Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It does have it's problems but I'd still say it's an excellent expac

15+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed it.

I have high hopes for BfA.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty underwhelming honestly. There's just a massive list of things to dislike:
    -Story
    -Cramped "Theme park" zones
    -Pathfinder still existing
    -Doubling down on class pruning
    -Redesigning certain specs for trivial reasons
    -Shoehorning classes into a single weapon type (Frost DKs, Fury Warriors, etc.)
    -AP Grind
    -Time gating content
    -Titanforging
    -Legendary system
    -Paragon rep mounts in place of actual exalted mounts
    etc.

Excellent, topped all others that I've experienced (including WOTLK, but MoP already topped that times 10) outside of 1 patch that still holds the number 1 spot in my heart, 5.2.

If this is WoW moving forward in terms of quality and quantity, then I won't struggle with sticking around for another decade. Didn't feel that way at the end of WoD, I might add. They not only did a 180, they blew past my previous favourite expansion in terms of design and effort put into the game.

PS: Dat poll though. Never seen a poll with such high rankings for a current expansion. Usually the expansions start becoming hailed (even WoD) when there's a new expansion out for the Negative Nancies to swarm around.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-02-24 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Great expansion ruined by too much emphases on grinding, rng and supporting systems.
    You don't like grinds or rng? Give us an example of a reward structure you do like? Because every reward in WoW history has pretty much been one or the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Escepticus View Post
    The first time in WoW (playing since june 2005) that I feel Blizzard want me to be just a hamster....

RNG ad infinitum
    Timegating ad infinitum
    What? lol. First time, eh? So all those dailies in all the other expansions were just some dream I had? I mean, there were certainly no dailies leading to mounts back in MoP, for example, because that would have been time gating and you just explained that hasn't happened since you started playing in 2005!

Alternative theory: You've been playing for 13 years and only just now woke up to the fact that the entire game is a hamster wheel. Climb on if you're having fun, and take a break to enjoy other things when you feel like something different.

Either way, the basic structure of the game is pretty much the same as it's always been.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

my vote was for good overall,

hated the destruction of the hunter class + the disgrace of the legendary system

but M+ is great, most of the raids were good, world quest system was nice, content pacing and overall story was fairly well done

It was excelent in terms of PVE, but awfull in terms of pvp => AVERAGE->GOOD Expanshion. With a good pvp it could be the BEST expanshion, but it's not the case. Oh, and legendaries, hate them.

+ Suramar
    + Return to Karazhan
    + M+ best addition to the game since transmog
    + Improvements to transmog system
    + Lore galore
    + Cinematics
    + Pace of content release
    + Challenging solo content: Chromie, Mage Tower
    + Legendaries (once you have a few, and then get to strategize around when to use which, kind of like extra trinket slots)
    + Balance between grind (artifacts, rep) and rng (legendaries, weekly chests) and special challenges (Chromie, Mage Tower) so it was never all one or the other.
    + Years into the game, Blizz still trying new things (artifacts, new legendary system, SV hunter, pirate rogues...)

- Feeling when you work hard to farm legendary and get one the guides say "Don't use this one."
    - Forgot to write any story for Broken Shore patch.
    - Ongoing struggles with class balance, e.g., pressure on all tanks to roll bear for most of Legion.
    - Trying new things led to some failures, but hey, at least they were trying!

Overall, I'd say it was a great expansion, and some of Blizz's best work. But that doesn't mean there weren't blemishes.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-02-25 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    Legion made me quit WoW for the first time in 12 years. Nothing matters anymore, it feels like a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I fucking hated going back to Dalaran and having to share it with the Alliance. I never understood that even in Wrath. “Let’s take a city smaller than literally any other main city in the game and cram both factions into it.” Laziest shit ever.
    Trust me, no one wants the stink-shit horde in Dal anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    Legion made me quit WoW for the first time in 12 years. Nothing matters anymore, it feels like a waste of time.
    Nothing ever mattered; it was always a waste of time. It's a silly game. Played for entertainment. About as important as candy crush. As in all games, play it when you find it fun and do something else when you get tired of it.

I mean, when's the last time you played Monopoly? Does anyone make a big deal of whether you still play Monopoly? Did something happen to Monopoly, or did you just decide you'd played enough and wanted to do something different? Does there need to be any other reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    With Legion drawing close to its end, I think it's a good moment to give a final verdict about it. It seems to be an xpac that it's been either loved or hated, with no middle point. So let's see what is the general attitude of MMOC in this poll
    Great expansion for the most part, ranked behind Mists for me. Would have been the best (in my opinion) had there not been so many misfires. A lot of class feedback in beta went unheard/ignored, horrible legendary RNG, too much initial per-character grind, etc.

Having said those things, though, for me the positives outweigh the negatives. We got a ton of class and even spec-specific quests/lore/stories, heaps of amazing new mounts, tons of content, and dungeons finally became meaningful, lasting content. Artifacts were a success in spite of the early days of the AP grind, to a degree that I'm beginning to the dread the inevitable 'instability' phase that ushers in their end. And I loved pretty much everything related to Suramar: the story, the zone itself, the Nightborne/Nightfallen, and the raid/dungeons.

Legion also saw a shrewd move on Blizzard's part, in the form of 4 new races added as a pre-order bonus for BFA. And while a lot of people took exception to the rep requirements needed for those, I went into the patch with all conditions met and was able to enjoy those new races immediately.

If I were to score Legion it would be a solid 8 out of 10.

WoD wasn't a hard act to top, but BFA has some pretty big shoes to fill.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-02-25 at 11:25 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad.

Destruction warlock design was so horribly bad, such a huge step backwards from WoD and MoP, that it pretty much ruined the entire expansion for me. Made me dislike playing the game. Thus, as a gaming experience, Legion was bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Nothing ever mattered; it was always a waste of time. It's a silly game. Played for entertainment. About as important as candy crush. As in all games, play it when you find it fun and do something else when you get tired of it.

I mean, when's the last time you played Monopoly? Does anyone make a big deal of whether you still play Monopoly? Did something happen to Monopoly, or did you just decide you'd played enough and wanted to do something different? Does there need to be any other reason?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Warforging and titanforging need to be taken out back and shot. It's one of the worst design ideas Blizzard has ever had, and I say this as someone with some 980 TF trinkets and relics.

Legion was the first expansion where I felt I was constantly behind. I preferred working hard early, getting stuff done, then transitioning to maintenance mode where you can relax a little. You couldn't really relax in Legion, there was always something pushing you to grind, the little voice in your head saying 'if you stop you'll just fall further behind.'

The content was good, but the feeling of playing it, as a raider, was suffocating.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post

Agreed 100%. A lot of MMO players have weird motivations.

Deleted
    Great but not perfect. Plenty to do and I really liked the artifact weapons. A massive step up from WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Legion was the first expansion where I felt I was constantly behind. I preferred working hard early, getting stuff done, then transitioning to maintenance mode where you can relax a little. You couldn't really relax in Legion, there was always something pushing you to grind, the little voice in your head saying 'if you stop you'll just fall further behind.'

The content was good, but the feeling of playing it, as a raider, was suffocating.
    That's the trade-off, right? The balancing act? Between those who want some way to advance their character anytime they log on, and those who want to feel they're all caught up and can take it easy without missing anything. You can't exactly have both - the ability to advance your character anytime, AND the ability to feel caught up like there's nothing more you could do for the moment - so Blizz has to balance things. I think the closest they got was when AP could help but not much, so sure you could always get more but it wouldn't hurt if you didn't. Like now once you reach 75.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Great expansion for the most part, ranked behind Mists for me. Would have been the best (in my opinion) had there not been so many misfires. A lot of class feedback in beta went unheard/ignored, horrible legendary RNG, too much initial per-character grind, etc.

Having said those things, though, for me the positives outweigh the negatives. We got a ton of class and even spec-specific quests/lore/stories, heaps of amazing new mounts, tons of content, and dungeons finally became meaningful, lasting content. Artifacts were a success in spite of the early days of the AP grind, to a degree that I'm beginning to the dread the inevitable 'instability' phase that ushers in their end. And I loved pretty much everything related to Suramar: the story, the zone itself, the Nightborne/Nightfallen, and the raid/dungeons.

Legion also saw a shrewd move on Blizzard's part, in the form of 4 new races added as a pre-order bonus for BFA. And while a lot of people took exception to the rep requirements needed for those, I went into the patch with all conditions met and was able to enjoy those new races immediately.

If I were to score Legion it would be a solid 8 out of 10.

WoD wasn't a hard act to top, but BFA has some pretty big shoes to fill.
    I agree with all of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Good, i liked WQs, class order halls and legiondaries. So the overall mechanics were excellent. I just hate the burning legion lore (I aslo disliked TBC).
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.