Poll: Who Would Win?!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Veressa has childrens, Alleria has childrens, Sylvanas has a cockblocked lackey
    Thank goodness she’s undead

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Thank goodness she’s undead
    Nathanos is also Undead, to get an erection you need blood in your dick, she resurrected him to continue cockblocking him through eternity

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    As long as i love Genn Greymane Garithos will floor him.

He have logic in his actions (considering his past). He not Mary Sue - he have good sides and bad sides.

For me Garithos more real and believable character than most of current WoW characters like legion Illidan.

No point me out where i said Uther is poorly written and a bad character. Can't? Because you took it out of your ass.

I consider Uther as failure paladin. It different thing from poorly written and a bad character.
    See:

Lolz what? Uther also not so great. He even worse than stupid zealotry paladin. He stubborn old man who completely deserved to be killed by Arthas.

Tirion sold his duty for sake of his honor.

Maarad. Typical hero with regrets. Although i liked him. Shame Blizzard killed him.

Uther? He was stupid stubborn and prideful. He failed as paladin, as friend and as mentor. Biggest disappointment of Lordaeron.

In terms of sacrifice even Arthas sacrificed more as paladin than Uther.

I can tell more how Uther failed and how his actions failed everyone who he loved.

But its not the thread for this conversation.
    You show a blatant misunderstanding of lore, characters, and a lack of common sense when you try to talk about lore.

You are the last person to discuss anything regarding alliance lore. You think Uther was a failure because you know nothing about him (certainly nothing before the WC3 you worship) and think Turalyon was well written because he's alive and fighting in the now of Warcraft. You like Garithos because its a contrarian thing to do and it makes you feel special to be one of those "woke" lore people, but you'll sit and ignore most of the lore about Garithos, you know, like how he helped the Forsaken or how he was racist against everyone, even Dwarves (they did try to explain why he hated Elves, didnt try to explain why he disrespected Dwarves).

Garithos is a bad character, canonicly we have no idea how strong is he but we do know he got his position from his father and thats the extent.

We know Nathanos was one of the most highly skilled humans in life and only got a hell of a lot stronger in death.

Saying Nathanos would lose this sort of fight, to even entertain such a fight, shows an open ignorance of the lore itself. I am growing to wonder why you hate the lore so much since you very obviously ignore most of it.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Do we have any info about Garithos' helmet? I always thought it looked like it was looted from the fallen body of God of Thunder himself. That's how mighty Garithos potentially is!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know he's named BLIGHTcaller, not BRIGHTcaller. There's a distinct difference.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    You know he's named BLIGHTcaller, not BRIGHTcaller. There's a distinct difference.
    Sorry my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You show a blatant misunderstanding of lore, characters, and a lack of common sense when you try to talk about lore.
    I didn't said Uther was poorly written character - you pulling it out of your ass. I just said i don't like him as person. Its mine opinion on character. How opinion can be wrong?

Garithos is a bad character, canonicly we have no idea how strong is he but we do know he got his position from his father and thats the extent.
    Your opinion.

Saying Nathanos would lose this sort of fight, to even entertain such a fight, shows an open ignorance of the lore itself. I am growing to wonder why you hate the lore so much since you very obviously ignore most of it.
    So if my opinion on fight is not the same as your i don't know lore? Good to know.

You one of these people who love to force their opinion on others and if people don't accept it you call them idiots. Okay. Bye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    this seems like a highly biased post, you didn't even recognize how Garithos was a Dark knight, a mix of Paladin and Warrior, pretty much he would be like a scarlet crusade "fallen paladin" vibe

And by that time He was the most skilled warrior and combatant, thats why we took the leadership of the alliance, something you can't do with name alone.
    What exactly can you tell about being a Dark Knight? That he was a mix of a warrior and a paladin? A jack of all trade? it says nothing about how strong he is at all. :^)
    Where do you read he was the most skilled warrior and combatant? He was the strongest warlord in the area, sure but a Warlord is someone who use political, economic and military control over a territory - and by the way, I did not say he was a weak fighter. (did you even read all that I wrote?)
    True, but name and influence can help you a great deal of the way there, compared to Nathanos past where he was met with objections, with no real family name to back him up, except his outstanding skills and provess.
    I took information about them both, weighted them against eachother and made a decision based on their past, experience, disadvantages and advantages. How is that biased? You arguing for Garithos being the victor isn't biased? when you only say "He's a Dark Knight, ofc he will win" instead of finding propper evidence to counter argue. From what I can find, the Dark Knight might just be a darker version of a regular paladin.

I would still say Nathanos would be the victor in that fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUnbreakableBalls View Post
    What exactly can you tell about being a Dark Knight? That he was a mix of a warrior and a paladin? A jack of all trade? it says nothing about how strong he is at all.
    In W3 he had paladin's heal, shockwave from Tauren Chieftan, armor aura from paladin and Avatar (ulta greatly boost damage and hp) from Mountain King.

Basically he was fat tank with self heal, tons of armor and aoe damage. Plus high speed movement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUnbreakableBalls View Post
    What exactly can you tell about being a Dark Knight? That he was a mix of a warrior and a paladin? A jack of all trade? it says nothing about how strong he is at all. :^)
    how not? just being paladin show he is actually strong, but a "dark paladin" show he is something more, like the heroic class in the RPgs and its not easy to archive

Where do you read he was the most skilled warrior and combatant? He was the strongest warlord in the area,
    And the area should be all lordaeron... we can even extend to other fallen human nations, you can't jut grind your way to the position of leader of the alliance just by father influence an not by his abilities
    sure but a Warlord is someone who use political, economic and military control over a territory - and by the way, I did not say he was a weak fighter. (did you even read all that I wrote?)
    and i didn't said you said he was a weak fighter, i said he didn't archive the title if he was not high skilled.

I took information about them both, weighted them against eachother and made a decision based on their past, experience, disadvantages and advantages. How is that biased? You arguing for Garithos being the victor isn't biased? when you only say "He's a Dark Knight, ofc he will win" instead of finding propper evidence to counter argue. From what I can find, the Dark Knight might just be a darker version of a regular paladin.

I would still say Nathanos would be the victor in that fight.
    you didn't took the information of how Garithos was basically a paladin, and how undeads are obvious weak against holy magic.

Both skilled guys, but Garithos have advantages who work especially against undeads like Nathanos, and we are talking about an open directly combat, who warriors with magic have advantages, in other situations Nathanos would obviously win, with an arrow in Garithos mouth
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-25 at 04:04 PM.

how not? just being paladin show he is actually strong, but a "dark paladin" show he is something more, like the heroic class in the RPgs and its not easy to archive

And the area should be all lordaeron... we can even extend to other fallen human nations, you can't jut grind your way to the position of leader of the alliance just by father influence an not by his abilities

and i didn't said you said he was a weak fighter, i said he didn't archive the title if he was not high skilled.

you didn't took the information of how Garithos was basically a paladin, and how undeads are obvious weak against holy magic.

Both skilled guys, but Garithos have advantages who work especially against undeads like Nathanos, and we are talking about an open directly combat, who warriors with magic have advantages, in other situations Nathanos would obviously win, with an arrow in Garithos mouth
    Nathanos also has magic.

Really? Garithos fucked an entire race of elves, Nathanos couldnt even fuck one

Deleted
    If Nathanos can ambush Garithos i think Garithos is kinda screwed. But in an open, direct confrontation it depends if Nathanos can break Garithos' defenses. If not, i think Garithos wins in a direct melee fight, which he seems to excel at or at least it is more his thing compared to Nathanos.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Nathanos also has magic.
    who is not very effective against paladins

Veressa has childrens, Alleria has childrens, Sylvanas has a cockblocked lackey
    veressa and alleria are human x elf cliches

- - - Updated - - -

easily nathanos he headshots gariracist
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

nathanos could probably win.

but given that garithos was partially a paladin, he has an edge.

I'd go with Garithos. At least he has ideas and opinions for himself. Nathanos is little more than a puppy on a string at this point (at least character wise). Skill wise its interesting. People say he'd be shot off his horse, but if we go by the fact that Greymane beat his ass on top of a crashing ship, then survived a black arrow. Then we take into account that Garithos' light based abilities would make Nathanos scream "My Lady" faster than anything I'd vote for Garithos on that basis too.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Gotta go with Garithos on this one. He'd open with Avatar, making him immune to Nathanos' attempts to snare, slow, or trap him, or even DoT him. The extra armor from Avatar and Devotion Aura would let him shrug off a lot of damage. Then use Holy Light at a distance for lots of big poke damage, close the distance to beat on Nathanos, and use Shockwave up close so he can't dodge it. If Nathanos ever Disengages, more use of Holy Light to do big bursty poke damage. Repeat until dead.

Deleted
    You are assuming this about his class, nothing else :^)

Still, your are not reading what I write.

You still went ahead, and mentioned him being a skilled fighter - even when I had said so myself, implying I hadn't thought of this. Again, read what I write.

A paladin is a cleric who also have had training in combat. Since they cant specialize they are a jack of all trade between a cleric/priest and a warrior. Not saying they are necessarily weak, but they didn't spend as much time learning to fight as a warrior. Sure, he has Holy Light that 1) needs to be casted first, where he needs to concentrate 2) I highly doubt Nathanos would die from a single Holy Light spell. If he did, dealing with the scourge would had been no problem what so ever :^)

I want you to take a good look at the first post I made in this thread. The fact he is on horse back, makes him less of a competent fighter, because its difficult to properly fight that way.

If you can't read what has been written, I will just ignore you, because it will be a waste of my time

who is not very effective against paladins
    He uses shadow magic to empower his attacks, can cause magical fear in others, has access to poison arrows, and of course is an expert shot and not to bad in melee either.

How is that stuff not effective against Paladins? Maybe not as much as with other classes yes, the poison at least. But Nathanos is a proven, skilled, expert combatant.

Garithos is a guy using his dads name. I do not doubt he was likely skilled, but from what we have available regarding him? He's at most an above average knight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    nathanos could probably win.

but given that garithos was partially a paladin, he has an edge.
    Yep. Holy Light skill was dealing damage if was used on undead units/heroes.