10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    @Yunru I enjoyed it; however, it made me miss the show more than anything.otherwise, it was fine. Looked solid though
    I kinda have a felling that 2 main characters are a reicarnation of the ones from 0. Wich would make sense why they are back playing the game.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Anime Japan 2018 have released a poll where you can vote which manga you want to see animated (google translated, reddit thread)
    Among others: 11. Psyren, 22. Vinland Saga, 28. Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To, 43. Dungeon Meshi (Delicious in Dungeon), 55. We Can't Study, 73. Yotsubato!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    Anime Japan 2018 have released a poll where you can vote which manga you want to see animated (google translated, reddit thread)
    Among others: 11. Psyren, 22. Vinland Saga, 28. Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To, 43. Dungeon Meshi (Delicious in Dungeon), 55. We Can't Study, 73. Yotsubato!
    Yotsubato!

Yes! I am honestly surprised there has not been a Yotsubato anime already.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Yunru I apologize for my very shitty response on NGNL0 - I shouldn’t do things when I’m tired. I hope you enjoyed it.

Question for those who have read the Dan Machi LNs: Are the spinoffs comparable to the main story? I just finished LN 10 and want more - really loved them. Finished the first 6 in 4 days before slowing down for the rest but I’m done now.

Ended up finishing off Oratoria anime due to this and rewatching the original right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Yotsubato!

Yes! I am honestly surprised there has not been a Yotsubato anime already.
    The mangaka is supposedly against an adaptation, but that's just a hearsay. Why would it be listed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Instead of 1, can I just pick like... 8/9? >_>
    Kinda yeah. Although, it seems the site lets you vote multiple times or at least there were no signs saying otherwise when I tried (or I just didn't recognize them because moonrunes).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    The mangaka is supposedly against an adaptation, but that's just a hearsay. Why would it be listed in the first place.
    That really doesn't make a lot of sense considering he also made Azumanga Daioh and that did get an anime adaptation. I could see if maybe that had turned out badly but everyone I know loves that anime. I did find something from 2008 where the creator said Yosuba was "not well-suited for animation" but that still feels like a poor reason for there never being even an attempt at an adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    That really doesn't make a lot of sense considering he also made Azumanga Daioh and that did get an anime adaptation. I could see if maybe that had turned out badly but everyone I know loves that anime. I did find something from 2008 where the creator said Yosuba was "not well-suited for animation" but that still feels like a poor reason for there never being even an attempt at an adaptation.
    That really sounds like it is just a variation of the good old anime was a mistake misquote that took on a life of its own.

Question for those who have read the Dan Machi LNs: Are the spinoffs comparable to the main story? I just finished LN 10 and want more - really loved them. Finished the first 6 in 4 days before slowing down for the rest but I’m done now.

Ended up finishing off Oratoria anime due to this and rewatching the original right now.
    I haven't read the original but I've been reading Oratoria. Pretty good since there's a little more mystery to it. Regular Danmachi didn't do much for me as it was pretty predictable and I didn't like Bell since he was a Mary Sue character. But if you enjoyed the setting and characters then it'd probably be worth reading Oratoria. Volume 1 does start a little slow though.

- - - Updated - - -

Antarctica 8 - worst episode so far. The closer they get the less I'm enjoying it. As someone who has worked on ships I guess it bothers me how much they're downplaying the danger of the expedition. There's no way they would actually let a group of high school girls with no discernable skills on a ship going to Antarctica. I guess it's too much to overlook because suspension of disbelief is something I can usually manage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply, @Sj - Bought!

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Antarctica 8 - worst episode so far. The closer they get the less I'm enjoying it.
    While I haven't watched episode 8 yet, I will definitely agree with you in that I've found myself enjoying the show less as it has gone on. The show's got some great characters, but the story hasn't really grabbed me in any way (and annoyed me with the whole episode 7 going on deck in a storm danger thing)...

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone watch the My Hero Academia Awards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Chihayafuru S3

HYPE

related

Diggu pls come back
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2018-02-25 at 06:36 AM.

Thanks for the reply, @Sj - Bought!
    No prob, I read a ton and have a fair-sized collection of LNs and manga. Guess I've got around 300 volumes of just weeb shit on top of my extensive normie collection.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    While I haven't watched episode 8 yet, I will definitely agree with you in that I've found myself enjoying the show less as it has gone on. The show's got some great characters, but the story hasn't really grabbed me in any way (and annoyed me with the whole episode 7 going on deck in a storm danger thing)...
    If it would have ended up being a case of the show following the girls as they tried to find a way to send Shirase to Antarctica I think I'd like it better. They grow closer together yadda yadda and at the end have to say goodbye to one of their closest friends as she embarks on the journey that's consumed her for years. Kimari keeps the role of narrator and the series ends as the screen fades to black as she says if we wouldn't have helped her, Shirase-chan might still be alive a la SSY.

For serious though, the thing that irks me the most is the character that I like the most has the least reason to be there. Good characters, but like you said, the quality of the story just seems to be unable to keep up with the quality of the characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Chihayafuru S3

HYPE

related

Diggu pls come back
    Just fucking saw the thread on /a/. THERE IS A GOD and her name is Shinobu

10+ Year Old Account
    Chihaya will save anime, lolicons and trap lovers can't do anything about it.

never forgetti

- - - Updated - - -

Sentai doing 50% off flash sale on blurays

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Did anyone watch the My Hero Academia Awards?
    Oh man, I just love watching people get super salty over entirely meaningless awards that were voted on by the fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched Chivalry of a Failed Knight. Another show that I hate that I really liked, because it did not end at a good point, and seems to never going to get a season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Watched Chivalry of a Failed Knight. Another show that I hate that I really liked, because it did not end at a good point, and seems to never going to get a season 2.
    It is irritating since the other show which aired that season which is similar, The Asterisk War, got the second season. I honestly preferred Chivalry of a Failed Knight over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I like the fast eye-catches at the end of the Citrus OP. Harumin spin-off when