary.

I often wonder how things would be different right now under her and Im just curious how you think things would be different under her in an alternate reality, man in the high castle style.

Would we be fighting Syria right now with a full blown invasion?

Would the FCC have gone through with gutting net neutrality?

Could we have gotten even more scandal out of the weiner/abedin shit storm?

Or would she be doing a great job and creating political ties all over the world that strengthen the American standing and economy?

The country would be boring status quo stuff, and who would want that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Sooo handing over more power and influence to corporations?

10+ Year Old Account
    We would have had a great President instead.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Yes, but boring. Unlike now where its happening in an exciting way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Well, with Hillary, I probably wouldn't be watching American politics all that much. Just some of the more major stuff really, like with any other president.

But with Trump? Who wouldn't want front row seats in watching how an orangutan would rule a country?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

First off, we would've had the Alt-Right Militias who were training and publicly threatening to attack if Hillary won would've cause a series of small but bloody mass-shootings before being put down - thanks to Dump declaring that the election was rigged.

Post that... here's what would've NOT happened.

Net Neutrality would've definitely NOT been gutted - that's for damn sure.

Too tired to think - but I will say off the chuff I'd say these wouldn't have happened... things like not appointing a climate change denyer to head the EPA, she wouldn't have pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord, no Betsy DeVos as head of schools, ect...

Gorsuch being appointed to the Supreme Court wouldn't have happened, or at least would have been challenged.

Definitely no penis-fighting with Kim Jong Un

Mexico's president would want to visit the US and talk with us.

Healthcare reform wouldn't have been passed because Republicans blocking this time around.

There would be a whole bunch of shit-brained made-up scandals we don't even know about because Benghazi-mentality smear campaigns.

Russia investigation might've wrapped up by now due to a) no obstruction and b) not an immediate threat to global security via Dumbass Dump being a possible willing conscript in all this.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Boots on the ground in Syria planned shenanigans in Iran and likely an unlimited number of refugees from whatever part of the world she decides to blight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Hillary Clinton as president would basically just be a third term of Obama. Nothing dramatic. Slow and steady. Business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Well, with Hillary, I probably wouldn't be watching American politics all that much. Just some of the more major stuff really, like with any other president.

But with Trump? Who wouldn't want front row seats in watching how an orangutan would rule a country?
    Those of us who's seats are in range of his feces-flining tantrums, that's who. =/
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2018-02-25 at 06:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. Hillary would not have gutted the Consumer Protection Bureau, or the National Labor Relations Board or the EPA or the DOE. So far fewer handouts to corporations on that level. Or this whole net neutrality thing would have not been repealed.

I know edgy people on the internets are really married to the "both sides are bad". But it's not even close, hasn't been since like 2010.

But details are for us technocrat shills.

1) What country are you watching? Cus that's Dumbfuck Dump doing that, not Hillary.

2) With this post, I now have to ask if this topic was just a giant excuse to play the "Whataboutism" card for you?

If you are really interested in an in depth discussion including on this topic:

This Sam Harris podcast/interview really goes deep into it:
    https://samharris.org/podcasts/117-n...s-power-chaos/

Executive summary - things might be somewhat worse now, and a lot worse into the future if Trump had lost - for some VERY interesting reasons.

Non-Executive Summary - Trump was the big shit you have after you've been constipated for a month, painful and large - but once you get over it you feel better.... we are still on the loo.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2018-02-25 at 06:30 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean exactly what the GOP just did in December?

Clinton would have been a more experienced but boring Obama. The GOP would've met her with the same, probably more, resistance that they hit Obama with - she gets off on that kind of shit though. The little legislation the GOP has passed would've never happened. We'd have a clear stance on Syria. Putin would have thrown a hissy fit but back down more or less. Assad might've found himself dead or in a body bag with Syria no closer to peace.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-02-25 at 06:33 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Us... who's seats are in range of his feces-flining tantrums. =/
    You make a fair point.

A VIP box with bulletproof glass, now that he can buy a gun and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You mean exactly what the GOP just did in December?
    I'm not saying Trump isnt doing that either just so we're clear. It was a comment on the status quo. Its being going on for decades long before don thought of running for office

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If you are really interested in an in depth discussion including on this topic:

This Sam Harris podcast/interview really goes deep into it:
    https://samharris.org/podcasts/117-n...s-power-chaos/

Executive summary - things might be somewhat worse now, and a lot worse into the future if Trump had lost - for some VERY interesting reasons.

Non-Executive Summary - Trump was the big shit you have after you've been constipated for a month, painful and large - but once you get over it you feel better.... we are still on the loo.
    Haha that sounds very insightful and your summaries seem on to something

I don't think she would have gotten through such a generous gift to the corporations than the tax cut that was recently passed. Nor would she have led the gutting of all of the regulatory agencies like Trump has done through his appointments.

So, compared to where I would have liked her to be - far too corporate. But WAY less corporate than what Trump has accomplished in his first year.

7+ Year Old Account
    We'd be on our 12th Benghazi and email server investigation.
    TrumpTV would of launched and is now in a oneupsmanship fight with Faux News on who can be the most outragous when it comes to "news".
    There would of been a few more charlottesville type incidents if not worse as the trump crew protests "rigged" elections
    As far as legislation goes same as Obama and now. Nothing. Deadlock. Republicans refusing to do anything while a Dem is in office

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I don't think she would have gotten through such a generous gift to the corporations then the tax cut that recently was passed. Nor would she have led the gutting of all of the regulatory agencies like Trump has done through his appointments.

So, compared to where I would have liked her to be - far too corporate. But WAY less corporate than what Trump has accomplished in his first year.
    It does seem a bit odd how easy Trump is getting these tax cut's through isnt it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    We'd be on our 12th Benghazi and email server investigation.
    TrumpTV would of launched and is now in a oneupsmanship fight with Faux News on who can be the most outragous when it comes to "news".
    There would of been a few more charlottesville type incidents if not worse as the trump crew protests "rigged" elections
    As far as legislation goes same as Obama and now. Nothing. Deadlock. Republicans refusing to do anything while a Dem is in office
    We have the correct answer. /thread

It does seem a bit odd how easy Trump is getting these tax cut's through isnt it
    I have no idea what you are getting at here. It certainly was not easy, and almost did not happen at all.