Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Again, please provide evidence that this will be a mission table. And not wild guessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    There is none. This thread is just a big argument over mission tables in general.

I think it's safe to say, there won't be one. This late into development and Blizzard still hasn't revealed it? Yeah not happening.
    https://blizzardwatch.com/2017/11/04...r-steve-burke/

Q: "Will we see the return of the mission table in the expansion?"

A: (Senior Game Designer Steve Burke): "We are really happy with the way that followers work and we want to see that move forward."

Take it as you wish. I take it as a confirmation. :/

7+ Year Old Account
    I like to pay my acc with gold and mission tables are like 80% of my income

While I think there’s a fair chance of there being a mission table, that picture isn’t necessarily a mission table. You just use it to pick which zone you go to quest in.

THey are absolute garbage. If they're in the game, I quit. my

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    I rarely ever did that prior to the follower BS. Remember all the time gating? It's annoying. You might like it now for the free gold and rep. But at the start of the expac it was tedious and boring. Waiting to continue my adventure... FUN.
    Yeah those long quest missions at the table aren't fun, I agree. But few for Gold and some Resources, Rep Tokens are fun! And I always love seeing that raid one pop up every two weeks!

Deleted
    I'm fine with them, but i don't want them to be tied to character or quest progression.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    I really hate the mission tables. When everyone has to do something no one gains anything over anyone else. Mission tables have never felt rewarding for me, only punishes people who want to take a break from the game.
    No one "has" to do anything beyond a few early missions for their class storyline... you chose to do an optional part of the game, stop pretending someone is holding a gun to your head

10+ Year Old Account
    Get that facebook shit out of WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

They are just a way to time gate things.

I still don't get how people can complain about doing something that will get you 1k+ gold for literally just clicking on boxes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    No one "has" to do anything beyond a few early missions for their class storyline... you chose to do an optional part of the game, stop pretending someone is holding a gun to your head
    Rewards are way too much for the effort or skill required. Everyone does them, which makes no one benefit from them.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    So I was just checking out some of cool screenshots of the New Horde City naming Zuldazar and then I find this room with Nathanos and High Priestress with a Mission Table inside. So does this mean Mission Tables are back once again for the New Expansion? I wonder what new champions/followers would we have?

Personally its probably best to do other kinds of content in the new expansion than Mission Tables. After having mission tables for two expansions in a row I kind of feel that community is pretty much sick of them.

What do you guys think? Do you like mission tables or do you hate them with a burning passion and want something else to do in the game other than same old facebook content?www.wowhead.com/news=282154/exploring-the-royal-chambers-of-dazaralor-the-horde-hub-in-zuldazar#screenshots:282154:26
    Do we know what the function of this table will be? It might just be for choosing your next questing zone--that was one function of the boards in Legion, and it was a big UI/gameplay update to quest boards for old content in 7.3.5.

I feel like at BlizzCon they said that champions/etc. weren't something they were planning for BFA, anyway, but I have no source.

If they're of the variety in Legion, I won't mind having them. I won't argue for them--they weren't a huge deal, was some nice passive gold earning.

Well, that's the pinnacle of imagination for the current WoW designers. I'm not disappointed, because I had very low expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Seethe View Post
    Time gating new content, dropping extra bonuses, pet and toy opportunities, and providing another avenue for alt catch up. All good things.
    Have we come to the point where "artificial time gating content" is considered as "good thing" ?
    Like, who enjoyed this "Repeat the same xx-hours-mission 5 times before you can go on with the otherwise-interesting storyline" ?

I'm okay with Mission Table only if they contain artificial and non-needed stuff. Pets, mounts, raids cache, golds.

But I'd rather be getting those things myself by actually playing the game, though (that's why I'm okay-ish with the raids cache mission, because you still have to do content to get it).

I never had a problem with the mission table itself. I actually liked having some of the lesser lore characters hang out in my base and maybe send them on missions. Garrisons failed because of the utter lack of everything else besides apexis crystal dailies and garrisons being the only replacement (and the horde one sucking donky balls).

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I absolutely hate them and hope they disappear. They serve no purpose but to force you to feel like you have to log in constantly to maintain them. Sure, you CAN skip them, but theres a reason my friend makes a good 800k a month off his table missions and I make nothing off them. Makes me feel like I'm having a shitty mobile game shoved down my throat.

I also don't own a smartphone, which makes it even more aggravating. I'm at a significant disadvantage because I don't want to pay a lot more per month for a phone I'll never use. I signed up to kill monsters and run around in an open world, not click on a table and receive gratification.
    Which is what you are doing , while your friend go the extra mile and is willing to pay for smartphone (i mean, really?) and it actually takes time to setup alts in a way to be able to make 800k per month. So why are you upset? Because he did it and you didnt? The option is there, you DELIBERATELY chosen to not do it.
    Couldnt resist : To paraphrase , my friend is making almost double my salary because he did the school and then all the manager courses. It was too hassle for me , it feels like im being opressed to not stagnate in work. Sure i could skip the courses and school, but there is a good reason why my friend now makes his salary and i dont. We signed for the same position, not to spent time in meeting. - this is how silly it sounds.

You basically answered to yourself in bolded parts.
    Last edited by LiPiNo; 2018-02-26 at 08:48 AM.

If it has a app to do said mission table then I don’t mind, can do them on the road during work.

10+ Year Old Account
    i always liked the mission tables, i just didn't like how i had to hop everywhere to do all my stuff. Dalaran, class hall and stormwind all have there thing to do. i hope they put everything i need together to be honest. just put the mission map, auction house, bank and any other stuff i might need in the new city. it looks epic and all the porting around just annoys me.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

This thread amazingly showcases what is wrong in WoW currently, so many people cheer for "free stuff". Getting excited about a feature that hands out freebies is undermining everything when you actually do it. That 700g world quest is worth a lot less if you can get 2500+ from doing nothing. The World Quests that yield 250 reputation are worth less when you can just sit in your garrison getting 1000+ in 2 seconds. It is sad to see so many spoiled and poisoned people that do not understand that free stuff is never, EVER, a good thing.

They should at least handle it like gear. Baseline rewards of activities you actually do have a higher base value. For example instead of 700g world quest it is a 2000g world quest. The mission would be a 500g mission with a very small chance to reward equal or higher than the WQ, similar like TF.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2018-02-26 at 12:23 PM.